Vegetable Carbon Market: An Overview
Vegetable carbon is also known by the name of vegetable black, carbo medicinalis vegetabilis, and carbon black. Vegetable carbon is an insoluble black food coloring agent used in confectionery products, bakery products, decorations, cheese coating and pharmaceuticals applications. The vegetable carbon is produced via steam activation of vegetable fiber, wood, cellulose residue and peat. For health purposes, it is non-carcinogenic, naturally produced and pure. Also, the uses of vegetable carbon in process food is highly regulated and incorporate national legislations which assure safety for the consumers. The European, Canadian Australia, and New Zealand authorities approve vegetable carbon as a color additive while United States FDA still restricts its uses across the country. Vegetable carbon is typically safe and has health benefits as it prevents halitosis due to intestinal fermentation and also proven to be highly effective in case of diarrhea.
Vegetable Carbon Market: Dynamics
The use of food additives is justified when it ensures food safety, preserves the nutritional value, provides an appealing color, or enhances the stability of the food. The extensive use of vegetable carbon in processed food, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical applications not only improves the color of the product but at the same time, it also preserves the quality by keeping the product fresh. The increasing awareness about vegetable carbons among food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals manufacturers has acted as a driver for the global vegetable carbon market. The user's assertiveness towards pleasing color and durable product is appeared to be a key factor that drives the global vegetable carbon market. The surging demand for the processed food across the globe requires various food additives in order to increase the food productivity, which anticipate to uplift the vegetable carbon market. However, the ban on vegetable carbon as food additives in the United States of America is expected to hamper the growth of vegetable carbon market during the forecast period. The vegetable carbon is FDA-Certified color additive and offers many health benefits as compared to other color additives ultimately which appeals to end users. This is expected to offer many opportunities for vegetable carbon market during the forecast period.
Vegetable Carbon Market: Segmentation
Globally, the vegetable carbon market is segmented as follows:
On the basis of source, the vegetable carbon market is segmented into:
- Coconut shell
- Vegetable fiber
On the basis of end use, the vegetable carbon market is segmented into:
- Food and Beverage
- Bakery products
- Cheese coating
On the basis region, the vegetable carbon market is segmented into:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
The demand for the vegetable carbon market is expected to be high in Western Europe region which attributes for largest share and have prime dominance over global vegetable carbon market owing to the high demand of color additives. The region such as Eastern Europe and Japan also account for a significant share of the global vegetable carbon market and follows the Western Europe region in terms of sales. The APEJ and MEA region are expected to witness the positive growth during the forecast period.
Vegetable Carbon Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global vegetable carbon market are listed below:
- DDW The Colour House
- Univar Food Ingredients
- Hawkins Watts Limited
- Jiangmen Goody's Food Co.
- Guangzhou Well Land Foods Co.
- KF Specialty Ingredients
- Holland Ingredients
- Wpasta Co. Ltd.
- Hansen Holding A/S
- Bolise Co., Ltd.
- Dynasty Colourants Co.
Vegetable Carbon Market: Key Development and Trends
Color additives are considered one of the most important classes of additives and their demand is increasing every year. Therefore, many key manufacturers are engaging themselves in research activities via collaboration with other players to resolve the safety problem associated with vegetable carbon.
- Many companies are focusing on a solution to eliminate impurities which are found in vegetable carbon. The aim of the research is to build the product which is safer to use and promote its applicability, ultimately it fuels the global vegetable carbon market.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Vegetable Carbon Market Report Highlights:
- A detailed overview of the vegetable carbon market and parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the vegetable carbon market
- In-depth market segmentation of vegetable carbon market
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the vegetable carbon market
- Competitive landscape of vegetable carbon market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on vegetable carbon market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development