Smoke Detector Market
Smoke detector consists of a sensor and interconnected system. The sensor detects the smoke and the system sends the signal to the fire alarm. Thus, the smoke detector is not a self-contained device rather a combination of a sensor and an alarm system. Smoke detectors operate as an interconnected system which can be monitored remotely as per the requirement of different applications.
Smoke detectors find extensive application in residential and commercial construction where they are installed for the safety of individuals and employers from fire incidences. Owing to the failures of conventional smoke detectors to detect smoke and communication of false alarm, manufacturers in the smoke detector market are engaged in developing efficient and reliable designs of smoke detectors.
Smart Smoke Detectors Gaining Traction
As connective technologies are highly embraced by consumers, demand for smart smoke detectors is gaining traction. In the ‘Smart’ era, smart detectors are considered one of the prime equipment installed among other smart home devices. With the growing constrictions of modern infrastructure, smart and innovative smoke alarms are trending in the smoke detector market.
Multiple protect and WiFi enabled features to provide advanced protection in terms of remote monitoring through a mobile application. These smart smoke detectors are connected to the internet and sent alerts to the smartphones or turn the light on automatically.
Advanced smoke detectors are designed to detect both smoke and carbon dioxide. Further, the smart smoke detectors send alerts in the form of location of a specific room from where the smoke is coming.
Growing Awareness of Residential Security Increasing Smoke Detector Sales
Government organizations have initiated awareness promotions as a significant portion of infrastructures lacks a fully-functional fire alarm system, particularly in residential sectors. In addition, inspection by federal governments to identify old buildings and non-functional smoke detectors can encourage installation of new smoke detectors.
On the other hand, increasing awareness among consumers to prevent incidences of the fire has led to the adoption of smoke detectors in commercial as well as residential sectors. With the residential security becoming a priority among consumers, sales of smoke detectors are set to rise in the coming years.
Regulatory Frameworks in Smoke Detector Landscape
Stakeholders in the construction sector are required to follow national regulations regarding the installation of smoke detectors in the determined dimensions of the construction. Different nations have different building regulations for the installation of smoke detectors or fire alarms.
Further, manufacturers in the smoke detectors market continue to align their product with the evolving regulatory standards. For instance, in Australia, smoke alarms should be compliant with minimum standard requirements. Smoke alarm legislation document stated that smoke alarm installed or replaced on or after 1st May 2017 must comply with the Australian Standard 3786:2014. As the regulatory frameworks become more stringent, demand for smoke detectors is likely to grow in the future.
Growing Installation of Smoke Detectors in Healthcare Infrastructure
Accurate functioning of smoke detectors in the healthcare infrastructure is crucial as the failure of smoke detection can cause chaos in different medical departments. Further, caretakers have the responsibility of evacuating different levels of patients and ensure the safety of the entire healthcare facility.
Accurate detection of fire through smoke detectors can provide healthcare providers to react quickly during the evacuation process. In a bid to avoid serious consequences and ensure the safety of the healthcare system, installation of a fire protection system including smoke detectors is quintessential in the healthcare infrastructures.
Smoke Detector Market – Competitive Landscape
Manufacturers in the smoke detectors market are leveraging introduction of innovative products that allow accurate and early detection of fire. Incorporation of ionization alarms and Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) in smoke detectors in trending in the market.
Key manufacturers in the smoke detector market include Honeywell International, Siemens AG, United Technologies Corporation, Tyco, Hochiki Corporation, Robert Bosch, Nest labs, NEC Corporation, Johnson Control, Schneider Electric and Others.
- Honeywell International released wireless two-in-one smoke and carbon monoxide detector for homes with a central station monitoring system in March 2017. The product is easy for dealers to install and homeowners to manage. The company also launched intelligent VESDA-E advanced smoke detection technology with NOTIFIER and Gamewell-FCI commercial building fire system in September 2018.
- Edwards’ new multi-criteria smoke detector for which the manufacturer has received certification to the UL standard for its Fire Alarm Systems UL 268, 7th edition which is set to take effect in May 2020.
- A new study carried out by U.S. researchers at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus finds that a smoke alarm with mother’s voice would wake children more quickly as compared to alarms that emit high-pitched tones.
Smoke Detector Market - Regional Outlook
The smoke detector market is expected to witness a steady outlook at the global stage. North America and Europe remain the lucrative markets for smoke detector on the back of stringent regulatory standards that mandate installation of smoke detectors in residential, commercial as well as public infrastructures.
A developing region such as APEJ is expected to witness increasing demand for smoke detectors in the future. Countries like India and China will hold a larger share of the regional revenues owing to the presence of a number of local smoke detector manufacturers.
Smoke Detector Market Segmentation
- By Type
- Projected Beam
- By Mechanism Type
- Battery Powered
- Hardwired With Battery Backup
- Hardwired Without Battery Backup
- By Application
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
- DROT – Minimum 4 points
- Competitive Landscape – Notable Developments (min 3 points)
- Regional Outlook – 50-100 words
- Shuffling of Segmentation
- Pasting Common Content
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development