Railcar Spill Containment Market
Railcar Spill Containment Market Analysis By Product (Railcar Track Pans, Railcar Track Berms, Railcar Containment Mats), By Material (Fibreglass, Reinforced Concrete, Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Galvanised Steel), By End Use, By Region - Global Insights to 2031
Analysis of Railcar Spill Containment market covering 30 + countries including analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Market Outlook for Railcar Spill Containment
Railcar spill containment market analysis shows that global demand enjoyed year-on-year (YoY) growth of 4.5% in 2021, to total 4,224 units. Railcar track pans displayed positive growth of 4.7% to total 2,541 units, while railcar track berms were up by 4.5% to 929 units.
Key Points Covered in Railcar Spill Containment Industry Survey:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2016-2031)
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Market Share Analysis
- COVID-19 Impact on Railcar Spill Containment and How to Navigate
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
Revenue Analysis of Railcar Spill Containment from 2016 to 2020 Compared to Demand Outlook for 2021 to 2031
As per the railcar spill containment market research by Fact.MR - a market research and competitive intelligence provider, historically, from 2016 to 2020, market value increased at around 1.6% CAGR, wherein, countries such as the U.S., GGC Countries, China, Japan, Germany, and Turkey held significant share in the global market.
With growing concerns of end users towards cost reduction in oil & gas industries, the market for railcar spill containment is forecast to expand at a moderate CAGR of close to 5% over the coming 10 years.
- The railcar spill containment industry saw soaring growth in 2021 with worldwide revenues up 4.7% year-over-year. Fact.MR estimates that revenue from railcar containment mats revenue will grow 1.5X from 2021 to 2031, reaching nearly US$ 36.5 Mn in 2031, with a ten-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5%.
- As per Fact.MR’s railcar spill containment market insights, global market revenue totaled US$ 21.5 Mn for 2020.
- Demand for new installation of railcar spill track pans will accelerate at the highest pace.
- Top 8 providers of railcar spill containment held nearly 40% market share in 2020.
- While demand was impacted by COVID-19, over the decade, long-term forecasts look good, especially for railcar track pans.
What is the Concentration Aspect of the Market for Railcar Spill Containment?
As per assessment of unit shipments, and ratings on the basis of market share, market reach, and clientele, top 6 players providing railcar spill containment account for nearly 1/3 share, upheld by their robust sales infrastructure and sound operations worldwide. Average revenue of these railcar spill containment system manufacturers ranges from US$ 5 Mn to US$ 10 Mn.
Acquisition of small yet technologically sound players and new product launches continue to remain key expansion strategies of market leaders. Occupancy of a large number of small- and medium-sized manufacturers worldwide alludes the splintered nature of the market.
Collaboration with established companies with an aim to strengthen their manufacturing and distribution is a key strategy adopted to expand their footprint in the landscape.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
How is U.S. Faring in the Growing Railcar Spill Containment Industry?
The U.S. is a key market for railcar spill containment. The market is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR of 6.2% and will represent a total incremental opportunity of over US$ 6.3 Mn in terms of value during the forecast period.
Implementation of Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Regulations under the United States Environmental Protection Agency has resulted into mandatory implementation of railcar spill containment across the country, consequently boosting demand.
Why are Railcar Track Pans Highly Demanded?
Demand for railcar track pans is estimated to grow at a significant rate and is projected to reach by more than US$ 4 Mn by 2031-end. Demand for railcar containment mats is growing at a relatively high pace as compared with other railcar track berms.
Slow growth of railcar track berms is due to their limited application and high cost. Railcar track pans held a share of 68% by value in 2021, owing to their wide application in petrochemicals and oil & gas plants.
Why is the Petrochemical Industry a Dominating End User of Railcar Spill Containment?
Railcar spill containment systems for petrochemical industries are projected to be the most prominent end-use segment, expanding at a significant CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period. Rising demand for railcar spill containment from petrochemical industries is due to growing awareness regarding environmental hazards related to chemical spillage.
Stringent environmental regulations for different end-use industries enhances the market for railcar spill containment globally. Apart from petrochemical industries, oil and gas industries are also the noteworthy clients of railcar spill containment.
How Has COVID-19 Impacted Revenue Generation from Railcar Spill Containment?
COVID-19 has had a negative influence globally on railcar spill containment demand from a commercial viewpoint. North American countries such as USA & Canada are leading railcar spill containment clients due to high presence of oil & gas & petrochemical industries.
On analysis of the global threat caused by coronavirus, there has been categorisation in railcar spill containment due to the imposition of lockdowns by governments in numerous regions. There was a drop of -5.7% in –y-o-y demand for railcar spill containment during the pandemic.
Majority companies discussed in the report have focused on expansion, investments, acquisitions, delivery, portfolio expansion, and brand development.
Some of the key developments are:
- In 2020, Safe Rack has partnered with Ultratech International to designate spill prevention month in July. These companies has joined the forces to share the awareness of developing comprehensive plan for investing in railcar spill containment.
- In 2020, the century group has partnership with a chemical company in US for the installation of railcar track pans. These pans were installed in rail roads for trans loading the chemicals.
- In 2018, Eagle Manufacturing has been acquired by Justrite safety group. This acquisition will lead the company’s strategy to better serve the customers within industrial safety products including rail car spill containment.
- In 2018, Pactec has announced a new manufacturing plant in USA with an investment of US$ 500 K. This new expansion of the company will fabricate the auxiliary items and dewatering filters for railcar spill containment.
- In 2018, Enpac has launched a new product 5483-YE Double IBC Dispensing Station made up of plastic to endorse it between the rail and roads. This new product saves floor spaces without sacrificing adjusting compliances.
Similarly, recent developments related to companies offering railcar spill containment have been tracked by the team at Fact.MR, which are available in the full report.
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Railcar Spill Containment Market Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
|Units for Volume and US$ ‘000 for Value|
Key Regions Covered
Key Countries Covered
Key Market Segments Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Available upon Request
Market Segments Covered in Railcar Spill Containment Industry Analysis
- Railcar Track Pans
- Railcar Track Berms
- Railcar Containment Mats
- Fibreglass Railcar Track Pans
- Reinforced Concrete Railcar Track Berms
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanised Steel
- Poly Vinyl Chloride
By End Use
- Railcar Spill Containment for Power Plants
- Railcar Spill Containment Oil & Gas Industries
- Railcar Spill Containment Petrochemical Industries
- Railcar Spill Containment Others Industries
- FAQs -
The global railcar spill containment market is worth more than US$ 22 Mn at present.
Sales of railcar spill containment are projected to increase at a CAGR of over 5% during 2021 – 2031.
Value sales of railcar spill containment increased at a CAGR of 1.6% during 2016 – 2020.
Growing awareness regarding environmental hazards related to chemical spillage is one of the key trends being observed in the market.
Rising shipment of crude oil through railways is driving demand for railcar spill containment.
Top 5 suppliers of railcar spill containment account for around 25% share in the market.
Top 5 countries driving demand for railcar spill containment are the U.S., GCC countries, China, Japan, and Turkey.
North America accounted for over 40% of global railcar spill containment demand in 2020, and is set to continue its dominance over the coming years.
The European market for railcar spill containment is projected to expand at a CAGR of more than 4% during 2021 – 2031.
The United States, Germany, and China are key providers of railcar spill containment.
The market in South Korea and Japan will expand at over 3.5% CAGR, with both countries together accounting for close to 42% share in the East Asia market.