- Global window blinds market recorded a value CAGR of over 3.0% during the period, 2013 to 2017. Growing focus on using ecofriendly fabrics to reduce their environmental footprint and attract a wider customer base, has underpinned growth of the window blinds industry.
- Worldwide sales of window blinds closed in on revenues worth US$ 2,300 Mn in 2018, and are estimated to register a Y-o-Y growth at over 5.0% in 2019.
- Europe will continue to retain its leading position in the window blinds market, with revenues in 2018 estimated at nearly US$ 800 Mn. Window blinds sales in the region remain driven by introduction of innovative products, such as smart blinds and automatically operated blinds. Growing number of smart home projects in the region are also expected to complement sales of window blinds.
- South Asia is likely to remain the high-growth market for window blinds.
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Window Blinds Market?
- Aging infrastructure in developed markets such as Europe and North America has meant that, home renovation and improvement activities have surged in the recent past. This has further led the demand for various window treatment solutions, thereby impacting sales of window blinds.
- Developing economies are witnessing a notable rise in new construction activities, particularly in the residential sector, amid improving economic conditions. Prospects of the window blinds market in these nations will remain promising, upheld by growing willingness of homeowners in remodeling activities.
- Growing popularity and adoption of home automation systems has remarkably rubbed off on advancements in window covering solutions. Motorized window blinds and electronically-operated blinds are the key examples of such developments entailed by the rise in home automation, which are likely to fuel future growth of the market.
- Emergence of energy-efficient window blinds that facilitate adjustments in the light intensity, and aid in balancing the room temperature, is likely to remain a key growth influencer of the window blinds market.
- Opportunities are imminent in the window blinds market, as manufacturers shift their focus toward using eco-friendly, recyclable, and sustainable materials, such as jute, bamboo, and reeds that are PVC-free.
Know More Details About the Report
What are the Key Challenges Faced by Stakeholders in Window Blinds Market?
- High cost of window blinds, attributed to the prices of raw materials and associated marketing, remains a longstanding challenge to be addressed by the market players. Expensive nature of window blinds are further leading consumers to adopt more economical alternatives.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has associated various hazards with manually-operated window blinds, which in turn have abated their adoption in the recent past. As economic nature of manually-operated variants have retained their supremacy in the window blinds market, these threats highlighted by the CPSC may pose a negative influence on future expansion of the market.
Window Blinds Market – Competitive Landscape
- In March 2019, Spring Window Fashions introduced ‘SolarTrac 4.0’, a technologically advanced automated window shading control system, under the brand Mecho®. The new system is designed to maximize occupant comfort and building performance through daylight management.
- In November 2018, Hunter Douglas – a leading player in the window blinds market – launched ‘Duette® LightLock™ System’, a revolutionary blackout technology designed to prevent light leakage at the window and create a complete blackout for consumers. Overall revenues of the company closed in on more than US$ 3 billion in 2018.
- Budget Blinds launched the world’s first custom fabric design program in November 2018. The initiative is qualified as the most advanced, personalized design offering in the home products space. Budget Blinds’ new custom fabric design is available through the company’s 1,100 franchises in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and allows customers to select from over 9,000 combinations of fabric, color, and pattern.
- In October 2018, JASNO Shutters B.V. announced the addition of a new material to its swings collection, making them suitable for an even wider range of interior designs. Founded in 2001, the company offers a range of window coverings, shutters, blinds, vertical blinds, roman blinds, and more.
- Founded in 1954, Blinds To Go Inc. is headquartered in Paramus, New Jersey. The company manufactures and retails a range of blinds and shades, and currently operates more than 80 superstores throughout the eastern U.S and Canada.
Ching Feng Home Fashions Co, 3 Day Blinds LLC, Rainbow Blinds, Innovative Openings Inc., Aluvert Blinds, Stevens (Scotland) Limited, Next Day Blinds Corporation, Canadian Blinds Manufacturing Inc., Stoneside LLC, Elite Window Fashions, and Advanced Window Products, Inc. are also among the leading players in window blinds market.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Roll up Blinds to Remain the Preferred Product
The study finds that roll up blinds will remain the top-selling category of window blinds, upheld by its rising popularity as a space-efficient way of covering windows. Increasing number of home renovation activities, along with the rising emphasis of homeowners to improve aesthetics, continues to complement demand for roll up blinds.
According to the study, the roll up blinds account for approximately two-fifth volume share of the market. Another key aspect driving sales of roll up blinds is the advent and adoption of patterned products.
The study finds that demand for window blinds will remain robust in the residential sector, accounting for over 50% sales. With an uptick in growth of the affordable housing sector, along with rising home improvement and renovation activities vis-à-vis aging infrastructure in developed markets, it is highly likely that the residential sector will continue to account for greater adoption of window blinds in the foreseeable future.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
The Fact.MR report on window blinds market offers exhaustive insights and industry-best intelligence of the global market. A unique methodology and holistic approach are adapted to carry out a thorough analysis on growth of window blinds market for the 2018-2028 period.
To acquire detailed information regarding historical and current growth parameters of the window blinds market, an in-depth secondary research followed by primary research has been conducted. The secondary phase involves studying trade journals, press releases, company annual reports, paid resources, and other publications, while industry and market experts were interviewed as a part of the primary research.
Have a report related query? Speak to us directly
A recently released Fact.MR report on window blinds market offers an elaborate and a long-term forecast for the period, 2018-2028. Numerous dynamics influencing the window blinds are identified and their degree of impact has been assessed and covered in the report.
Further, the report details both qualitative and quantitative analysis of the macroeconomic and industry-specific factors impacting window blinds market growth. The Fact.MR report also provides detailed insights into the competitive landscape of window blinds market to direct its readers towards implementing and devising well-informed decisions.
Chapter 1 - Executive Summary
The report commences with an executive summary that provides multiple nodes and antinodes in the window blinds market including market snapshot, view-points of analysts, key market characteristics, opportunity assessment, and latest trends.
Chapter 2 – Overview
Current scenario of the window blinds market has been analyzed and briefly introduced in this chapter followed by a concrete definition of the targeted product – window blinds. Various segments identified in the global market of window blinds have been represented in the form of a taxonomy table.
Chapter 3 - Key Market Trends
The chapter focuses on various key trends shaping current outlook of the global window blinds market. Some of the trends include adoption of cellular blinds and shades among households, growing demand for woven blinds for its simplistic nature, and emergence of real wood and faux wood blinds in the luxurious space.
Chapter 4 - Key Success Factors
Under the chapter, the report includes a snapshot of global construction industry and its relevant impact on the growth of window blinds market. Investment feasibility matrix and product life cycle assessment have also been provided in this chapter.
Chapter 5 - Market Background
An overview of the market is detailed in the chapter along with various sections focusing on smart home market outlook and green/LEED buildings outlook. In addition to value chain analysis and PESTE analysis, the chapter cover various drivers, restraints, and recent trends of the window blinds market.
Chapter 6 - Pricing Analysis
The chapter offers a global pricing analysis of the window blinds market including average price of each product and average pricing breakup. The average price of all the product types has also been analyzed across seven key regions.
Chapter 7 - Global Window Blinds Market Analysis and Forecast
The chapter covers a thorough analysis and forecast of the window blinds market for the historical period (2013-2017) and the forecast period (2018-2028). The report has categorized the window blinds market into five key segments which include product type, window pan operation, application, sales channel, and region. Revenue, market share, and Y-o-Y growth comparison of all these segments have been included in the chapter.
Chapter 8 - North America Window Blinds Market Analysis and Forecast
The chapter offers the key opportunities and challenges in the window blinds market in North America. It also includes insights into the market scenario in each country of North America.
Chapter 9 - Latin America Window Blinds Market Analysis and Forecast
The chapter details an accurate forecast of the window blinds market in Latin America, and provides detailed information of regional market. Key countries analyzed in the Latin America window blinds market include Argentina, Brazil, and rest of Latin America.
Chapter 10 - Europe Window Blinds Market Analysis and Forecast
The chapter covers an elaborate insights into the factors influencing the growth of window blinds market in Europe. It also includes market share analysis on the basis of country, product type, window pan operation, application, and sales channel.
Chapter 11 - East Asia Window Blinds Market Analysis and Forecast
In this chapter, the report focuses on the novel developments and opportunities in the East Asia window blinds market. Comprehensive insights into market performance in different countries across the region are also provided in the chapter.
Chapter 12 - South Asia Window Blinds Market Analysis and Forecast
The chapter provides drivers, latest trends, and challenges of the window blinds market in South Asia. Country-wise analysis of all the key countries in the region along with current and future scenario of the window blinds market in these countries have been detailed.
Chapter 13 - Oceania Window Blinds Market Analysis and Forecast
The chapter focuses on important factors influencing the growth of the window blinds market in Oceania. Market value proportion analysis, pricing analysis, and detailed insights into performance of all market segments in the region have been included in this chapter.
Chapter 14 - Middle East & Africa Window Blinds Market Analysis and Forecast
The chapter provides comprehensive insights into the window blinds market in the Middle East & Africa (MEA) including key drivers, recent trends, opportunities, and challenges in the region. It also offers current scenario of the window blinds market in various countries across MEA.
Chapter 15 - Emerging Countries Window Blinds Market Analysis and Forecast
Under the chapter, the report focuses on various factors impacting the growth of the window blinds market in emerging countries such as China, India, and Mexico. Market share analysis and all-inclusive insights on performance of all important market segments in these countries have been provided in this chapter.
Chapter 16 - Competitive Analysis
The chapter offers a dashboard view of the competition analysis of leading players in window blinds market, along with their regional footprint.
Chapter 17 – Competition Deep Dive
Under the chapter, the report covers an extensive analysis on the competitive landscape of the window blinds market. It offers company description, product offerings, key financials, strategies, and regional presence of each key player in the window blinds market.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.