A power line carrier system usually consists of a conductor that is employed for simultaneous distribution of electricity and information. This is attained by superimposing high frequency signals on normal voltage in a general power circuit. Power line carrier systems are also referred to as power line digital subscriber lines (PDSL), power line networking or power line telecommunications and are defined by OSHA (Occupational and Safety Hazards Administration) as “communication equipment that operates at radio-frequencies, generally below 600 kilohertz, to transmit information over electric power transmission lines.”
Power Line Carrier System Market: Dynamics
Increasing demand for power in every business vertical will create optimistic growth opportunities for the power line carrier system market over the forecast period. Moreover, power line carrier systems can be easily installed over existing power lines and hence, their adoptability rate is quite high. Government initiatives, such as the Saubhagya Scheme, aim to provide electricity to all households in India. That apart, the existing infrastructure has been modified to provide simultaneous data transmission. The overall cost of power line carrier system projects is quite cost effective, which will further drive the growth of the market during the forecast period. Increased installation of surveillance cameras and other security devices will push the demand for power line carrier systems during the forecast period. Similarly, increasing investments for enhancing the communication infrastructure in almost every country around the world will also compliment the market growth. Increasing awareness surrounding the smart grid concept due to technologies, such as Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) and Automatic Meter Infrastructure (AMI), are few other factors driving the growth of power line carrier system market on a global level.
However, one of the significant obstacles in the growth of power line carrier system market is the requirement of skilled manpower. That apart, the cost of maintenance is high, which limits the growth of the power line carrier system market. Owing to the superimposition of two frequencies, this system is stated to produce substantial noise, when in operation. These factors are estimated to be some of the key restraining factors for the power line carrier system market.
Power Line Carrier System Market: Segmentation
The global power line carrier system market can be segmented on the basis of technology, application and end use.
On the basis of technology, the global power line carrier system market can be segmented into:
- Narrowband Power Line Carrier System
- Broadband Power Line Carrier System
On the basis of application, the global power line carrier system market can be segmented into:
On the basis of end use, the global power line carrier system market can be segmented into:
- Electrical Transmission & Distribution
- Oil & Gas
- Electronics & Telecommunication
Power Line Carrier System Market: Regional Outlook
From a regional perspective, Asia Pacific is expected to be one of the major regions accounting for a dominant share. The growing telecommunications sector in countries, such as India, coupled with the strong industrial growth in major countries are some of the contributing factors for the growth of the power line carrier system market. The fast paced adoption of smart metering can be considered as another fuelling factor for the region’s growth. Following Asia Pacific, the North America power line carrier system market is also anticipated to witness high growth. The automotive production has been on the rise in countries in Europe and hence, the region is expected to be one of the rapidly growing regions in the power line carrier system market.
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global power line carrier system market are ABB, Schneider Electric, AtlasPower, Inc., Texas Instruments Incorporated, STMicroelectronics N.V., Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Advanced Digital Design S.A., Echelon Corporation, Lumenpulse Inc., Semitech Semiconductor, Yitran Technologies Ltd., among others.
The power line carrier system research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the power line carrier system market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The power line carrier system research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, scaffold type, position, number of points and number of tiers.
The Power Line Carrier System report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Power Line Carrier System Market Segments
- Power Line Carrier System Market Dynamics
- Power Line Carrier System Market Size
- Power Line Carrier System Market Supply & Demand Scenario
- Power Line Carrier System Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Power Line Carrier System Market Competition & Companies Involved
- Power Line Carrier System Technology
- Power Line Carrier System Market Value Chain
Regional Analysis for Power Line Carrier System Market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The power line carrier system report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The power line carrier system report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The power line carrier system report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Power Line Carrier System Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing power line carrier system market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth power line carrier system market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected power line carrier system market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for power line carrier system market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions