Apr 14, 2021
Integrated Fat Transfer Systems to Hold around 55% Share in Autologous Fat Grafting Market: Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
The 21st century has been an era of advancements in cosmetics, where a range of new and advanced procedures are being made available to the public. Among these, preference for non-invasive or minimally-invasive procedures has enthused the population due to their minimal downtime and lower costs. One particular procedure gaining worldwide popularity is autologous fat grafting.
Over the years, disruptive products such as autologous fat grafting have met such customer demands, as autologous fat grafting is a minimally-invasive method. In 2018, the number of people going for augmentation and reconstruction procedures in the U.S. was 6.2 Mn, out of which, the adoption % of autologous fat grafting procedures was 2.2%. Autologous fat grafting is also preferred for the correction of contour deformities in reconstructed breasts. Increasing prevalence of scar contractures is also expected to drive demand for autologous fat grafting.
The global autologous fat grafting market was valued at around US$ 172 Mn in 2020, and is projected to expand at a healthy CAGR of close to 10% through 2031.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Integrated fat transfer systems accounted for over 50% of market share in 2020.
- Breast augmentation is the most lucrative segment and holds a little less than half of the market share.
- North America accounts for over half of the global autologous fat grafting market share, owing to technological advancements and increasing research & development activities in this region.
- Hospitals account for over 48% value share, among end users.
- The COVID19 pandemic has resulted in a temporary pause of all non-essential and elective procedures. Pharmaceutical manufacturers have been severely impacted, with companies reporting a significant drop in revenue due to supply chain issues.
- The market in the U.S., U.K. and Germany to accelerate at around 10% CAGR each through 2031.
- The market in China to surge ahead at a CAGR of around 12% over the next ten years.
“Increasing prevalence of scar contractures and growing acceptance of aesthetic cosmetic procedures are expected to drive demand for integrated fat transfer systems over the coming years,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Strategies of Key Market Players
Key players in the autologous fat grafting industry are focused on introducing new, innovative products to boost their market share.
- Alma Lasers (Sisram Medical), in 2019, launched BeautiFill for fat harvesting for autologous fat to restore volume to the face or body. It is the first laser-based procedure.
- In 2017, MTF Biologics expanded its portfolio of plastic surgery products with LipoGrafter, which offers physicians a safer and effective method to harvest a patient’s fat and deposit it in areas where there is a need to add volume.
- LifeCell Corporation introduced REVOLVE as an advanced adipose system used for the harvesting, aspiration, filtering, and transporting of high-quality autologous adipose tissue for aesthetic body contouring.
Looking for more information?
The research study on the autologous fat grafting market by Fact.MR incorporates an unbiased assessment of key demand-driving factors and trends, which have shaped the landscape over 2016 – 2020, and includes a detailed assessment of key parameters that are anticipated to exert influence during 2021 – 2031. Market statistics have been presented based on product (integrated fat transfer systems, aspiration and harvesting systems, liposuction systems, fat processing systems, and de-epithelialization devices and accessories), application (breast augmentation, buttock augmentation, facial fat grafting, hand rejuvenation, and others), and end user (hospitals, on-site clinics, and plastic surgery centers), across seven regions - North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East & Africa.
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Healthcare
Our healthcare consulting team guides organizations at each step of their business strategy by helping you understand how the latest influencers account for operational and strategic transformation in the healthcare sector. Our expertise in recognizing the challenges and trends impacting the global healthcare industry provides indispensable insights and support – encasing a strategic perspective that helps you identify critical issues and devise appropriate solutions.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Shambhu Nath Jha
Sr. Consultant – Healthcare
E-mail: [email protected]