Home Infusion Therapy Market
Home Infusion Therapy Market Analysis By Product (Infusion Pumps, Intravenous Sets, IV Cannulas, Needless Connectors), By Application (Anti-infective, Endocrinology, Hydration Therapy, Chemotherapy, Parenteral Nutrition), By Region - Global Insights 2022 to 2032
Home Infusion Therapy Market Outlook
Newly-released Home Infusion Therapy industry analysis report by Fact.MR shows that global sales of Home Infusion Therapy in 2021 was held at US$ 31 Bn. With 8.6%, the projected market growth during 2022 - 2032 is expected to be significantly higher than the historical growth. Infusion Pumps is expected to be the highest revenue-generating product, accounting for an absolute dollar opportunity of nearly US$ 301 Bn during 2022 – 2032.
Key Points Covered in Home Infusion Therapy Industry Survey:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2032)
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Market Share Analysis
- COVID-19 Impact on Home Infusion Therapy and How to Navigate
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
How is Revenue generated from Home Infusion Therapy from 2017 to 2021 Compared to Demand Outlook for 2022 to 2032
As per the Home Infusion Therapy industry research by Fact.MR - a market research and competitive intelligence provider, historically, from 2017 to 2021, market value of the Home Infusion Therapy industry increased at around 7.6% CAGR.
The availability and capabilities of care professionals, professional education, transparency about the quality of care, and remote patient management, the innovation in technology in intravenous devices, as well as the increased prevalence of chronic illnesses, are projected to propel the market forward. Owing to this, Home Infusion Therapy market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% over the coming 10 years.
- The Home Infusion Therapy market reached a valuation of US$ 31 Bn in 2021 owing to which worldwide revenues was up 7.9% year-over-year. Fact.MR estimates that Home Infusion Therapy revenue will grow 2.4X from 2022 to 2031, reaching nearly US$ 76 Bn in 2032.
- Home Infusion Therapy revenue through Infusion Pump will account for over 51% share, owing to the rising prevalence of chronic illnesses, rapid rise of the elderly population, and the growing number of surgical procedures conducted throughout the globe.
- Infusion Pumps and Intravenous Sets are together expected to account for nearly 4/5th of the Home Infusion Therapy revenue by 2032.
What Factors are propelling the growth of Home Infusion Market?
Continuous advancements in home infusion therapy, including the availability of care workers, remote patient management and transparency about the quality of care, has been assisting the industry growth ahead.
Rapid technical improvements in intravenous equipment, as well as favourable government laws for older people, have boosted demand for home infusion therapy devices, which has had a substantial influence on market growth. Furthermore, the rising incidence of chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease, orthopaedic disease, diabetes, and cancer, among others, is expected to boost the market ahead.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Which Region is projected to Offer the Largest Opportunity for Home Infusion Therapy?
North America dominated the market in 2021, with a revenue share of over 40%, and this trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing R&D in the region as well as greater utilisation of new infusion pump technology. Increased demand for long-term therapy for people with certain conditions is driving the regional market. The development of alternative healthcare venues and home infusion services, as well as a movement in preference from acute care to home care settings due to reduced costs and more patient mobility, will propel this industry forward in the future years.
Which Country Maintains the Frontrunner Position in Home Infusion Therapy Market?
The increased need for infusion therapies in the U.S. has resulted in its global dominance in the market. The provision of patient care outside of medical settings has grown considerably in the U.S. The country's elderly population contributes significantly to this trend. Healthcare organizations in the country are gradually switching the patient care to homecare settings in order to save money and resources. Public health officials in the U.S. have launched a variety of campaigns to promote awareness about homecare. Due to a variety of payment schemes for medical equipment, the home infusion therapy industry in the country has grown in leaps and bounds.
The increased acceptance of non-hospital operations, as well as a huge base of geriatric customers who require infusion therapies on a regular basis, are further driving demand for home infusion therapy equipment in the U.S.
Interested to Procure The Data
Why Infusion Pumps is Gaining the Utmost Traction among Various Home Infusion Therapy Services?
Due to the multiple benefits they offer in intravenous therapy, infusion pumps accounted for more than half of the home infusion therapy market share in 2021, with a market value of US$ 16.5 Bn. Infusion pumps provide fluids, such as nutrients or medications to a patient's body in a regulated manner. They can be used to treat a number of chronic conditions, including insulin pumps, implanted pumps, and mobile chemotherapy pumps.
Companies in the market are also focusing on developing breakthrough portable and innovative infusion pumps that are essential for medical and therapeutic treatments. Other factors, such as the increasing prevalence of chronic illnesses, the ageing population, and affordable pricing, are likely to drive the growth of this segment forward.
How Has COVID-19 Impacted Revenue Generation from Home Infusion Therapy?
The Covid-19 pandemic benefited the home infusion market since the method of home infusion was in high demand because to the overcrowding of healthcare institutions with Covid patients. The regional and national lockdowns had a significant impact on operations and supply chains, however, the market developed dramatically in 2020. According to Medtech Dive, Baxter reported third-quarter sales of US$ 2.97 Bn in October 2020, up 4% from the previous year, owing to higher demand for COVID-related medical equipment. In addition, Baxter reported a 6% rise in operating revenue equated to US$ 3.2 Bn in Q3 2021, compared to US$ 3 Bn in Q3 2020, demonstrating the pandemic recovery's continued impact.
CVS/Coram, Option Care Health, BriovaRx/Diplomat (UnitedHealth Optum), PharMerica, Fresenius Kabi, ICU Medical, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter, BD, Caesarea Medical Electronics, Smiths Medical, Terumo Corporation, JMS Co. Ltd. are some of the key players in the global home infusion therapy market. One of the key factors boosting industry rivalry among market rivals is the rapid use of contemporary healthcare technologies for improved healthcare services. To retain market share and broaden their product range, significant players commonly adopt techniques such as mergers, acquisitions, and new product releases.
Some of the recent developments of key Home Infusion Therapy providers are as follows:
- In May 2021, Smiths Medical and Ivenix, Inc. announced a partnership to deliver a comprehensive range of infusion management solutions to the U.S. market. The goal of this partnership is to enhance infusion administration and patient safety.
- In March 2021, PromptCare purchased NBN Infusions, Inc, a home infusion and respiratory treatment service provider located in New Jersey. NBN Infusions, Inc. specialises in providing infusion treatment to critically ill patients. PromptCare will gain market share in the Northeastern United States as a result of this transaction.
- In December 2021, Baxter International announced the purchase of Hillrom. It will help the firm extend its global reach while also integrating medical device innovations to improve patient care, save costs, and streamline operations.
- In February 2020, Avoset created a homecare system, AvosetGO, an infusion pump device with embedded touch displays that can be connected and monitored via smart devices.
- In March 2021 Terumo and Glooko, a company that creates remote patient monitoring software and mobile apps, formed a technical agreement to provide diabetes data solutions throughout the world. As a result of the collaboration, data from Terumo's diabetes care devices will be linked into Glooko's diabetic data management platform, Diasend.
- In May 2020, the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration awarded the Evo IQ Syringe Infusion System CE marking and marketing approval.
Similarly, recent developments related to companies offering Home Infusion Therapy have been tracked by the team at Fact.MR, which are available in the full report.
Home Infusion Therapy Market Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
US$ Bn for Value
Key Regions Covered
Key Countries Covered
Key Market Segments Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Available upon Request
Market Segments Covered in Home Infusion Therapy Industry Analysis
By Product Type :
- Infusion Pumps
- Other Infusion Pumps
- Intravenous Sets
- IV Cannulas
- Needless Connectors
- Infusion Pumps
By Application Type :
- Hydration Therapy
- Enteral Nutrition
- Parenteral Nutrition
- Specialty Pharmaceuticals
- Other Applications
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
The volumetric arc therapy market is estimated at USD 5.7 Bn in 2022 & is forecast to surpass USD 10...
Cannabinoid Therapy Market research report covers detailed information on Global Cannabinoid Therapy...
Complementary Therapy Devices Market research report covers detailed information on Global Complemen...