Autonomous Mobile Robots
Autonomous mobile robots perform informed and un-coerced tasks with an extreme level of precision. Autonomous mobile robots function in fields such as household cleaning & maintenance, space flight, delivery of goods & services, and waste water treatment. Usually, autonomous mobile robots exist as a separate entity in an industry, but within the stringent confines of the direct environment. This is due to the fact that for an industrial autonomous mobile robot, the factory workplace is challenging to function in as the processes are likely to contain chaotic and unpredictable variables.
Currently, companies are focusing on developing a unique autonomous mobile robot that can determine the type of terrain & environment and function accordingly. This autonomous robot would be able to cope with its surrounding environment, be it on land or underground, in water, or air. This autonomous mobile robot would also have self-learning capabilities. For instance, manufacturers are offering autonomous mobile robots that function as lawn mowers, which adapt to the speed of growth of the grass. Moreover, some vacuum cleaning autonomous mobile robots have dirt detectors that sense the quantity of dirt and accordingly calculate the time in which the dirt will be picked up.
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market: Drivers and Challenges
There are various factors that drive the demand for autonomous mobile robots. A fully functional autonomous mobile robot can gain precise information about the environment surrounding it and functions accordingly without any governing force. This factor will enable the global autonomous mobile robots market to boom during the forecast period. Autonomous mobile robots possess the ability to function for an extended time period without any human intervention. In addition, without any assistance, autonomous mobile robots move around in their operational environment by avoiding collisions and damage to people, property or themselves. These factors are expected to drive the global autonomous mobile robots market. Autonomous mobile robots have a number of environmental sensors embedded in them, which enhance their operational ability and make them less vulnerable to self-damage. Thus, factors such as self-maintenance, sense of environment and autonomous navigation are expected to propel the global autonomous mobile robots market.
However, autonomous mobile robots are very expensive. Small and medium enterprises cannot afford to invest in autonomous mobile robots due to heavy initial expenditure and high maintenance costs. Also, lack of awareness regarding the technology for autonomous mobile robots hinders the growth of the global autonomous mobile robots market.
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market: Segmentation
On the basis of functional ability, the global autonomous mobile robots market can be segmented into the following:
- Task performance
- Task perception
- Environmental perception
- Autonomous navigation
- Other abilities (Self-learning, reasoning, etc.)
Currently, autonomous mobile robot manufacturers are focused on continuous upgradation and addition of functional abilities to the autonomous mobile robot technology.
On the basis of application, the global autonomous mobile robots market can be segmented as follows:
- Residential maintenance
- Commercial operations
- Industrial automation
Among all the applications, industrial automation applications that involve autonomous mobile robots are expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market: Regional Outlook
Among all the regions, North America holds the largest market share of the global autonomous mobile robots market and is estimated to maintain a steady growth rate over the forecast period. The growth of autonomous mobile robots market in North America can be attributed to the ever-rising trend of building and industrial automation. Increasing adoption of autonomous mobile robots in the military sector is expected to provide a boost to the autonomous mobile robots market in the region.
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market: Key Players
Some of the major players operating in the global autonomous mobile robots market include Teradyne, Inc.; General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.; Mobile Industrial Robots ApS; Aviation Industry Corporation of China; SMP Robotics; Aethon Inc.; Swisslog Holding AG; Clearpath Robotics Inc.; Hi-Tech Robotic Systemz; WM Robots LLC and Kongsberg Maritime AS.
The Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Segments
- Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Segments
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Size & Forecast, 2018 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Autonomous Mobile Robots Technology
- Value Chain
- Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Autonomous Mobile Robots Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development