Fixed Mobile Convergence Market
Fixed Mobile Convergence Market Analysis by Session Redirection, PBX Mobility, Client Software, and Dual Mode Support for B2C and B2B from 2024 to 2034
Analysis of Fixed Mobile Convergence Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Fixed Mobile Convergence Market Outlook (2024 to 2034)
The global fixed mobile convergence market is set to be valued at US$ 5.5 billion in 2024 and is forecasted to expand at a double-digit CAGR of 12.8% to reach US$ 18.5 billion by the end of 2034.
Fixed-mobile convergence technology enables telecom providers to deliver both fixed-line wired networks and mobile/cellular communication networks to their subscribers. This ensures seamless connectivity between fixed and wireless communication networks. The objective of telecom convergence is to optimize the sharing of data, voice, video, etc., within the same communication infrastructure, irrespective of the location or device used.
- In 2023, mobile as a service (MaaS) providers held a commanding market share of 55.7%.
|Fixed Mobile Convergence Market Size (2023A)
|US$ 4.9 Billion
|Estimated Market Value (2024E)
|US$ 5.5 Billion
|Forecasted Market Value (2034F)
|US$ 18.5 Billion
|Global Market Growth Rate (2024 to 2034)
|North America Market Share (2024)
|North America Market Growth Rate (2024 to 2034)
|Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Revenue Analysis of Fixed Mobile Convergence (2019 to 2023) vs. Market Forecasts (2024 to 2034)
According to the analysis done by Fact.MR, global fixed mobile convergence market growth was recorded at a CAGR of 10.8% from 2019 to 2023.
- Short Term (2024 to 2027): Increasing demand for data-intensive applications like gaming and streaming video is projected to drive a steady rise in the adoption of fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) solutions in the short term. Essential for meeting users' evolving connectivity needs across mobile and fixed networks, FMC solutions are gaining popularity. Users appreciate the convenience of having all communication needs in one place, and the cost savings achieved by consolidating subscriptions further contribute to the growing preference for FMC solutions.
- Mid Term (2028 to 2031): Demand for fixed mobile convergence solutions is driven by emerging use cases and technological convergence. The enhanced scalability, flexibility, and affordability of cloud-based FMC solutions are projected to contribute to their increased popularity. The advent of 5G networks underscores the pivotal role of FMC in seamless integration with IoT devices, particularly for applications in smart homes, cities, and cars.
- Long Term (2032 to 2034): Emergence of FMC as the standard for data transmission and communication is projected to boost demand for these solutions. FMC offers continuous access to services on any device, seamlessly integrating into everyday life. As the boundaries of FMC expand, the integration of AI and machine learning is forecast to bring in new applications that are projected to significantly reshape the landscape of communication and connectivity, providing personalized and adaptable experiences.
From 2024 to 2034, the global market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 12.8%, according to research by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
What’s Driving Increasing Need for Fixed Mobile Convergence Solutions?
“Fixed Mobile Convergence Aligning with Communication Preferences and Internet Usage Habits”
Use of digital devices worldwide, particularly mobile phones, is on the rise. The reliance on mobile phones for internet access and social media communication characterizes this trend. Due to the widespread use of mobile phones, fixed mobile convergence has become increasingly significant. It aligns well with the prevalent usage patterns of cell phones, seamlessly integrating fixed services (such as home internet) with mobile services.
- According to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the number of mobile phone subscriptions worldwide reached 7.902 billion in 2023, representing a penetration rate of 107%. This number is projected to increase further to 9.548 billion by 2028, with a penetration rate of 125%.
- As per another study, 88.9% of Southeast Asia's internet users are projected to be smartphone users, surpassing rates observed in more economically advanced regions like North America and Western Europe.
FMC's integrated strategy effectively caters to mobile users' demand for on-the-go connections by aligning with their communication preferences and internet usage habits. In a market where mobile devices are crucial for daily communication and online activities, this renders FMC an attractive option.
“Technological Advancements in Telecommunications Industry”
Rapid progress of technology is bringing about a significant change in telecommunications. More people using advanced technologies like VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, and 5G create new chances for innovation. These changes completely transform how we communicate, providing international markets with faster, more reliable, and more efficient services.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
What is Hindering Adoption of Fixed Mobile Convergence Solutions?
“Uneven Global 5G Deployment Hindering Seamless Integration of Fixed and Mobile Networks”
Uneven deployment of 5G networks globally may pose challenges for achieving optimal fixed-mobile convergence. The seamless integration of fixed and mobile networks, crucial for delivering high-speed and low-latency services, faces hurdles due to variations in 5G coverage.
Addressing discrepancies is essential to unlock the full potential of integrated communication solutions, as 5G forms a critical foundation for the expanded capabilities of FMC. To maximize the benefits of fixed-mobile convergence and ensure a consistent and reliable experience for customers, fostering a technologically unified global environment is necessary.
Why is the United States at the Forefront in Adopting FMC Solutions?
“Strong Demand for Integrated Communication Solutions”
The United States fixed mobile convergence market size reached US$ 651.2 million in 2023 and is projected to increase at a substantial 12.6% CAGR from 2024 to 2034. The United States market meets the rising demand for integrated communication solutions by seamlessly merging fixed and mobile networks. The country ensures consistent connectivity, caters to individuals transitioning between different environments, and offers unified communication solutions for businesses.
The market in the United States stands out as a key player, accounting for a substantial portion of the global market. Notably, start-ups and established market players are actively contributing to the sector's vibrancy, particularly in the context of a developed and technologically advanced country like the United States.
- According to the Federal Communications Commission, from 2020 to 2023, fixed-line broadband subscriptions in the United States dropped from 103.2 million to 98.7 million, while mobile broadband subscriptions rose from 295.7 million to 330.7 million. The average monthly cost for fixed-line broadband decreased from US$ 61.53 to US$ 57.44, whereas mobile broadband increased from US$ 68.87 to US$ 74.32, indicating shifts in service dynamics and pricing.
These trends reflect the evolving dynamics and pricing structures in both fixed and mobile broadband services over the specified timeframe.
What Makes China a Lucrative Market for Fixed Mobile Convergence Solution Providers?
“Robust Telecom Infrastructure Facilitating Seamless Integration of Fixed and Mobile Networks”
The market in China is projected to expand at a 27% CAGR from 2024 to 2034 and hold a leading East Asia fixed mobile convergence market share. The adoption of fixed mobile convergence technology in the country is being driven by the rapidly expanding digital economies in China. Extensive use of mobile devices, cutting-edge telecom infrastructure, and important developments like the convergence of services and digital transformation, which offer practical and easily accessible instruments for fixed mobile convergence, are key market drivers. Together, these components contribute to the market's growth and satisfy the changing communication demands of China's rapidly changing digital economy.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Which Industry Accounts for High Use of Fixed Mobile Convergence?
“Extensive Adoption of FMC in Telecom for Consistent Connectivity and Reliable Communication”
Fixed mobile convergence market trends indicate that the telecom segment is likely to expand at a CAGR of 13.8% through 2034. The telecom industry is projected to hold a leading market share by 2034. Seamless integration of fixed and mobile networks ensures unified communication by incorporating messages, providing a single reachable number, and facilitating smooth phone handovers. FMC offers cost-effective plans, supports mobile office solutions for remote work, and enhances productivity through reliable features, thus ensuring improved coverage and dependable connectivity.
Growing demand for data, fueled by data-intensive applications like gaming and streaming, increases the significance of seamless communication between fixed and mobile networks. Consumer expectations are changing, and this creates the need for more cohesive communication experiences. The adoption of fixed-mobile convergence solutions is projected to be driven by the necessity to identify and address such evolving communication scenarios.
Which Convergence Type Accounts for a Leading Market Share?
“Client Software Holding Leading Share Due to Ability to Offer Targeted Interventions”
Client software is estimated to account for a 38.2% share of the market in 2024. Through the forecast period, the segment is forecasted to expand at 13.3% CAGR.
The significance of client software is projected to play a crucial role in generating substantial revenue. The increased focus on internet penetration has led to an increase in demand for mobile phones, internet bandwidth, and networking tools. Client software helps identify issues related to mobile convergence and offers timely, targeted interventions, showcasing its immense income potential. As a result, this contributes to enhancing the user experience across various industries, including corporate, healthcare, and education.
Advoss, Allocloud, CableLabs, Citymesh, CounterPath, Destiny NV, Gintel AS, Juno Telecoms, KPN, kt Rwanda Networks, Microsoft, Netcom Solutions Bvba, Orange, PCCW-HKT DataCom Services Limited, Proximus, Smartfren Home, Tango Networks, Inc., Telkom IndiHome, Tri Home, Turkcell, Unifi, Vodafone Limited, Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison, and XL Axiata are key players in the fixed mobile convergence industry.
Fixed-mobile convergence service providers are constantly innovating their service offerings to meet the demands of the market. They are investing in 5G, VTE, cloud data, Wi-Fi 7, and dual-mode support to create more engaging and immersive fixed mobile convergence experiences, which can lead to increased demand and higher sales. Players are expanding their presence in emerging markets such as Asia-Pacific, which are experiencing high growth rates due to the increasing demand for high-quality products in various end-use industries.
- In November 2023, ALLOcloud unveiled its Customer 360 Practice, leveraging AWS, Snowflake, and Salesforce Data Cloud to revolutionize customer engagement strategies. Businesses can now seamlessly integrate and enrich data to gain deeper insights, foster meaningful connections, and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- In November 2023, CableLabs and the Telecom Infra Project (TIP) community unveiled the latest iteration of OpenWiFi, an open-source Wi-Fi platform designed to revolutionize the wireless networking landscape. This collaboration will pave the way for more cost-effective and interoperable Wi-Fi networks.
Segmentation of Fixed Mobile Convergence Market Research
By Component :
By Convergence Type :
- Session Redirection
- PBX Mobility
- Client Software
- Dual Mode Support
By Service Provider :
By Use Case :
- Customer-based Use Cases (B2C) (Residential or Individuals)
- B2B-based Use Cases (Enterprises, Businesses)
- Government and Public Sector
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- Middle East & Africa
- FAQs -
What was the size of the fixed mobile convergence market in 2023?
The global fixed mobile convergence market was valued at US$ 4.9 billion in 2023.
At what rate did the demand for fixed mobile convergence solutions increase from 2019 to 2023?
Demand for fixed mobile convergence solutions increased at a 10.8% CAGR from 2019 to 2023.
What is the projected size of the global market for 2034?
The market for fixed mobile convergence is forecasted to reach US$ 18 billion by 2034.
Who are the leading players operating in the fixed mobile convergence market?
Prominent market players include Advoss, Allocloud, CableLabs, Citymesh, CounterPath, Destiny NV, Gintel AS, and Vodafone Limited.
How much share of the global market does North America account for?
North America is projected to account for 30.9% share of the global market in 2024.