- The alkyl polyglucoside market registered a CAGR of over 7% during 2014 to 2018. Growth of the alkyl polyglucoside industry has been underpinned by stringent regulations by authorities such as CEFIC and ECHA regarding environment hazards of inorganic surfactants, along with the growing trend of green surfactants.
- The alkyl polyglucoside market is estimated to surpass revenues worth US$ 1,100 Mn in 2019, and register a Y-o-Y growth at over 8% in 2020.
- Europe remains the leading market for alkyl polyglucoside, owing to robust adoption of this bio-based surfactant in light of the product’s relatively low toxicity, which further complies with regulations of the regional enforcement authorities, such as REACH, ECHA and EEA.
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to be the high-growth market for alkyl polyglucoside, propelled by growing need for agrochemical formulations, where these surfactants play a vital role.
What are key Growth Drivers of the Alkyl Polyglucoside Market?
- Widespread traction of sugar surfactants, in light of their non-toxic and eco-friendly nature, has broadened the scope of alkyl polyglucoside market growth. Sugar surfactants are devoid of incompatibility issues and limitations in terms of aesthetics, foam quality, stability, and shelf-life, faced with bio-surfactants.
- Alkyl polyglucoside continues to gain popularity as an effective enhanced oil recovery (EOR) agent, in light of its phase behavior and lower interfacial tensions (IFT) – an imperative property sought in oilfield EOR applications.
- Constant search for surfactants based on renewable materials is likely to favor alkyl polyglucoside sales, despite their limited penetration into the market owing to low production flexibility and scalability.
- The upward trend of green, bio-degradable surfactants has significantly revved up the adoption of alkyl polyglucoside, owing to its higher wetting and dispersing attributes, along with unmatched stability and solubility.
- Shampoo formulations remain a key application area of alkyl polyglucoside, as its improved cleansing and foaming properties enable better removal of solid contaminants. Leading personal care product manufacturers have been opting for alkyl polyglucoside, to save on manufacturing costs and offer higher value products.
What are Key Challenges Faced by Alkyl Polyglucoside Market Players?
- Introduction of alternative materials that serve as effective natural surfactants, has posed a negative impact on alkyl polyglucoside sales. These alternatives have been deemed to be highly compatible to skin, sustainable, and offer enhanced mildness, thereby gaining popularity as efficient bio-based surfactants, and limiting adoption of alkyl polyglucoside.
- Presence of counterfeit substitutes and lower consumer awareness regarding these, particularly in developing countries, will continue to remain a key concern among players in the alkyl polyglucoside market. Additionally, greater handling costs associated with alkyl polyglucoside will impede their development and demand to a certain extent.
Alkyl Polyglucoside Market – Competitive Landscape
- LG Household & Healthcare Ltd., has been a leading cosmetics, beverage, and household goods company. The company has taken significant efforts in developmental activities linked with alkyl polyglucoside in recent years. Apart from surfactants, key offerings of the company include hair care products, face and body care products, laundry care products, and others, wherein surfactants such as alkyl polyglucoside find wide applications.
- The Dow Chemical Company is one of the prominent manufacturers of chemical materials. Key offerings of the company include coatings & performance monomers, surfactants, standalone silicone materials, polyurethane systems, and acrylic emulsions. A key alkyl polyglucoside produced by The Dow Chemical Company is ‘TRITON™ BG-10 Surfactant,’ which is non-ionic, produces moderate to high stable foams, and can be used in various applications ranging from detergents and metal cleaners, to glass cleaners and personal care products.
- BASF SE operates as one of the renowned chemical company worldwide, through six key segments, namely, agricultural solutions, nutrition & care, surface technologies, industrial solutions, materials and chemicals. BASF SE has also contributed significantly in the development of various bio-based surfactants such as alkyl polyglucoside. Headquartered in Germany, BASF SE continues to remain a leading players in the alkyl polyglucoside market.
- Headquartered at the United Kingdom, Croda International PLC produces and sells the specialty chemicals in Latin America, Asia, North America, the Middle East & Africa, and Europe. Personal care, industrial chemicals, life sciences and performance technologies are key segments through which the company operates. Diversaclean™ CS is a stable surfactant blend developed by Croda, which delivers excellent wetting and cleaning performance of non-ionics, along with green profile and alkaline stability of sugar-based alkyl polyglucoside.
The study finds that the alkyl polyglucoside market will continue to remain a consolidated landscape in developed economies, and fragmented in developing nations, particularly in APEJ. Key players operating in the alkyl polyglucoside market include Galaxy Surfactants, Shanghai Fine Chemical Co Ltd, Pilot Chemical Company, SEPPIC S.A, LG Household & Healthcare, Nouryon, Huntsman Corporation, Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, and Croda International PLC.
Capryl Remains the Preferred Category
Capryl has been the most effective among alkyl polyglucoside variants, as it is obtained through condensed mixture of decyl & caprylic alcohols with glucose, which are derived from plants. Capryl has already witnessed a robust market penetration as an effective solubilizing agent in the production of fragrances and essential oils, as well as the cationic surfactants. According to the study, sales of capryl are estimated to close in on US$ 320 Mn in 2019, and register a Y-o-Y growth at over 5% in 2020. The study further opines that decyl and lauryl will also remain lucrative categories in the alkyl polyglucoside market, collectively accounting for over 40% sales.
Insights and forecast of the alkyl polyglucoside market offered in this report are backed by a robust, proprietary research methodology that involves comprehensive secondary and primary researches. Intelligence derived from the primary interviews have been used for validating the information obtained from the secondary researches, and the data compiled has further been validated by our in-house industry experts. This report serves as an authentic resource for businesses in the alkyl polyglucoside market in making factual decisions for future growth of their businesses.
This Fact.MR report offers an all-inclusive assessment of the alkyl polyglucoside market, along with a long-term forecast for the period between 2019 and 2029. Imperative dynamics of the alkyl polyglucoside market have been analyzed, along with micro- and macro-economic aspects impacting the market growth. Key trends influencing alkyl polyglucoside sales have also been highlighted in the study.
Chapter 1 – Executive Summary
The report commences with an executive summary, wherein a concise of key finds and key statistics have been included, along with the analysis on demand and supply side trends in the alkyl polyglucoside market. An opportunity assessment for the alkyl polyglucoside industry players has also been offered in this chapter.
Chapter 2 – Introduction
The succeeding chapter of the report offers a concise introduction to the alkyl polyglucoside market, including key dynamics and trends that have a significant impact on growth of the alkyl polyglucoside market.
Chapter 3 – Overview
The second chapter gives an overview of the alkyl polyglucoside market, which involves a concise assessment of the market’s landscape, along with an accurate definition of ‘alkyl polyglucoside’. A taxonomy table included in this chapter methodically highlights key segments identified in the report.
Chapter 4 – Alkyl Polyglucoside Market Analysis & Forecast
The report then proceeds with an exhaustive analysis and forecast of the alkyl polyglucoside market. A segmental assessment has been offered on the alkyl polyglucoside market, based on the product type, application, primary function, and region.
Chapter 5 – North America Alkyl Polyglucoside Market
The 5th chapter of the report offers an all-inclusive study of the alkyl polyglucoside market in North America. Country level analysis on the North America alkyl polyglucoside market include, the US and Canada. Assessment on key segments in the North America alkyl polyglucoside market has also been offered in this chapter.
Chapter 6 - Latin America Alkyl Polyglucoside Market
This chapter offers an exhaustive assessment on the alkyl polyglucoside market in Latin America, along with a country-level analysis including Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and Rest of Latin America.
Chapter 7 – Europe Alkyl Polyglucoside Market
This chapter offers an in-depth study of the alkyl polyglucoside market in Europe. Assessment of prospects regarding the market segments has been delivered for key regional countries including EU-4, the U.K., BENELUX, Nordics, Eastern Europe and Rest of Europe
Chapter 8 – APEJ Alkyl Polyglucoside Market
The alkyl polyglucoside market in Asia-Pacific excluding Japan has been analyzed in this chapter. Key countries assessed under the APEJ alkyl polyglucoside market include Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN Countries, South Korea, India, and Greater China.
Chapter 9 - Japan Alkyl Polyglucoside Market
This chapter offers analysis of the alkyl polyglucoside market in Japan, and covers important market numbers such as volume and revenue, market share, and Y-o-Y growth of the market in the country.
Chapter 10 – MEA Alkyl Polyglucoside Market
This chapter offers an all-inclusive study of the alkyl polyglucoside market in the Middle East & Africa (MEA). Country level analysis on the MEA alkyl polyglucoside market include, GCC countries, North Africa, South Africa, Turkey and Rest of the MEA. Assessment on key segments in the MEA alkyl polyglucoside market has also been offered in this chapter.
Chapter 11 – Competition Landscape, Company Share, and Company Profiles
This concluding chapter of the report offers a brief analysis on the alkyl polyglucoside market’s competitive landscape, wherein most significant players have been identified and profiled. A dashboard view of these players has been offered, and occupancy of the profiled players across regions has been tracked and systematically represented with the aid of an intensity map.
The report also offers an extensive assessment of the market players in terms of their company portfolio, product portfolio, and company share at regional as well as global level. Key players operating in the alkyl polyglucoside market, as profiled in the report, include Croda International PLC, BASF SE, Dow Chemical Company, Huntsman Corporation, Nouryon, LG Household & Healthcare, SEPPIC S.A, Pilot Chemical Company, Shanghai Fine Chemical Co Ltd, and Galaxy Surfactants.
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions
We are committed towards customer satisfaction and quality service.