A remote control is used to operate electronic devices such as televisions, radios, and audio/video recording devices from a certain distance. A remote control duplicator is a copy of an original remote control, which is used as a replacement for an old remote control in an emergency situation. A remote control duplicator is also called a flipper, tuner, clicker or converter, and is capable of copying the learning code of an RF remote control face-to-face. It can be used in various application areas such as cars, gates, garage door openers, traffic barriers, and home security systems, among others. The usage of remote control duplicators can be seen in the residential sector, as misplacing the remote is a common problem in many households. A remote control duplicator can be operated through infrared and radio frequency signals. It can control a variety of functions such as the changing of channels, volume, and track numbers, besides other multiple features.
Remote control duplicators are divided into three groups: fixed-frequency and single frequency universal remote control duplicators, variable frequency and single frequency universal remote control duplicators, and multi-frequency universal remote control duplicators.
A remote control duplicator consists of an infrared diode that emits infrared signals, i.e. an invisible beam of light, typically a 940-nanometre wavelength LED. A remote control duplicator helps consumers in operating a television from any point of sight, and can be focused in one direction or multiple directions. The components which are embedded in a remote control duplicator are an integrated circuit and an 18-pin dual inline package (DIP).
Global Remote Control Duplicators Market: Drivers and Challenges
The growth of the television and audio/video recorder markets is the primary factor that is contributing to the growth of the remote control duplicators market. People use remote control duplicators for multiple purposes, especially when old remotes get damaged. Remote control duplicators are also used in organisations, schools, and colleges while operating projectors for presentation purposes. These factors are driving the remote control duplicators market.
A remote control duplicator consists of delicate parts, and the keys are subject to abrasive wear and tear. Carrying a remote control duplicator in the hand is a challenging part for human beings, as it might get damaged due to being dropped on the floor. A remote control duplicator contains a circuit board and an infrared diode, which might get affected due to water damage. On the other hand, manufacturers are developing remote controls that require batteries to operate and need to be replaced after battery drainage within a specific time. Due to these factors, the growth of the global remote control duplicators market is expected to face headwinds over the coming years.
Global Remote Control Duplicators Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of the remote control duplicators market on the basis of type is as follows:
- Infrared (IR)
- Radio Frequency (RF)
Segmentation of the remote control duplicators market on the basis of industry is as follow:
Global Remote Control Duplicators Market: Competition Landscape
Examples of some of the market participants in the global remote control duplicators market are Sony Corporation, LG Electronics, Samsung, Panasonic Corporation, Sharp Corporation, Philips, Toshiba, TCL Corporation, Insignia Systems, Inc., Bose Corporation, Sansui Electric, Onida Electronics, Daewoo and Bush.
Global Remote Control Duplicators Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of geography, North America is expected to capture the largest market share, owing to the presence of well-developed remote control duplicator manufacturers and various innovative technology developers and manufacturers. Europe is also expected to gain a substantial market share due to the introduction of new technologies and applications. APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing remote control duplicators market, owing to government initiatives towards the improvement of technologies by emerging economies such as India and China. In APAC, many remote control duplicator brands are offering cheap remote controls with good quality.
The remote control duplicators markets in Latin America and MEA are also expected to witness high growth rates in the coming period, due to an increase in the demand from the healthcare industry and also the education industry.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Remote Control Duplicators Market Segments
- Global Remote Control Duplicators Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013–2017
- Global Remote Control Duplicators Market Size & Forecast, 2018 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for the Remote Control Duplicators Market
- Global Remote Control Duplicators Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved in the Remote Control Duplicators Market
- Remote Control Duplicators Market Solutions Technology
- Value Chain of the Remote Control Duplicators Market
- Global Remote Control Duplicators Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional Analysis for the Global Remote Control Duplicators Market includes:
Regional analysis for the remote control duplicators market includes the development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development