Projector lamps are either ultra-high pressure mercury vapour lamps or metal halide lamps. Usually, in a projector lamp, an ARC gap contains ultra-high pressurised mercury vapour. The projector lamp functions by sending out an electric current across the pressurised ARC gap. This makes the projector lamp produce a bright light as the electric current lights the mercury vapour. This light is thrown onto a DLP or an LCD panel that produces the final images on the screen. The development of projector lamps involves a complex technology, and the process varies with respect to the demands of customers.
The projector often has a built-in timer that keeps track of how long the projector lamp has been active inside the projector. Usually, a few hours before the lifespan of the projector lamp is finished, a message is displayed on the screen that notifies the user to replace the soon-to-die projector lamp with a new one. However, not all projectors have this feature. Some projector lamps automatically shut down the moment the timer reaches a certain limit.
The projector lamp can be accessed by locating a rectangular or square-shaped plastic plate on the outside of the projector. Usually, the plate is situated at the bottom, however, depending upon the design, it can be found on the sides or on the top of the projector. By undoing the screws, the plate comes off and reveals the projector lamp housing that holds the projector lamp in place inside the projector. The projector lamp housing can be removed by gently pulling the accompanying handle.
Projector Lamps Market: Drivers and Challenges
There are various factors that drive the demand for projector lamps. Manufacturers are forming partnerships with each other to jointly develop projector lamps that are compatible with multiple projectors, which is expected to drive the global projector lamps market. Companies offer guidelines that enable users to extend the lifespan of the projector lamp.
However, projector lamps are very expensive owing to the cost of the engineering and technology required to develop them. Moreover, the resources required to develop projector lamps cost manufacturers millions of dollars. The need to hire technology professionals who can ensure that the projector lamps thus produced adhere to industry standards also entails high cost. These are some of the factors expected to hamper the growth of the global projector lamps market.
Projector Lamps Market: Segmentation
On the basis of lamp anatomy, the global projector lamps market can be segmented as follows:
- ARC Tube
- Mercury Vapor
- Electrical Wiring
- Quartz Globe
- Fasteners, Threaded Spoke, Nut, and Screw
- Plastic Housing
On the basis of end user, the global projector lamps market can be segmented as follows:
- Residential End Users
- Commercial End Users
- Industrial End Users
Among all the end users, the commercial end users of project lamps dominate the global projector lamps market and are expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the high demand for projectors in the commercial sector.
Projector Lamps Market: Regional Outlook
Among all the regions, North America holds the largest market share of the global projector lamps market and is expected to maintain a steady growth rate over the forecast period. The growth of the projector lamps market in North America can be attributed to the ever-rising trend of commercial automation and an increase in disposable income in commercial, industrial and residential sectors. Southeast Asian and other Asia Pacific economies are expected to register a significant growth rate in the projector lamps market.
Projector Lamps Market: Key Players
Some of the major players operating in the global projector lamps market include 3D Perception; 3M; Acer Inc.; BenQ America Corp.; BOXLIGHT; Canon; Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc.; HP Inc.; Compaq; Dell; Dukane; Eiki; Eizo; Epson; Hitachi, Inc.; InFocus; JVC; LG; Mitsubishi; NEC; Panasonic Corporation; Philips; Proxima; Samsung Corporation; Sanyo; Sharp; Sony Corporation; Toshiba; ViewSonic and Yokogawa Corporation.
The Projector Lamps Market Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Projector Lamps Market Segments
- Projector Lamps Market Segments
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Projector Lamps Market Size & Forecast, 2018 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Projector Lamps Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Projector Lamps Technology
- Value Chain
- Projector Lamps Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Projector Lamps Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Projector Lamps Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development