Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene (MBS) Demand to Soar on the Back of its Transparent and Impact Resistive Properties
MBS’s unique combination of properties such as transparency enhancement, impact resistivity and excellent mechanical properties, make it a material of choice as an impact modifier in PVC resins.
Driven by the rising demand for PVC, the global methacrylate butadiene styrene (MBS) market was valued at around US$ 850 Mn in 2018.
Building and construction sector dominated the MBS market in 2018 and will continue as a frontrunner over the forecast period with an incremental opportunity worth nearly US$ 321 Mn till 2029
Top 10 Companies Account For 3/4th of the Total Market Revenue
- The global methacrylate butadiene styrene market is oligopolistic in nature with Kaneka Corporation, Arkema, INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH, LG Chem., Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corp., Shandong Novista Chemicals Co., Ltd., and The Dow Chemical Company being the tier 1 players in the market.
- The MBS industry has witnessed a number of new product launches, which is seen to be the widely adopted growth strategy. For instance, in October 2019, INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH, launched range of styrenic solutions like Terluran® ECO GP-22 grades, Novodur® P4XF, NAS® XC and NAS XC® UV and Zylar 631. Zylar 631 is an impact modifier for a range of applications including medical trays, syringe valves, vacuum cleaner parts, cosmetic packaging, toys and a number of consumer products.
- Moreover, key stakeholders in the methacrylate butadiene styrene market are focusing on technological advancements, product innovation, and adoption of new types of blends to find a cost-effective solution with ideal enhancements.
- Market players are also entering into long-term partnerships with raw material suppliers, end-use industries, and going in for product launches in order to have a strong presence in the global methacrylate butadiene styrene market. These strategies will help them to meet the demand for MBS and to adapt to the dynamics in the methacrylate butadiene styrene market during the forecast period.
Know More Details About the Report
Asian Markets Continue to Flourish on the Back of Competitive Pricing
China is the world’s largest PVC producer and accounts for more than half of the global PVC production. The region also consumes close to 50 % of global Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene.
The average selling price for MBS is lesser in this region as compared to countries in Latin America and North America where demand is more and supply is sluggish.
Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market Receiving Tailwind with Healthcare and Automotive Applications
Currently, nearly 40% of disposable medical kits are made up of PVC. An upsurge in the demand for quality healthcare will contribute to the methacrylate butadiene styrene market’s growth.
Since, most of PVC based auto-components need to exhibit high impact resistance properties, the use of methacrylate butadiene styrene is evident in automotive.
Bio based polymers are urging the need for enhanced and compatible impact modifiers which would decrease the consumption of methacrylate butadiene styrene. For instance, companies like Arkema and Dow have invested in a new range of impact modifiers to meet the demand for impact modifiers compatible with biopolymers.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Asia Pacific Production to Outpace Developed Regions
- The global demand for MBS is forecast to be in line with that of the global GDP growth. Asia Pacific has led the global methacrylate butadiene styrene market owing to the regions humongous PVC production capacity.
The region is forecast to create an incremental opportunity of over US$ 120 Mn by the end of 2029. The growth is backed by the growing demand for PVC from a range of end use industries like building & constru.
- Furthermore, an ever expanding population base and soaring disposable incomes has led to a steady demand for PVC in the region. Emerging countries like China, India and a few ASEAN countries are set to propel the demand for methacrylate butadiene styrene.
- The automotive industry is now shifting toward low cost ASEAN countries. Indonesia, being the second largest manufacturer of automobiles in ASEAN will spur the consumption of methacrylate butadiene styrene over the forecast period. Malaysia and Singapore will showcase a positive scenario attributable to the presence of major manufacturers of medical tubing in the region.
Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market: Segmentation
Fact.MR has segmented the methacrylate butadiene styrene market on the basis of end use and region.
Existing predictions of the methacrylate butadiene styrene market, encompassing current as well as forthcoming values estimates, analysis on region-wise demand trends, and price index have been assimilated in the report.Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market: Analysis on Market Size Evaluation
Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market - Scope of the Report
The methacrylate butadiene styrene market study done by Fact.MR gives exclusive information about how the market will grow during the forecast period of 2019 - 2029.
The study predicts crucial trends that are determining the growth of the methacrylate butadiene styrene market. This newly published report sheds light on vital dynamics, such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities for key market players as well as emerging players associated with the manufacturing of methacrylate butadiene styrene.
The report primarily conveys a summary of the market, considering the present and upcoming construction industry scenarios to reveal striking sides relating to the adoption of methacrylate butadiene styrene across prominent regional markets.
A detailed assessment of the market supply chain analysis, business execution, and value chain analysis across the regional markets has been provided in the report. A list of prominent companies operating in the methacrylate butadiene styrene market enhance the reliability of this comprehensive research study.
Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market: Report Summary
The study offers an inclusive analysis on diverse features including demand, revenue generation, and sales by key players in the methacrylate butadiene styrene market across the globe. A comprehensive study on the market has been done through optimistic and conservative scenarios. The analysis and estimation of price point comparison by region with the global average price has been included in this study.
The market estimation at the regional and global scale of methacrylate butadiene styrene is available in terms of “US$ Mn”. A Y-o-Y growth contrast of the prominent methacrylate butadiene styrene market segments, along with market attractiveness valuation computes have been incorporated in the report. Metrics mentioned above are also based on methacrylate butadiene styrene applications, where methacrylate butadiene styrene witnesses a steady demand.
Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market: Scrutinized Assessment on Regional Segments
The weighted sections have been elaborated in the report of the methacrylate butadiene styrene market, which deliver projection on regional markets. These chapters highlight regional macros (political economic and business environment outlook), which are expected to have a momentous influence on the growth of the methacrylate butadiene styrene market during the forecast period.
Country-specific valuation on the demand for methacrylate butadiene styrene has been offered for each regional market, along with market scope estimates and forecast, price index, price point assessment, and impact analysis of dynamics in regions and countries. For all regional markets, Y-o-Y growth estimates have also been incorporated in the report.
Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market: In-depth Analysis on Competitive Landscape
The report offers the competitive scenario of the methacrylate butadiene styrene market, along with profiles of prominent companies contributing to market expansion. Essential and up-to-date data as well as information correlated to market performers, who are principally engaged in the production and supply of methacrylate butadiene styrene, have been presented with the help of a detailed dashboard view. The market share analysis and comparison of prominent players provided in the report permits readers to take preemptive steps in advancing their businesses.
Company profiles have been combined in the report, which exert essentials such as product portfolio, along with an all-inclusive SWOT analysis on each player. The company’s presence is mapped and presented through the matrix for all prominent players functioning in the methacrylate butadiene styrene market. It offers actionable insights to readers, which helps in thoughtfully presenting market status, and predicting competition levels in the methacrylate butadiene styrene market. Prominent companies operating in the global methacrylate butadiene styrene market include Arkema, Ineos Group Holdings S.A., KANEKA CORPORATION, LG Chem, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corp., Shandong Novista Chemicals Co., Ltd., The Dow Chemical Company among others.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.