Automatic Polarimeter Market – Introduction
A polarimeter is a chemical instrument used to determine the optical activity of a substance. Certain substances are optically active and rotate polarized light when passed through them. The angle by which polarized light rotates is known as the angle of rotation or observed angle.
Leveraging the principle, industries use polarimeters to ascertain the identity, quality, and concentration of substances in mixtures. Additionally, the observed angle can also be used in predicting the outcome of conversions and reactions. Owing to its functionality, polarimeters are used in an assortment of industries such as food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and agriculture.
Remote Sensing to Emerge as a Vital Revenue Pocket for Automatic Polarimeters
The automatic polarimeter market is likely to register steady growth on the back of its bolstering demand in remote sensing applications. Weather forecast and potential use of polarimeters in defense applications are expected to be at the forefront of leveraging the remote sensing capabilities of the device.
Advancements such as the development of dual polarization process are expected to fuel widespread adoption of automatic polarimeters in weather forecast with the technique enabling forecasters to identify precipitation type, detecting aviation hazards such as bats and tornado debris while also aiding in identifying precipitation type.
Defense organizations are increasingly investing in the development of effective polarimetric imaging systems to help identify targets in scenarios where the temperature difference between bodies and surroundings is not substantial enough. The development is expected to fuel uptake of the devices in defense applications and uphold automatic polarimeter market growth.
Manufacturers Focusing on Miniaturization of Automatic Polarimeters
The bulky and expensive nature of current automatic polarimeters is limiting their widespread adoption with end-user industries demanding more compact devices at affordable costs. With demands for compact automatic polarimeters expected to surge in industries such as F&B, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, remote sensing, and astronomy, manufacturers operating in the automatic polarimeter market are funneling investments into the development of hand-held devices which can effectively serve the required purpose. A recent development complementing the surge in the demand for compact automatic polarimeters was the development of a solid-state, full-Stokes polarimeter integrated on a silicon chip. Bolstering advancements in the area are expected to open lucrative opportunities in the automatic polarimeter market.
Intensifying Clinical Trials in the Pharmaceutical Industry to Fuel Uptake
Accelerating rate of patent expirations coupled with burgeoning demand for specialty drugs is opening new opportunities in the pharmaceuticals market. Consequentially, companies are continuously investing heavily in novel drug development in order to capitalize on the surge in demand. Polarimeters are vital to drug development with the optical properties of numerous pharmacological agents crucial to determining the impact, taste, smell, and properties of medications. With clinical trials on the rise, demand for polarimeters in pharmaceutical industries is expected to surge at a healthy rate in the foreseeable future.
Costly Measurement Setup Continues to Pose a Daunting Challenge
Effective measurement of light polarization requires polarimeters to measure and analyze multiple complex components simultaneously. In order to accurately and precisely measure the state of polarization of light, manufacturers are using complex and expensive setups. However, with competition in different end-user industries on the rise, manufacturers in the automatic polarimeter market are under immense pressure for manufacturing affordable and accurate devices. Additionally, the use of polarimeters in mobile applications introduces noise in measurements making it unstable. The errors induced due to noise in the measurement of the state of polarization of light can have adverse implications for end-user industries which is a key factor expected to limit automatic polarimeter market growth.
Automatic Polarimeter Market – Competitive Landscape
- With the demand for automatic polarimeters in aerosol detection for environmental protection and weather forecasting on the rise, researchers at the Netherlands Space Institute developed a multi-angle polarimeter for monitoring the concentration of aerosols in the air and predicting their impact on the cooling or heating of the earth. Additionally, the high-performance polarimeter can potentially be used in combination with satellites to streamline measurement of greenhouse gases and changes in ocean color.
- Automatic polarimeters are finding increasing usage in diagnostics and a recent development complementing the pervasive trend was the release of a hand-held tool produced by Dermapol which leverages polarization of light by tissues in the identification of melanoma skin cancer and other types of cancerous tumors on the skin.
- Banking on the burgeoning demand for automatic polarimeters in the chemical industry, Xylem launched two new products namely ADP610-HCL polarimeter and the ADP663 polarimeter to cater to the needs of the devices in harsh chemical environments.
Some of the leading players operating in the automatic polarimeter market include Kruess, Rudolph Research Analytical, Bellingham + Stanley (Xylem), Anton Paar GmbH, ATAGO, JASCO, DigiPol Technologies, Hanon Instruments, Bante Instruments, Ningbo Biocotek Scientific Instrument Co., Limited, Star Laboratories, Schmidt + Haensch GmbH & Co., and Azzota Corporation.
Automatic Polarimeter Market Segmentation
The automatic polarimeter market can be segmented on the basis of product type and application.
By product type, the automatic polarimeter market can be classified as type 1 and type 2.
By application, the automatic polarimeter market can be classified as foods, pharmaceuticals, essential oils, flavors and fragrances, and chemicals.
Automatic Polarimeter Market Regional Outlook
The report on automatic polarimeter market incorporates an exhaustive coverage of key geographies and their proliferation in the industry. The research study identifies United States and Europe to represent profitable avenues for automatic polarimeter market, with budding opportunities to bank on. Key countries such as China and Japan are foreseen to represent remunerative growth prospects for the expansion of automatic polarimeter market. Furthermore, South Korea, India, and South East Asia are identified to be attractive markets for stakeholders of automatic polarimeter market to tap into new customer segments.
Automatic Polarimeter Key Market Participants
The automatic polarimeter market is likely to witness proactive initiatives by manufacturers to introduce new products to their existing product lines for attaining long-term benefits.
- Rudolph Research Analytical
- Anton Paar GmbH
- Bellingham + Stanley (Xylem)
- Schmidt + Haensch GmbH & Co.
- DigiPol Technologies
- Shanghai Insmark Instrument Techonology
- Hanon Instruments
- Azzota Corporation
- Ningbo Biocotek Scientific Instrument Co., Limited
- Bante Instruments
- Star Laboratories
The research report on automatic polarimeter market presents a comprehensive assessment of the automatic polarimeter market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report on automatic polarimeter market provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on automatic polarimeter market that includes:
- Automatic Polarimeter Market Segments
- Automatic Polarimeter Market Dynamics
- Automatic Polarimeter Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in Automatic Polarimeter Market
- Competition & Companies involved in Automatic Polarimeter Market
- Value Chain
Regional analysis of automatic polarimeter market includes:
- Automatic Polarimeter Market in North America (U.S., Canada)
- Automatic Polarimeter Market in Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Automatic Polarimeter Market in Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic)
- Automatic Polarimeter Market in Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Automatic Polarimeter Market in Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Automatic Polarimeter Market in Japan
- Automatic Polarimeter Market in Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey)
The report on automatic polarimeter market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report on automatic polarimeter market provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report on automatic polarimeter market also maps the qualitative impact of various key factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics in the automatic polarimeter market
- In-depth segmentation of automatic polarimeter market
- Historical, current and projected automatic polarimeter market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in automatic polarimeter market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development