Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) Market
Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) Market Analysis By Cell Type (Vascular Cells, Cardiac Cells, Neuronal Cells, Liver Cells, Immune Cells), By Research Method (Cellular Reprogramming, Cell Culture, Cell Differentiation, Cell Analysis, Cellular Engineering), By Application (Drug Development & Toxicology Testing, Academic Research, Regenerative Medicine) and Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
According to this detailed study by Fact.MR, the global induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) market is placed at US$ 1.96 billion in 2023 and is predicted to reach a valuation of US$ 4.6 billion by 2033-end. Over the next ten years, the market is forecasted to expand at an impressive 8.9% CAGR.
Investments in healthcare research and development have substantially increased over the past few years, and this trend is expected to prominently augment sales of induced pluripotent stem cells through 2033. The increasing scope of application of human iPSC cell lines in precision medicine and the rising focus on therapeutic applications of stem cells are expected to be major factors driving induced pluripotent stem cell market growth.
Rising government spending and increasing awareness about stem cell research across organizations are also predicted to positively influence demand for induced pluripotent stem cells. Surge in the incidence of chronic diseases and the use of stem cells in their treatment is also projected to favor iPSC market growth in the long run.
Biotechnology and tissue engineering companies are investing in research and development activities to widen the scope of application of induced pluripotent stem cells and create new stem cell therapies to treat different disorders.
- Stemson Therapeutics, a United States-based company founded in 2018, is focusing on developing a stem cell therapy to regenerate hair follicles and help people with hair loss. The company uses induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) for disorders such as androgenic alopecia, chemotherapy-induced alopecia, etc.
Contrastingly, high costs associated with stem cell research and the longer time taken to develop and deploy induced pluripotent stem cells are expected to have a hindering effect on the global iPSC market. Moreover, ethical concerns regarding stem cell research and therapies are also expected to have a constraining effect on global induced pluripotent stem cell demand.
Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Market Size (2023)
US$ 1.96 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 4.6 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Canada Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Leading Regional Market (2023)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
How Can iPSC Start-ups Change the World for Better?
“Treatment of Chronic Diseases through Stem Cell Therapies – Prime Focus of New Companies”
New induced pluripotent stem cell providers are focusing on treating various chronic disorders such as type 2 diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disorders, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, etc.
- Cellcolabs, a cell culture start-up founded in 2021 and based in Stockholm, is focusing on producing stem cells on an industrial scale. The company aims to ultimately create affordable stem cell therapies through this approach and remove the complexities of the current stem cell therapies.
- GoodCell, a new company based in Massachusetts, United States, allows people to bank their white blood cells that can potentially become stem cells. The blood cells can be extracted via a simple blood draw procedure and can be later tweaked by labs to make them induced pluripotent stem cells or iPSCs.
Incoming induced pluripotent stem cell suppliers are also focusing on raising new capital to fund their R&D efforts and compete with established market players.
- In December 2022, Aspen Neuroscience Inc., a private biotechnology company founded in 2018, announced that it had signed a US$ 40 million debt deal with the Silicon Valley Bank following the recent closure of its Series B financing at US$ 147.5 million.
- In September 2021, Treefrog Therapeutics, a start-up based in France focused on developing affordable stem cell therapies, announced that it had raised US$ 70.2 million in a Series B funding round led by Bpifrance Large Venture and participation from other investors. The company intended to use the freshly raised capital to deploy biomimetic C-StemTM technology for clinical-grade manufacturing.
Start-ups involved in drug development can benefit by learning more about aspects such as local supply, pricing trends, product standards, safety regulations, and new developments that have been discussed extensively in this induced pluripotent stem cell market study by skilled analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Which Asian Countries Should Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Companies Target?
“Japan, Singapore, China - Investment-worthy Markets in the Region”
Spending on healthcare R&D has been increasing in almost all Asian countries owing to the surging prevalence of chronic diseases and frequent outbreaks of infectious diseases. Increasing awareness regarding the benefits associated with stem cell treatments and the growing popularity of regenerative medicine are other prospects that could potentially boost demand for induced pluripotent stem cells over the coming years.
Japan and China are estimated to emerge as highly opportune markets in the APAC region as governments in these countries focus on advancing their healthcare infrastructure and supporting the development of novel therapies.
- In 2020, I Peace, a biotechnology company focused on induced pluripotent stem cell technology and therapies launched its personalized iPSC banking service in Japan. The company collaborated with I'rom Group Co. Ltd. to make its service available to people all across Japan.
Why Should Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Companies Focus On the United States?
“Increasing Support from Government to Aid Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Vendors”
The United States is anticipated to emerge as a highly rewarding market for induced pluripotent stem cell suppliers over the next ten years owing to high research and development activity in the healthcare sector.
Stem cell therapy providers are expected to target the United States to generate high revenue as the government in the country is funding stem cell research and the availability of stem cell therapies is increasing rapidly. Embryonic stem cells, neural stem cells, umbilical cord stem cells, etc. are anticipated to see high demand in the United States owing to the rising number of people opting for stem cell therapies.
What Makes European Countries Lucrative Markets for iPSC Providers?
“Rising Demand for Personalized Medicine and Regenerative Medicine”
European countries have been witnessing a steady hike in the incidence of several diseases and this has resulted in high demand for novel treatments and pushed healthcare companies to develop unique treatments such as personalized and regenerative medicine. The growing use of stem cell research in the development of personalized and regenerative medicine is projected to create new opportunities for induced pluripotent stem cell differentiation companies in Europe.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
How is Demand for Cardiac Cells Shaping Up?
“Increasing Scope of Application of Cardiac Cells to Be Witnessed”
Instances of cardiovascular diseases have risen substantially over the past few years and are expected to follow a similar trend over the coming years. Demand for human-induced pluripotent stem cell cardiomyocytes is expected to increase as their scope of application in cardiotoxicity testing and other processes rises in the medical industry. Adult stem cells are mostly used for cardiac applications.
Will Demand for Neural Stem Cells Gain Traction Over the Coming Years?
“Increasing Incidence of Neural Disorders and Rising Use of Stem Cell Therapy”
The world has witnessed an increase in the incidence of neurological disorders and the demand for novel treatments for the same is also high. Stem cell therapies have proven to be helpful in the regeneration of new cells which could provide better treatment opportunities and hence neural stem cells are anticipated to see high demand through 2033.
Increasing demand for the use of neural stem cells in the treatment of disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s is expected to be a prominent trend over the coming years.
Induced pluripotent stem cell suppliers are increasing their investments in research and development to advance their offerings in stem cell therapies, which are gaining popularity for the treatment of multiple chronic diseases.
- In April 2022, TreeFrog Therapeutics, a biotechnology firm focused on making affordable stem cell therapies, announced the launch of a grant worth US$ 100,000. The Stem Cell SpaceShot Grant will be open to PhD-level scientists and students to advance stem cell biology research and promote scientific discoveries.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) Industry Research
By Cell Type :
- Vascular Cells
- Cardiac Cells
- Neuronal Cells
- Liver Cells
- Immune Cells
- Other Cell Types
By Research Method :
- Cellular Reprogramming
- Cell Culture
- Cell Differentiation
- Cell Analysis
- Cellular Engineering
- Other Research Methods
By Application :
- Drug Development & Toxicology Testing
- Academic Research
- Regenerative Medicine
- Other Applications
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global induced pluripotent stem cell market is valued at US$ 1.96 billion in 2023.
By 2033-end, induced pluripotent stem cell sales are projected to reach US$ 4.6 billion.
From 2023 to 2033, revenue from induced pluripotent stem cells is predicted to rise at a robust 8.9% CAGR.
iPSCs are projected to be widely used in regenerative medicine applications.
Demand for induced pluripotent stem cell-based therapies is forecasted to be the highest in North America.
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics Inc., Axol Bioscience Ltd., ViaCyte Inc., Takara Bio Inc., and Cynata Therapeutics Limited are key market players.