Cell damage occurs when stress is experienced by cells due to external or internal environmental changes. Most studied damage and repair mechanisms are observed in DNA and cell membrane. When a cell is damaged, the body tries to retain its normal functioning by repairing the cell. Cell damage occurs due to cell injury, which can be classified as exogenous or endogenous. Exogenous cell injuries happen when external environmental factors affect cell functioning while endogenous cell injuries happen due to internal factors. Cell injury can be reversible or irreversible. When cells damage the body’s repair mechanism, the cell must be removed and replaced with another functioning cell or connective tissue, which gives structural support to other present functioning cells. Apoptosis or Necrosis can be the reason for cell death. Basically, when the cell is unable to repair itself due to severity of injury, cell death occurs. Heat, radiations or lack of glucose or oxygen are the one of reasons that may cause cell damage.
Cell Damage & Repair Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing technological advancements in tissue engineering and application in therapeutic and oncology research will boost the growth of the cell damage & repair market during the forecast period. In search of more effective therapeutic solutions an intense research study of cancerous and non-cancerous cells has been carried out. However, high cost of cell or tissue repair methods might hamper the cell damage & repair market during the forecast period.
Cell Damage & Repair Market: Segmentation
The global cell damage & repair market can be segmented on the basis of damage type, repair type, application, end user and geography.
Based on damage type, the global cell damage & repair market is segmented as:
- Fatty Changes
- Cellular Swelling
Based on repair type, the global cell damage & repair market is segmented as:
Based on application, the global cell damage & repair market is segmented as:
- Radiation Biology
- Genetic Toxicology and Oncology
- Genetic Engineering
- Tissue Engineering
Based on end user, the global cell damage & repair market is segmented as:
- Clinical Laboratory
- Research & development Organizations
- Diagnostic Laboratory
Cell Damage & Repair Market: Overview
Cancer, tissue & genetic engineering are the major segment in the field of research. Extensive study of DNA & membrane damage and repair has led to improving of the existing cell damage & repair methods. The need of improved cell damage & repair methods and increased patients number with cancer will boost the demand of cell damage & repair market. Chemotherapy done during cancer treatment causes the cell damage. The cancer cells are fast growing cell and chemo drug used in the chemotherapy damages the fast growing cell as chemo drug passes through other healthy body cells and affects their functioning. Hence, the prevalence of cancer is expected to rise in the forecast period. However, increased health awareness, assessment and expenditure will contribute to growth of cell damage & repair market.
Cell Damage & Repair Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the cell damage & repair market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and the Middle East & Africa (MEA). North America is expected to be the dominant market in the global cell damage & repair market owing to increasing research initiatives. The cell damage & repair market in Europe is the second major shareholder in the global cell damage & repair market due to increasing focus on research and development in tissue and genetic engineering, therapeutics and oncology to attain the competitive edge. The Asia Pacific excluding Japan & Latin America is expected to witness fast growth rate due to increasing capital investments from international players. Middle East & Africa is expected to account for stagnant market over the forecast period.
Cell Damage & Repair Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global cell damage & repair market are NuVasive, Inc., New England Biolabs, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., RTI Surgical, Inc., AlloSource and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development