Dry mix compositions of refractory aggregates bonded with a suitable bonding material, additive and/or filler are called cement castables. Cement castables are also known as cement castable refractories and are a type of monolithic refractory product.
Being a premix combination of refractory aggregates, bonding agents and additives, varying the proportion of these components results into different desired properties. The performance of cement castables is tested based on its flowability. Superior flowability enables good lining and also makes it possible to employ these castables in intricate equipment shapes. However, better flowing mass can possibly contain particles with higher sphericity causing lower strength. Hence, an optimum mix of components is desired while manufacturing cement castables.
Cement Castables Market: Dynamics
As cement castables are basically monolithic refractories, they take the shape of the equipment and are very cost – effective as compared to shaped refractories. Cement castables are projected to witness fast growth due to their easy availability, affordability and easier installation. Moreover, the iron & steel industry has registered significant growth in recent years. The manufacturing processes have also seen advancements due to the adoption of improved machinery to upgrade the quality and quantity of the steel produced. Growing demand from end-use industries for refractory products with reduced down time are compelling refractory manufacturers, end users and researchers to substitute conventional shaped refractories with unshaped monolithics. This has led to increasing R&D spending on cement castables to investigate their numerous physical, mechanical, thermo-mechanical and chemical properties.
Currently, manufacturers are offering a whole range of low cement Castables, Ultra – Low Cement Castables and No Cement Castables. Furthermore, manufacturers also supply cement castables for custom OEM manufacturers as well as for repair & maintenance purposes. The market is expected to be moderately fragmented with the presence of several large scale producers, such as RHI Magnesita and Vesuvius.
Cement Castables Market: Segmentation
The global cement castables market can be segmented on the basis of calcium oxide content, flow, operating temperature (T), bonding system, sales channel and end use.
On the basis of calcium oxide content, the global market can be segmented into:
- Conventional Cement Castables: CaO content: > 2.5% on calcined basis
- Low Cement Castables (LCC): CaO content: > 1% and ≤ 2.5% on calcined basis
- Ultra – Low Cement Castables (ULCC): CaO content: > 0.2% and ≤ 1.0% on calcined basis
- No Cement Castables (NCC): CaO content: ≤ 0.2% on calcined basis
On the basis of flow, the global market can be segmented into:
- Self – flow Cement Castables (Distribution coefficient < 0.25)
- Vibratable Cement Castables (Distribution coefficient > 0.25)
On the basis of operating temperature (T), the global market can be segmented into:
- T ≤ 1000O C
- 1500O C < T > 1000O C
- T ≥ 1500O C
On the basis of bonding system, the global market can be segmented into:
- Hydraulic Bond
- Chemical Bond
- Polymerization Bond
- Coagulating Bond
- Carbon Bond
- Nano – Engineered Bond
On the basis of sales channel, the global market can be segmented into:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Repair & Maintenance
On the basis of end use, the global market can be segmented into:
- Iron & Steel
- Non – Ferrous Metals
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical & Petrochemical
Cement Castables Market: Regional Outlook
Regionally, the consumption of cement castables is mainly concentrated in Asia Pacific and Europe. The North America steel and cement production is also following an upward trend and hence, potential opportunities for cement castables manufacturers are anticipated in the region over the forecast period. Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to grow at moderate rates. China is expected to be at the forefront in terms of consumption of cement castables owing to the fast-paced industrial growth being witnessed in the country.
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global cement castables market are RHI Magnesita GmbH, Vesuvius plc, Kerneos SA, Resco Products, Inc., Seven Refractories d.o.o., SKG Refractories Ltd., SHREE MAHABIR REFRACTORIES WORKS, Mt. Savage Specialty Refractories Company, Inc., Allied Mineral Products, Vitcas Ltd, M. LUKAS CO. INC., Orane Refractories Pvt. Ltd., DALMIA BHARAT LTD, Refcom (India) Pvt. Ltd. and MAITHAN CERAMIC LIMITED, among others.
The Cement Castables research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Cement Castables market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The Cement Castables research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, basis of calcium oxide content, flow, operating temperature (T), bonding system, sales channel and end use.
The Cement Castables report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Cement Castables Market Segments
- Cement Castables Market Dynamics
- Cement Castables Market Size
- Cement Castables Market Supply & Demand Scenario
- Cement Castables Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Cement Castables Market Competition & Companies Involved
- Cement Castables Technology
- Cement Castables Market Value Chain
Regional Analysis for Cement Castables Market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The Cement Castables report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The Cement Castables report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Cement Castables report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Cement Castables Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Cement Castables market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Cement Castables market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected Cement Castables market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for Cement Castables market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions
We are committed towards customer satisfaction and quality service.