Veterinary Progesterone Testing: Market Insights
Progesterone is the most significant hormone in reproduction of female dog. Progesterone is a steroid hormone which is produced by maturing follicles and by the corpora lutea. Frequent cause of infertility is seen in the dog due to inappropriate breeding time. Veterinary progesterone testing is commonly used to observe the parturition, ovulation and other cyclical abnormalities. Veterinary progesterone testing is important to understand the breeding time of a dog or when the process of ovulation will take place. Veterinary progesterone testing is most widely done on serum from properly drawn, processed, tested and transported samples of blood. Close monitoring of the levels of progesterone helps to predict the ovulation time of the female dog. It also helps to understand when the egg will get fertile and also predict the appropriate time for insemination.
Veterinary Progesterone Testing: Market Dynamics
Veterinary progesterone testing is expected to have considerable growth in the market. It helps the breeders to understand the ovulation period of the female dog and helps to plan the future breeding of the dogs. Veterinary progesterone testing also helps to estimate whelping date. Veterinary progesterone testing is the most essential test used to predict the ovulation period of females dogs and thus all these factors is driving the growth of veterinary progesterone testing market. Use of Radioimmune assay (RIA), Enzyme linked absorbent assay (ELISA) and Chemiluminescence (Immulite) for testing progesterone is widely used in veterinary clinics and hence it is expected to foster the growth of the veterinary progesterone testing market. There occurs certain limitations of the veterinary progesterone testing techniques. The blood samples taken for testing of progesterone should be assayed at the same time on each day. High cost of testing procedures may hinder the growth of veterinary progesterone testing market.
Veterinary Progesterone Testing Market: Segmentation
The global veterinary progesterone testing market is segmented by test types and distributional channel.
- Segmentation by Test Types
- Radioimmunoassay (RIA) veterinary progesterone testing
- Enzyme-linked immusorbent assay (ELISA) veterinary progesterone testing
- Chemiluminescence (Immulite) veterinary progesterone testing
- Segmentation by Distributional Channel
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Veterinary Specialty Clinics
- Commercial Laboratories
Veterinary Progesterone Testing Market: Overview
Veterinary progesterone testing is most widely used tool for predicting the ovulation for successful breeding. Veterinary progesterone testing is a reliable method and can be easily tested in female dogs. Moreover, veterinary progesterone testing plays a significant role if the female dog has failed previously to produce a litter as by the use of frozen semen, the ovulation test can be performed. Veterinary progesterone testing includes techniques such as Chemiluminescence, ELISA and RIA has been most significantly used techniques that provides optimum time of whelping, optimal time for mating, cause of infertility and whether the female dog has sufficient level of progesterone to maintain the pregnancy. Thus veterinary progesterone testing market seems to have significant market growth in near future. However, there are some alternative techniques to determine the time of breeding in female dogs which include vaginal cytology, luteinizing hormone (LH) testing and artificial insemination.
Veterinary Progesterone Testing Market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, the global veterinary progesterone testing market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East & Africa. North America followed by Europe is expected to have high growth in veterinary progesterone testing market due to adoption of new procedures, presence of high quality healthcare infrastructures for veterinary animals. Asia Pacific also seems to have potential growth in the veterinary progesterone testing market owing to rising adoption of pet and awareness of new technologies. Japan is expected to have considerable growth in veterinary progesterone testing market owing to increase in advancement of new technologies in the field of veterinary and increase adoption of pets has led to the growth of veterinary progesterone testing market. Middle East and Africa shown to have less growth in veterinary progesterone testing market due to lack of proper veterinary healthcare systems and less adoption of new techniques may hinder the growth of veterinary progesterone testing market.
Veterinary Progesterone Testing Market: Key Players
Some of the key players present across the value chain of the global veterinary progesterone testing market are Creative Diagnostics, Biocom Biotech, ubio Biotechnology Systems Pvt Ltd, BioChek, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., DRG Instruments GMBH, Biovenka, Bio-Equip, PerkinElmer Inc., Lee BioSolutions, Demeditec Diagnostics GmbH, TestLine Clinical Diagnostics s.r.o.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development