Partial-Onset Seizures Market
Partial-Onset Seizures Market by Indication (Simple Focal Seizures, Complex Focal Seizures, Secondary Generalized Seizures), by Drug Class (First-line Anti-epileptics, Adjunctive Anti-epileptics), by Generation of Drugs (First, Second, Third Generation), by Distribution Channel & Regional Forecast to 2029
Seizures is a brain disorder characterized by a sudden, uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain. It involves changes in behavior, body movements or feelings, and consciousness levels of a patient. Partial-onset seizures also known as focal seizures is a subtype of seizures which is characterized by seizures at localized, one-side of the brain.
According to CDC, in 2015, 1.2% of the US population has active epilepsy. This is about 3 million adults and 470,000 children. Also partial-onset seizures account for about 60% of all epileptic seizures. Drug therapies are preferred in the treatment of partial-onset seizures. Oral and injectable anticonvulsant agents are used in the effective treatment of partial-onset seizures.
Partial-onset Seizures Market: Drivers and Restraints
The rising unmet demand of advanced anticonvulsant therapeutics for treatment of partial-onset seizures is expected to propel the Partial-onset Seizures Market of the global partial-onset seizures market. In addition, the major driver for the partial-onset seizures market growth is rising prevalence in adults and children.
Development of new anticonvulsant products and subsequent launches by leading industry players is expected to fuel the growth of the partial-onset seizures market. However, late diagnosis and costly treatment are the key factors expected to hamper the growth of partial-onset seizures market in the emerging economies.
Partial-onset Seizures Market: Overview
The partial-onset seizures market is expected to experience robust growth over the forecast period owing to higher prevalence of partial-onset seizures. Clinical research and development activities focused by the leading industry players has accelerated the novel partial-onset seizures therapeutics approvals.
Among drug class, first-line anti-epileptics segment is expected to hold the major market share in the partial-onset seizures market. Recently, in fourth quarter of 2019, FDA has approved XCOPRI® (cenobamate tablets) a new treatment for partial-onset seizures manufactured by the SK Life Science Inc. Among generation of drugs segment, second generation anti-epileptics segment is expected to be the leading revenue generating segment in partial-onset seizures market.
Partial-onset Seizures Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, global partial-onset seizures market is segmented into seven key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa. North America is prominent region in partial-onset seizures market owing to novel therapeutic launches.
European partial-onset seizures market is a second most lucrative region due to high awareness. In addition, East Asia region substantially has higher market growth rate owing to constantly rising patient population. Middle East and Africa is expected to be least-lucrative market owing to low healthcare expenditure and poor healthcare infrastructure.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Partial-onset Seizures Market: Key Players
The global market for partial-onset seizures is consolidated with large number of market players. Examples of some of the primary key players operating in the global partial-onset seizures market are GlaxoSmithKline plc., Pfizer Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Novartis AG, Mylan N.V., Eisai Co., Ltd., SK Life Science Inc. Aprecia Pharmaceuticals, Dr. Reddy’s Labs Ltd., Cipla, Lupin Ltd., and among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Partial-onset Seizures Market Segments
- Partial-onset Seizures Market Dynamics
- Partial-onset Seizures Market Size
- Partial-onset Seizures Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Russia and Rest of Europe)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Rest of South Asia)
- East Asia (China, South Korea, Japan)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Turkey, and Rest Of MEA)
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Interested to Procure The Data
Partial-onset Seizures Market: Segmentation
The partial-onset seizures market can be segmented into indication, drug type, distribution channels and geography.
Based on indication, the global partial-onset seizures market is segmented as:
- Simple Focal Seizures
- Complex Focal Seizures
- Secondary Generalized Seizures
Based on drug class, the global partial-onset seizures market is segmented as:
- First-line Anti-epileptics
- Sodium Valproate
- Adjunctive Anti-epileptics
Based on generation of drug, the global partial-onset seizures market is segmented as:
- First Generation Anti-epileptics
- Second Generation Anti-epileptics
- Third Generation Anti-epileptics
Based on the distribution channels, the global partial-onset seizures market is segmented as:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies