Feb 09, 2021
CTC Diagnostics: A Hot Pursuit in the Cancer Stem Cell Research Era
by Team Fact.MR
Circulating tumor cells (CTCs) are a blistering topic of oncological conferences and research due to their tremendous potential in the area of cancer diagnosis as well as treatment. The amount of research that CTCs have been doled with signals the lucrative growth prospects of the CTC diagnostics market, which is likely to surpass the valuation of over US$ 9.5 billion by 2030 - projects a recent study published by Fact.MR.
The study highlights the potential for the CTC enrichment technologies in the area of CTC diagnostics and remains bullish on the profitability of investments made in this space. The potentiality of CTC diagnostics is not limited to diagnosing the presence of a tumor, but it also goes beyond that to help in finding the core information about that tumor. In the coming years, the significance of CTC diagnostics in cancer therapies and treatment is expected to remain substantial and the market will witness astonishing growth in the coming decade, opines the Fact.MR study.
Key Takeaways from CTC Diagnostics Market Report
- The CTC diagnostics market has surpassed the mark of US$ 6 billion, as it reached the valuation of US$ 6.3 billion in 2020. The primary factor to drive the market remains the ongoing research in the field of cancer diagnostics and alarmingly increasing number of cancer deaths around the world.
- The market is expected to witness exponential growth in the coming decade as the projected CAGR is likely to exceed beyond 17% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
- The adoption of CTC enrichment methods is likely to remain significantly high, as the segment is projected to reach the valuation of over US$ 9.5 billion by the end of the assessment period.
- The North American market for CTC diagnostics is expected to lead the regional category with a valuation of over US$ 2 billion in 2020. With the ongoing cancer research in the region and growing presence of market leaders, the regional market is expected to secure one-third revenue share in the global space.
- Patients’ inclination towards non-invasive diagnostics tests and prognostic tools for predicting or detecting the risks of cancer is one of the driving forces for the growth of the market. Manufacturers are also expected to experiment around technologies for detection and analyzing CTCs to improve accuracy and reliability of results.
“The CTC diagnostics technology possesses the ability to detect, identify, quantify, and analyze cancer tumors in blood samples of patients. It is gaining immense demand in the area of cancer diagnostics as patients’ inclination toward non-invasive tests is significantly high. Players in the CTC diagnostics market must tap into opportunities in the area of targeted cancer research and diagnosis to benefit from the great potential that CTC diagnostics carry in the cancer diagnostics landscape in the coming years,” says a lead analyst at Fact.MR.
CTC Diagnostics: An Inevitable Step in Targeted Cancer Stem Cell Research
The incidence of cancer is alarming across the world, and researchers are constantly on their toes to improve the diagnostics and cancer treatments to reduce the avoidable cancer deaths. CTC diagnostics is emerging as an important area of cancer stem cell research as the reliability of using CTC counts from blood samples of patients can help doctors and oncologists to make an appropriate choice of frontline cancer therapy. A mounting number of researchers are implementing CTC diagnostic technologies in cancer stem cell research as it provides doctors with a decision algorithm so as to opine on which treatment to choose.
More Valuable Insights on the CTC Diagnostics Market
Fact.MR has published a study on the CTC diagnostics market which offers a detailed assessment on how the CTC diagnostics market will grow and expand in the coming decade. The report analyzes the statistics related to the market growth during the historic period of 2015-2019, and with the help of which, it offers the detailed assessment on growth projections for the landscape during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Fact.MR’s report categorises the insights on the CTC diagnostics market in the form of product (Devices & Systems, Kits & Reagents, Other Consumables), technology (CTC Enrichment Methods, CTC Detection Methods, and CTC Analysis), application (Cancer Stem Cell Research, EMT Biomarkers Development, Tumorigenesis Research, and Others), sample type (Blood, Bone Marrow, and Others), and seven key regions (North America, Latin America, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, Middle East & Africa, and Europe).
To find more insights on the CTC diagnostics market, visit:
About the Healthcare Division at Fact.MR
The top business consultants, industry leaders, and seasoned business analysts are a part of the healthcare division at Fact.MR. Our team is passionate to study the industry trends and strives to reach accurate conclusions by analyzing the impacts of these trends in the growth projections for businesses active in different markets in the healthcare domain.
Our clients from across the world benefit from the exclusive market insights provided in our reports which help them to create new strategies for the upcoming future. It also gives them better clarity about how the overall healthcare domain is expected to develop in the coming years. Our unmatched market analysis helps our clients gain an edge, as we provide the best business intelligence services with the help of our team of best-in-industry analysts and consultants.
More than thousand reports on the healthcare domain at Fact.MR contain over 1 million data points about the industry and help our clients dive deeper in the industry trends that may influence their growth in various and specific markets. Contact us to get access to our unparalleled market intelligence and valuable insights about the healthcare industry and make data-driven decisions in the future that can help your business thrive.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Shambhu Nath Jha
Sr. Consultant – Healthcare
E-mail: [email protected]