Sodium Formate Market in Numbers
- Predominantly averted by widespread availability of economically favorable alternatives, sodium formate sales have been sluggish over the recent past.
- Between 2013 and 2017, the global sodium formate market growth registered below 2% CAGR.
- Global sales of sodium formate exceeded US$ 210 Mn in 2018, and are expected to observe 2.8% CAGR through 2028, prominently driven by the sustained demand in production of sodium hydrosulphite – a popular bleaching agent used in paper and pulp industry.
- Europe is likely to remain the leading market for sodium formate, upheld by the strong presence of leading players and rising sodium formate adoption for de-icing applications at airport runways.
- In the light of increasing sustainability quest, the eco-friendly attribute of sodium formate is anticipated to help manufacturers pinpoint the most profitable opportunities.
For additional insights on the key dynamics influencing sodium formate market, request for the report sample.
Sodium Format Landscape - Competition Analysis
According to the Fact.MR study, consolidation of market leaders is characterizing the global competition landsacape of sodium formate market. While the key companies actively operating in sodium formate marketplaces are focused on retaining their global footprint on the basis of stronger sales strategies, improvement of their regional foothold will remain highly influenced by application-specific strategies. For instance, the European market for sodium formate has been recently observing prioritization of sodium formate production capacity expansion by regional leaders, who are keen on tapping the escalating demand for sustainable de-icing solutions for airport runways, bridges, and other structures within the region that always demand an effective de-icing treatment. On the other hand, followers in the competition landscape are likely to majorly rely on strategic partnerships to achieve a dual objective of enhanced manufacturing output and business expansion.
The Fact.MR study finds that the forerunners in sodium formate market have a primary focus on expanding their international establishments, with an increased emphasis on cementing their presence in lucrative markets of South Asia and East Asia. Growing stringency of the environmental regulatory standards have been resulting in a significant decline China’s domestic supply of sodium formate, which is subsequently challenging companies to keep abreast of evolving market dynamics. China’s tightening environmental regulatory framework will also remain a pivotal factor influencing production of sodium formate over the coming years.
Downstream manufacturing facilities specific to production of de-icing agents are garnering strategic interests of sodium formate market players. In line with the pricing volatility of raw materials used in the manufacturing of sodium formate, it is highly likely that an increasing number of manufacturers will leverage advancing technologies to explore their potential substitutes. Cosmetics is currently being perceived as an attractive application area by several sodium formate manufacturers, which signals a relatively progressing growth outlook for the sodium formate market in the near future. R&D investments will thus be an important part of developmental strategies adopted by companies operating in the sodium formate industry.
For a broader view of the competition landscape of sodium formate market, request for the report sample.
Key Growth Determinants - Sodium Formate Market
- Sodium formate has been lately witnessing increasing applicability in leather tanning formulations owing to its abilities to catalyze penetration of chrome in leather and add value to the end product’s quality. South Asia’s high-growth potential for sodium formate market banks on expansion of India’s leather industry. The market in this region is estimated to see a relatively higher, 3% Y-o-Y growth in 2019 over the revenues attained in 2018.
- There has been a considerable rise in adoption of solid form of sodium formate as a sustainable and effective de-icing solution, particularly for airport runways. When mixed with reliable corrosion inhibitors and other additives, sodium formate demonstrates brisk penetration into snow and solid ice layers surfacing concrete structures. A mass shift to biodegradable de-icing solutions is likely to favor sales of sodium formate in years to come.
- Sodium formate continues to gain traction from the oil and gas industry’s upstream sector, as sodium formate plays a crucial role in the production of clear brine - a vital chemical in work over and completion processes. Sodium formate fluids, such as cesium formate, continue to gain traction as ideal base fluids owing to the associated performance benefits of non-corrosive organic monovalent fluids over traditional divalent brines.
- Rising adoption of sodium formate with an objective to improve the brightness and color of dyeing/printing fabrics and paper continues to create opportunities for stakeholders. Moreover, the proven capability of sodium formate to enable advanced printing of polyester blended fabrics is cited a strong factor accounting for revenue generation from textile dyeing and printing applications.
- Catalytic efficacy of sodium formate with an added ‘eco-friendly’ attribute is currently garnering research interests from the field of green chemistry, thereby supplementing the opportunities for stakeholders.
- While several synthetic chemists have been screening commercially available, cost-effective, and relatively less-toxic agents for organic transformations, it is highly likely that sodium formate sales will gradually rise over the coming years.
For more incisive insights on the sodium formate market, request for the report sample
Key Challenges Facing Sodium Formate Market Players
- The precarious pricing structure of raw materials significantly accounts for the below average growth of the sodium formate market worldwide. Additionally, the continued end user preference for commercially attractive sodium formate substitutes such as low cost urea, will remain a major factor constraining the growth of sodium formate market.
- Although the demand for sodium formate as a de-icing agent remains modest, it is more likely that myriad cost-effective alternatives, which are already in use for de-icing purpose, will continue to pose strong competition to sodium formate sales in the forthcoming years.
- Hygroscopic nature that accounts for the convoluted handling and transport of sodium formate, is also a significant factor impeding the revenue growth of sodium formate market.
To garner additional information on the key dynamics of sodium formate market, get the sample of this report.
Potential Applicability of Sodium Formate as an Animal Feed Additive
Currently, multiple research studies on sodium formate are attempting to explore its potential as a feed additive, more precisely, as a feed acidifying agent. In the backdrop of sustained need for the presence of balanced dietary electrolyte in poultry and swine feed, sodium formate is likely to emerge as a potential additive to animal feed. The role of sodium formate in production of fermented dairy and soyproducts is also being examined in some of the ongoing studies.
Sodium Formate Market - Research Methodology
An extensive methodology and a holistic approach lay the foundation of the incisive insights on the sodium formate market landscape. The Fact.MR report provides exhaustive information pertaining to the growth prospects of sodium formate industry along with intriguing insights into the projection analysis of the market. Extensive primary and secondary research underpins the collection of actionable insights on the sodium formate market. The report on sodium formate market has also undergone cross-validation to certain the delivery of precise information to the market enthusiasts.
Request Research Methodology of this Report.
A recently compiled report of Fact.MR, titled “Sodium Formate Market Forecast, Trend Analysis & Competition Tracking – Global Market Insights 2019-2029,” gives a comprehensive analysis on the sodium formate market worldwide. Size of the sodium formate market has been gauged in a comprehensive manner and is presented in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (tons). The report also provides a thorough analysis and forecast on the different segments and the competitive landscape of the sodium formate market.
Chapter 1 - Sodium Formate Market Executive Summary
A concise summary of the sodium formate market has been provided in the first chapter of the report, which delivers a synopsis of key research findings, in tandem with information on the market structure. Opportunity assessment for various companies operating in the sodium formate market has been represented in form of the Wheel of Fortune. Key trends that are shaping the sodium formate market have also been mentioned in this chapter.
Chapter 2- Sodium Formate Market Overview
The report provides a succinct overview of the sodium formate market, which includes the introduction and a definition of sodium formate. A systematic breakdown of the sodium formate market is also given in this chapter.
Chapter 3- Sodium Formate Market - Key Trends
This part of the report sheds light on the key trends that are shaping the market scenario. The unique development trends in the sodium formate market have also been mentioned in this report.
Chapter 4- Sodium Formate Market Background
The fourth chapter of the sodium formate market report offers an incisive viewpoint of the market background, wherein a range of factors that have been impacting the demand for sodium formate have been discussed in detail. This chapter also offers information about the applications of the target product to aid the readers in evaluating the growth of sodium formate market.
Chapter 5- Global Sodium Formate Market Demand Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast, 2019-2029
The comprehensive analysis and forecast on sodium formate market has been offered in the fifth chapter of the report and its sub-sections. Imperative numbers, such as historical, current and forecast size of the sodium formate market in terms of volume are enumerated in the chapter.
Chapter 6- Global Sodium Formate Market - Pricing Analysis
The sixth chapter of the report gives in-depth analysis of sodium formate pricing in the markets across various regions. Further, a comprehensive overview of the pricing structure, detailed pricing analysis, current pricing strategies, and other key factors likely to remain associated with the overall pricing of sodium formate in market have been included in the report.
Chapter 7- Global Sodium Formate Market Demand (US$ Mn) Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast, 2019-2029
The comprehensive analysis and forecast on sodium formate market has been offered in the fifth chapter of the report and its sub-sections. Imperative numbers, such as historical, current and forecast size of the sodium formate market in terms of value are enumerated in the chapter.
Chapter 8- Global Sodium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029, by Application
This chapter of the report on sodium formate market offers information about the key market particulars, breakdown and forecast of the market on the basis of product applications.
Chapter 9 - Global Sodium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029, by Region
This chapter of the report on sodium formate market offers incisive insights related to sodium formate market performance in different regions. It also provides regional trends that are impacting the market growth worldwide.
Chapter 10 - North America Sodium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This part of the report on sodium formate market offers key insights related to North America sodium formate market, and also presents the regional trends that are shaping the market growth in this region.
Chapter 11 – Latin America Sodium Formate Market Analysis
This chapter of the study discusses sodium formate market details with emphasizing significant insights related to Latin America sodium formate market, and also mentions the regional trends that are shaping the growth of the market in this region.
Chapter 12 – Europe Sodium Formate Market Analysis
This chapter of the study report on sodium formate market details and vital insights related to Europe sodium formate market, and also provides the regional trends that are shaping the growth of the market in this region.
Chapter 13 – East Asia Sodium Formate Market Analysis
This chapter provide information about the performance of various market segments in different East Asia countries, including as China, Japan, and South Korea. Key trends impacting the growth of the sodium formate market in East Asia have been also provided in this chapter.
Chapter 14 - South Asia & Oceania Sodium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This chapter provides information about the performance of various market segments different parts of South Asia and Oceania, such as India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand, and Rest of South Asia and Oceania.
Chapter 15 - Middle East & Africa Sodium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This chapter lays down information about the performance of various segments of the sodium formate market in GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa.
Chapter 16 - Emerging Countries Sodium Formate Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This part of the report provides key insights related to the sodium formate market for emerging countries in the world, such as India and Mexico.
Chapter 17 - Market Structure Analysis
This chapter on the market structure analysis of sodium formate market offers a comprehensive outlook of the competition dashboard along with the market structure, and company share analysis, and the list of established and leading players in the market.
Chapter 18 - Competition Analysis
This weighted chapter of the report provides exhaustive assessment on the sodium formate market’s structure, along with the company profiles of all leading players in the market. Key companies profiled in the sodium formate market report include Asian Paints Ltd, Puyang Yongan Chemical Co., Ltd, Shandong Xinruida Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Metafrax JSC, Jiangsu Ruiyang Chemical Co., Ltd., Alder SPA, Chang Chun Group, Hawkins Inc., ZIBO RUIBAO CHEMICAL CO, Jiangs, Perstorp Holding AB, Methanol Chemicals Co., Kanoria Chemicals & Industries Ltd., and Addcon GmbH.
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions