Metal additive manufacturing, also known as metal 3D printing, is defined as the process of manufacturing metal components by laying diverse layers of metal-based materials on the basis of shape of the object. Metal additive manufacturing has gained significant traction in recent times, as it offers unparalleled design freedom, enabling manufacturers to create parts from different materials.
Metal Additive Manufacturing Systems Market - Notable Highlights
Some of the leading companies operating in the metal additive manufacturing systems market include ExOne, EOS, Concept Laser, Renishaw, Markforged, Inc., Stratasys, General Electric, Arcam, SLM Solutions, and Phenix Systems.
- To reinforce the metal additive manufacturing (AM) sector, the global engineering firm, Renishaw, has collaborated with Sandvik Additive Manufacturing. As a part of the tie-up, Renisaw will provide high productivity multi-laser RenAM 500Q systems to Sandvik Additive Manufacturing, which will increase the printing capacity of Sandvik significantly.
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory(LLNL) is developing a commercial-grade, metal additive manufacturing system in collaboration with GE Global Research to develop a platform that could reduce metal processing times in half.
Know More Details About the Report
Growing Adoption of Metal Additive Manufacturing Systems in Aerospace Industry to Bolster Their Sales
Aircraft engine manufacturers are increasingly adopting additive manufacturing to develop engine components with highly complex design capabilities. Metal additive manufacturing significantly reduces the weight of aircraft engines, which has been proliferating the adoption of metal additive manufacturing systems for creating aircraft components.
The wide adoption of metal additive manufacturing systems in aerospace industry can be attributed to the unique functional properties of these systems. Moreover, the rapidly evolving materials, technologies, and computer-aided design (CAD) used in additive manufacturing are augmenting the application of printed parts.
The stakeholders in metal additive manufacturing systems market are increasingly upgrading steel, aluminum, nickel, titanium, and their alloy combinations for additive manufacturing. Furthermore, the metal additive manufacturing systems market is anticipated to proliferate on the back of growing demand for aircraft engines from OEMs.
Stakeholders to Benefit from Increasing Demand for Metal Additive Manufacturing from Automobile Industry
The metal additive manufacturing systems have been gaining significant traction from the automobile industry. The short lead times, availability of new materials, and tailored finishes have been prompting automobile manufacturers to adopt 3D printing processes as an integral part of their production processes.
Metal additive manufacturing enables the Formula One teams, including Williams Martini Racing, Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport, and Scuderia Ferrari, to create stronger and lighter parts within shorter duration as compared to highly time consuming conventional manufacturing procedures and systems.
Automobile manufacturers are increasingly leveraging metal additive manufacturing systems for investment casting, tailored tooling, and prototyping to offer smooth finishing to their offerings.
Metal additive manufacturing is also witnessing traction for the production of numerous automobile parts, including pumps, cooling vents, bumpers, valves, and windbreakers.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Rising R&D Activities Underpinning Gains in Metal Additive Manufacturing Systems Market
The growing innovation and product developments in metal additive manufacturing has the potential to bolster the demand for metal additive manufacturing systems in the forthcoming years. The stakeholders are accelerating their R&D activities to develop cutting-edge metal additive manufacturing systems.
Furthermore, the ever-evolving technology is enabling companies to adopt high-end technology to develop 3D printing, and expand their foothold in the market. For instance, ExOne has recently introduced a new additive manufacturing system, the Innovent+, with better power-handling capabilities and new Ultrasonic recoater design.
With companies’ increasingly integrating innovation in manufacturing processes, the metal additive manufacturing systems market is likely to witness tremendous changes in the forthcoming year.
Metal additive manufacturing systems market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Metal additive manufacturing systems Market Segments
- Metal additive manufacturing systems Market Dynamics
- Metal additive manufacturing systems Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Metal additive manufacturing systems market regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada) metal additive manufacturing systems Market
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru) metal additive manufacturing systems market
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe) metal additive manufacturing systems market
- CIS and Russia metal additive manufacturing systems market
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea) metal additive manufacturing systems Market
- Japan metal additive manufacturing systems market
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel) metal additive manufacturing systems market
The metal additive manufacturing systems market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.
The metal additive manufacturing systems market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with metal additive manufacturing systems market attractiveness as per segments.
The metal additive manufacturing systems market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on metal additive manufacturing systems market segments and geographies.
Metal additive manufacturing systems Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of metal additive manufacturing systems market key players and Products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Have a report related query? Speak to us directly
Segmentation- Metal Additive Manufacturing Systems Market
Metal Additive Manufacturing Systems Market Based on Application:
- Tools and mold
Metal Additive Manufacturing Systems Market Based on Type:
- Powder bed fusion
- Sheet lamination
- Directed energy deposition
- Binder jetting
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the metal additive manufacturing systems market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, and historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The metal additive manufacturing systems market research report provides analysis and information according to metal additive manufacturing systems market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
The Rise of Intelligent Packaging
Personalized, Connected and Sustainable
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.