Calcium Formate Market in Numbers:
- Global calcium formate market registered a CAGR of nearly 4.0% between the period 2014 and 2018.
- Sales of calcium formate closed in on US$ 1,500 Mn in 2018 and are estimated to grow at a Y-o-Y growth at over 4% in 2019.
- East Asia will continue to be the high growth and high value market for calcium formate, with sales estimated in excess of US$ 530 Mn in 2018. Well-established leather industry, where demand for calcium formate is robust as an additive to promote speedy and efficient penetration of chrome in leather, is a key contributor to East Asia’s lead in the calcium formate market
- Lucrativeness of the food additive and silage treatment industry for calcium formate manufacturers is here to stay, with sales in 2018 estimated close to US$ 490 Mn.
Calcium Formate Market – Competitive Landscape
The calcium formate market remains highly fragmented in nature, with significant barriers to new entrants. While new product developments and launches remain key strategies of leading players, the focus also remains strong on collaborations with mid-sized industries to materialize their long-term manufacturing and distribution goals.
Leading players have a robust occupancy and distribution in developed as well as developing markets, collectively accounting for approximately 40% calcium formate sales. The strategies employed by leading players continue to contradict the ones put in action by mid-level players.
‘Buy and build’ remains a key strategy for the market leaders, as their efforts are geared towards strengthening their global footprint with the help of sound infrastructures and streamlined distribution. These players cater to niche applications in key industry sectors including electronics, construction, coatings, oil and gas, rubber, and water treatment.
Know More Details About the Report
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Calcium Formate Market?
- Calcium formate has been fast replacing calcium chloride as a setting-accelerator in the construction industry, in light if its key attributes such as preventing corrosion in steel reinforcements, enhancing strength of cement mortar. This, coupled with the notable rise in the construction and infrastructure development activities in developing economies, continues to sustain the demand for calcium formate.
- Adoption of calcium formate in the manufacturing and processing industries has gained a remarkable uptick in recent years, as an ideal additive to stymie corrosion in wire casting and molding operations.
- Advancements in the animal nutrition industry has meant that the demand for effective feed additives to achieve superior conversion rate is on the rise, which has reflected on the adoption of calcium formate as an additive in feed pre-mixes, to enhance their metabolism and digestive health.
- Demand for calcium formate has also gained a significant momentum among automakers, as the compound enhances the conveyance of gas to airbags when blended with ammonium nitrate. The focus on passenger safety as the top priority among automakers, and the efficiency of calcium formate in boosting functionality of airbags, have collectively favored the market growth in recent years.
- As governments across the globe take measures to phase outgrowth-boosting antibiotics to ensure animal welfare safety, feed manufacturers are including calcium formate as a preservative to lower the pH level and enhance the gut health in animals.
What are the Key Challenges Encountered by Stakeholders Operating in Calcium Formate Market?
- Volatility in the prices of raw materials, namely, formic acid and calcium carbonate, used for the production of calcium formate, remains a key challenge for manufacturers, apart from the issues ascending from high energy consumption and low process efficiency that sum up to a hefty production cost. This has further led manufacturers to look for effective alternatives to cut down production cost and improve profit margins.
- Growing cognizance pertaining to the superior efficiency of calcium chloride in accelerating the settling time of Pozzolanic and Portland cement has been impacting the sales of calcium formate in the construction industry.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Opportunities Abound in Animal Feed and Silage Treatment Industry
The study reveals that the demand for calcium formate in animal feed and silage treatment industry is anticipated to witness a remarkable rise, as governments of numerous countries implement regulations on health enhancers used in animal feed. The need for nutrition-rich feed that benefit the digestive health of animals has influenced the adoption of additives and preservatives to achieve healthy growth of livestock.
Additionally, growing consumption rate of meat and poultry products, which has proliferated demand for livestock, continues to create lucrative opportunities for the calcium formate manufacturers.
According to the study, calcium formate sales in the animal feed and silage treatment industry will register a CAGR of over 4% through 2029.
This incisive Fact.MR report provides crucial information and comprehendible intelligence of the calcium formate market. A systematic approach is employed to carry out an in-depth analysis of the key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats governing the growth of calcium formate market between the period 2019 and 2029.
For gaining comprehensive information of the historical and current growth parameters of the calcium formate market, primary and secondary research has been conducted. The secondary research contains the study of trade journals, press releases, company annual reports, paid resources, and other publications, while the primary research involves data culled by interviewing industry and market heads.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
A new report published by Fact.MR on calcium format market lends a comprehensive and long-term forecast for the period, 2019-2029. A large number of factors influencing the growth of the calcium formate market are studied along with their degrees of impact. The research report provides insights into the competitive landscape to comprehend the key strategies adopted by the participants operating in the calcium formate market.
Chapter 1 – Executive Summary
The research report begins with an executive summary that helps in comprehending the calcium formate market along with the characteristics, trends, and opportunities.
Chapter 2 – Market Overview
This section of the report provides an in-depth overview of the calcium formate market followed by a detailed definition. In this chapter, key divisions of the calcium formate market are represented in the form of taxonomy table.
Chapter 3 – Key Market Trends
This section of the report explains the impact of significant trends navigating the growth of the calcium formate market.
Chapter 4 – Market Background and Macro-economic Factors
This chapter of the study offers a brief outlook on market and the sales of calcium formate, backed by the stats collected from various industries. The forecast of the market is offered in this report that is obtained by studying the relevance and impact of
Chapter 5 – Global Calcium Formate Market Demand Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This section offers an analysis of the historical market in terms of volume (tons), projections of current and future market, and an in-depth analysis of the Y-o-Y growth trend.
Chapter 6 – Global Calcium Formate Market – Pricing Analysis
The section provides a global pricing analysis of the calcium formate market inclusive of average pricing of individual products and breakup of average pricing.
Chapter 7 - Global Calcium Formate Market Demand (in Value or Size in US$ Mn) Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast, 2019 – 2029
The section of the report analysis the demand for calcium formate registered during the historical period (2014-2018) and during the forecast period (2019-2029) along with the Y-o-Y growth trend analysis and an assessment of absolute $ opportunity.
Chapter 8 - Global Calcium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019 - 2029, by Function
Depending on the function of calcium formate, the report offers a statistical analysis of preservatives, additives, cure accelerator, masking agent, and others.
Chapter 9 - Global Calcium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019 - 2029, by End-use
Based on the end-user, the report offers a comprehensive analysis of gas desulphurization, textiles, lubricants, tile adhesives, leather tanning, animal feed and silage treatment, cement, and others.
Chapter 10 - Global Calcium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019 - 2029, by Region
On the basis of the geography, the report assesses the growth of the calcium formate market in North America, the Middle East and Africa, South Asia and Oceania, East Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
Chapter 11 - North America Calcium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019 – 2029
This section of the report offers a country-wise analysis of the calcium formate market for Canada and the United States and assesses the impact of key market divisions.
Chapter 12 – Latin America Calcium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019 – 2029
The chapter lends a country-wise assessment of the calcium formate market for Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America and analysis the significant market classifications.
Chapter 13 – Europe Calcium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019 – 2029
The section of this study provides a country-wise outlook of the calcium formate market for Russia, Germany, BENELUX, Spain, the U.K., France, Italy, and the rest of Europe and studies crucial market divisions.
Chapter 14 – East Asia Calcium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019 – 2029
The chapter of the market study offers a country-wise overview of the calcium formate market for China, South Korea, and Japan and assesses the impact of key market divisions.
Chapter 15 – South Asia and Oceania Calcium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019 – 2029
The section of the report provides a country-wise analysis of the calcium formate market for India, Australia and New Zealand, ASEAN, and Rest of South Asia and Oceania countries and studies the significant market divisions.
Chapter 16 – Middle East and Africa Calcium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019 – 2029
This section of the market study offers a country-wise overview of the calcium formate market for South Africa, Turkey, GCC Countries, and Rest of Middle East and Africa and studies the crucial market segments.
Chapter 17 – Market Structure Analysis
The chapter offers information regarding the concentration of the players based on the tiers of companies. The market concentration and share acquired by each player have been included in this study.
Chapter 18 – Competitive Landscape
The chapter of the report analysis the degree of competition prevailing in the calcium formate market by assessing the industry structure and market share analysis with the help of competition dashboard.
Chapter 19 – Assumptions and Acronyms Used
The section comprises of comprehendible information regarding the assumptions and acronyms used in the report.
Chapter 20 – Research Methodology
The research methodology and key sources used to extract information apropos of the calcium formate market has been included in this section.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
The Rise of Intelligent Packaging
Personalized, Connected and Sustainable
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.