Thinning of bone mass is known as Osteopenia. Osteopenia is considered to be a serious risk factor for osteoporosis. Osteopenia is commonly observed in people aged above 50 who do not have osteoporosis but have average bone density. Smoking and drinking can affect the calcium level in the body, leading to weakening of bones. High salt, caffeine and soda consumption can also lead to osteopenia. Osteopenia treatment is a must for people above the age of 50. Healthy lifestyle plays a very important role in strengthening of bones. Regular exercise and healthy diet improve bone density. Developing healthy habits and osteopenia treatment methods can slow osteopenia and strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis. Osteopenia treatment includes medications, which include bisphosphonate medications, such as ibandronate (Boniva), alendronate (Fosamax), risedronate (Actonel), zoledronate (Reclast) and raloxifene (Evista). Calcium and vitamin D supplements are also a part of osteopenia treatment. According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, women aged 65 years and above & men aged 70 years and above should be tested for osteopenia. Also, adults aged 50 and above with a fractured bone, postmenopausal women, adults taking medication, such as prednisone or other steroids, and prone to medical conditions associated with bone loss, such as rheumatoid arthritis, should be tested for osteopenia. These group of people are at a high risk of developing osteopenia and osteoporosis. All these factors will act as driving factors for the growth of the osteopenia treatment market.
Osteopenia Treatment Market: Drivers and Restraints
The growing aging population is one of the key factors responsible for the growth of osteopenia treatment market. Aging population is always at a high risk of osteopenia as aging causes loss of bone density. Moreover, increasing alcohol consumption is another factor that will drive the growth of the osteopenia treatment market. However, lack of awareness about osteopenia treatment may restraint the growth of the market. Additionally, the high cost of treatment and unavailability of treatments options in developing countries will also hamper the growth of the osteopenia treatment market.
Osteopenia Treatment Market: Segmentation
The global osteopenia treatment market can be segmented on the basis of test, method, end user and geography.
Based on test, the global Osteopenia Treatment market is segmented as:
- Quantitative Computed Tomography (QCT)
- Peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography (pQCT)
- Dual Energy X-ray Absorption (DEXA)
- Peripheral Dual Energy X-ray Absorption (pDXA)
Based on method, the global osteopenia treatment market is segmented as:
Based on end user, the global Osteopenia Treatment market is segmented as:
- Orthopedic Clinics
Osteopenia Treatment Market: Overview
The global market for osteopenia treatment is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period. Increasing the patient pool and unhealthy diet and lifestyle choices are responsible for boosting the osteopenia treatment market. However, the growth of the osteopenia treatment market will be limited by several side-effects caused by calcium and vitamin D supplements, such as muscle weakness, bone pain, lack of energy, etc. Additionally, lack of knowledge regarding osteopenia treatment is another factor further expected to hamper the growth of osteopenia treatment market during the forecast period.
Osteopenia Treatment Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global osteopenia treatment market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and the Middle East & Africa (MEA). North America, followed by Europe, is expected to be the leading market in the global osteopenia treatment market owing to the advanced healthcare spending and infrastructure and increasing treatment coverage by Medicare and Medicaid in the US. The Osteopenia treatment market in Asia Pacific excluding Japan is expected to show significant CAGR growth due to increasing patient pool due to the growing aging population.
Osteopenia Treatment Market: Key Players
The global osteopenia treatment market is highly fragmented. Examples of some of the key players operating in the global osteopenia treatment market are Bayer, Primus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Eurotec Medical Systems s.r.l., GE Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Osteosys Corp., Swissray, DMS Imaging, Medonica Co. Ltd., Demetech AB and others.
The Osteopenia Treatment report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of Osteopenia Treatment market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the Osteopenia Treatment market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development