Gummy Vitamins Market
Gummy Vitamins Market By Product Type (Single Vitamins, Multivitamins, Probiotic Vitamins), By Source Type (Animal-based, Plant-based), By Packaging Type (Bottles & Jars, Stand-up Pouches), By Sales Channel, By Customer Orientation, By Region - Global Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Gummy Vitamins Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Gummy Vitamins Market Outlook (2023-2033)
In 2023, the global gummy vitamins market is expected to account for a valuation of US$ 4.3 billion and further climb to US$ 6.9 billion by the end of 2033. Worldwide demand for gummy vitamins is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 4.8% from 2023 to 2033.
The world has witnessed a notable rise in chronic diseases and health issues among the general population in the past few years and this has led to a heightened focus on health and fitness. This trend is anticipated to significantly improve sales of gummy vitamins over the coming years.
High consumption of junk food, changing lifestyle trends, rising demand for nutritional supplements, increasing disposable income, growing use of gummy vitamins in children, and rising consumer awareness about the benefits of vitamins are some other key factors that govern the consumption of gummy vitamins across the forecast period.
Biotin gummies, prenatal gummies, women’s multivitamin gummies, and vitamin B12 gummies are some of the most popular gummies in the market at present. Rising cases of hair fall and hair loss, increasing awareness for women’s health, growing working women population are also expected to bolster gummy vitamin sales in the long term.
Gummy vitamins and nutraceuticals are anticipated to witness a steady increase in demand from the geriatric population and children owing to their appetizing taste and associated health benefits. Gummy vitamin manufacturers are focusing on expanding their business scope by creating more products for children and aging people.
- In 2021, Nature’s Truth, a United States-based company providing vitamins and other natural health products announced the expansion of its gummy vitamins product portfolio for children to meet increasing demand. The expansion was said to include elderberry gummies, vitamin C gummies, etc. All the new gummies were non-GMO, vegetarian, and gluten-free in nature.
Top companies such as Pfizer Inc., Church & Dwight, Olly, Bayer AG, and Nutranext account for around 25% of the global market share in 2022.
On the flip side, the high costs associated with the production of naturally sourced vitamins and the low availability of raw materials for natural vitamins are expected to have a hindering effect on the overall market growth. Fluctuations in raw material availability have led to an irregular supply of vitamins A, E, and D.
This latest gummy vitamins research survey by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, has a detailed account of all the factors that will affect market development through 2033.
Gummy Vitamins Market Size (2023)
US$ 4.3 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 6.9 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023-2033)
Multivitamins Segment Market Share (2033F)
Gummy Vitamins Market Value (2022)
US$ 4.1 Billion
Germany Market Growth Rate (2023-2033)
Top 5 Companies’ Market Share (2022)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
How are Start-ups Driving the Consumption of Gummy Vitamins?
“New Market Entrants Focusing on Launch of Innovative Products & Raising Capital to Expand their Business”
New gummy vitamin companies are focusing on launching new products targeted toward a specific consumer base to advance their sales potential and drive revenue generation.
- In January 2022, Vegums, a U.K.-based vegan and plant-based lifestyle start-up, announced the launch of plant-based nutrient gummies for the U.S. market. The start-up took this step to capitalize on the growing plant-based product-preferring consumers in the United States, a segment that is anticipated to be highly lucrative in the future.
Aspiring gummy vitamin suppliers are also expanding their business scope by launching new stores to increase the number of products being sold and bolstering their presence in the global industry.
- In July 2021, Power Gummies, an Indian nutraceutical company announced that it would be expanding its product presence in over 1000 stores across India. The organization also announced plans to launch 40 new gummy products to meet the changing consumer demands in the country.
New market players are also raising capital to advance their business scope and gain a competitive edge over other market players.
- In August 2021, Yummygums, a Dutch vitamin start-up founded in 2017 raised US$ 1.26 million in an investment round from Rabobank. The capital was expected to be used for global expansion and the launch of new vitamin-based fruity gummies for consumers.
Where Will Demand for Gummy Vitamins Shine in the North American Region?
“U.S. Projected to Account for Highest Gummy Vitamin Consumption”
The United States accounts for most gummy vitamin sales in the North American region and this trend is expected to be rife over the coming years as well. Growing incidence of chronic diseases has led to an increased focus on health and fitness, which has subsequently resulted in the high consumption of vitamins and nutraceuticals.
Rising demand for natural ingredient supplements, high availability of vitamin gummies, and growing health consciousness among the millennial population are other factors that could potentially favor gummy vitamin consumption in the future.
Why are Gummy Vitamin Shipments to Japan Increasing?
“High Senescent Population Projected to Boost Demand for Gummy Vitamins”
Japan has a huge geriatric population, which is expected to primarily drive demand for dietary supplements and vitamin gummies in the country over the coming years. Changing consumer preferences, rising disposable income, and the growing availability of vitamin gummies are other factors that are anticipated to promulgate gummy vitamin sales throughout the forecast period. Demand for gummy vitamins in Korea is also projected to be driven by similar aspects over the next ten years.
Why Should Gummy Vitamin Suppliers Target Germany?
“Changing Consumer Preferences & Rising Disposable Income”
A high prevalence of chronic disorders in the European region in the past few years has resulted in an increased focus on healthcare and nutrition, which is expected to be a prime prospect that propels gummy vitamin demand in this region. Germany is anticipated to be a highly rewarding market in this region owing to the rising focus on health & nutrition, growing consumption of vitamins by men and women, increasing disposable income, and an increasingly aging population.
- As per the statistics provided by the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 38% of men and 48% of women include vitamin/mineral supplements in their regular diets.
Gummy vitamin consumption in Germany is forecasted to rise at around 6% CAGR throughout the forecast period.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Which Type of Gummy Vitamin Will Account for High Consumption?
“Multivitamin Gummies Anticipated to Account for Highest Demand”
Based on product type, the market for gummy vitamins is segmented into single vitamins, multivitamins, and probiotic vitamins.
Multivitamin gummy sales are anticipated to be the highest over the coming years owing to their all-inclusive nature that allows people to get the required nutrients from one gummy instead of having several dietary supplements. Consumption of multivitamins is estimated to account for more than 50% of the global market share through 2033.
Demand for single vitamin gummies for skin, hair, nails, and the immune system is anticipated to increase across the forecast period as people become more aware of their aesthetic appearance. Rising incidence of gut and digestive disorders is expected to support the consumption of probiotic vitamin gummies in the future.
Prime gummy vitamin vendors are launching new products targeted towards specific consumer groups with more nutrients and benefits than regular vitamins and dietary supplements. Currently, the market is dominated by companies such as Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc., Church & Dwight, and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
- In June 2022, vitafusion, a leading American gummy vitamin company in collaboration with Tiffany Haddish introduced Multi + Immune Support, a 2-in-1 gummy vitamin that acts as a daily multivitamin and also has immune support vitamins. Another gummy vitamin product was also introduced that is targeted toward hair, skin, and nails.
- In July 2022, Mankind Pharma, an Indian pharmaceutical organization announced the launch of its new set of vitamin gummies for children under the brand “Health OK”. The gummies are suitable for kids of age seven to teens of age seventeen and are designed to support normal growth and develop a healthy immune system.
Key Segments of Gummy Vitamins Industry Research
By Product Type :
- Single Vitamins
- Probiotic Vitamins
By Source Type :
- Animal-based Vitamin Gummies
- Plant-based Vitamin Gummies
By Customer Orientation :
By Source Type :
- Bottles & Jars
- Stand-up Pouches
By Sales Channel :
- Direct Sales
- Modern Trade
- Convenience Stores
- Departmental Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Drug Stores/Pharmacies
- Online Retailers
- Other Sales Channels
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
In 2022, worldwide sales of gummy vitamins accounted for a value of US$ 4.1 billion.
By 2033, the market for gummy vitamins is estimated to reach US$ 6.9 billion.
From 2023 to 2033, demand for gummy vitamins is forecasted to rise at 4.8% CAGR.
Nestle SA, Zanon Vitamec Inc., Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc., Herbaland Naturals Inc., and Hero Nutritionals are key manufacturers of gummy vitamins.
Consumption of gummy vitamins in Germany is set to increase at 6% CAGR from 2023 to 2033.