- The oral health ingredients market witnessed healthy growth at a volume CAGR of 3.2% between 2014 and 2018. By the end of 2018, the global sales of oral health ingredients reached 9.9 billion tons as demand for oral care products grew with increased prevalence of oral diseases.
- Currently, more consumers are willing to adopt healthy dental care habits, which is directly reflected in increased dental care expenditure. This will boost oral care ingredient sales to cross 10.3 million tons by the end of 2019.
- The oral health ingredients market is set to witness healthy growth at a volume CAGR of 4% through the forecast period between 2019 and 2029.
- As total dental expenditure per capita and sales of oral care products are significantly higher in North America, it is currently the leading market for oral health ingredients.
- Increasing oral care awareness campaigns by public and private sector to promote healthy dental care regime are spurring sales in emerging countries, such as Thailand and India. South Asia is emerging as a high-growth market for oral health ingredient stakeholders.
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Oral Health Ingredients Market?
- High prevalence of oral diseases in developing as well as developed countries has increased the sales of oral care and dental hygiene products. Steady demand for oral healthcare products is driving the oral health ingredients industry.
- Changing lifestyle and growing disposable income is triggering demand for high-quality oral healthcare products. Manufacturers are responding by including novel ingredients that aid in preventive care.
- Increasing sales of oral healthcare products with specialized benefits, such as teeth whitening, gum care, and halitosis prevention, has fueled innovation in oral health ingredients market.
What are the Key Challenges in the Oral Health Ingredients Market?
- Consumer awareness about dental products and brands is high, however, the same cannot be said of the ingredients used to manufacture these products. Brands need to effectively communicate the benefits of superior oral health ingredients to create a loyal consumer base.
- Consumer confidence remains a key influencer of buyer behavior in this category, and instances of product recall or potential side effects receive mainstream media attention. Ingredient suppliers need to tread carefully when creating novel formulations.
Oral Health Ingredients Market – Competitive Landscape
- In April 2019, Unilever SE – a British-Dutch transnational consumer goods company and a leading brand in the oral health ingredients market – announced that it has signed an agreement with The Procter & Gamble Company – an American multi-national consumer goods corporation – to purchase its oral care brands – Fluocaril and Parogencyl. Oral care products from both the brands specialize in cavity protection and gum issues. With this acquisition, the company aims to strengthen its position in the French and Spanish pharmacy channels.
Leading companies involved in the oral health ingredients market include BASF SE, Cargill, Ashland, DSM Nutritional Products, Henkel, Spectrum Chemicals, MANE, DUpont, Biosecure Lab, and Orkila. Key brands that have been assessed in the study include Johnson & Johnson, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Unilever SE, Procter & Gamble, and Colgate-Palmolive Company.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Oral Health Ingredients Market – Additional Insight
Green Dentistry Trends will Bolster Demand for Bio-based Oral Health Ingredients
Clean label movement has spread across the world to awaken consumers about the ingredients used in manufacturing of their favorite cosmetics or personal care products; the dental care industry is no exception.
Consumers are becoming apprehensive about oral healthcare products with harmful chemical ingredients. In addition, increasing trust on natural or herbal products over chemical-based products is inducing consumer interest towards oral healthcare products with bio-based oral health ingredients.
Currently synthetic oral health ingredients are used widely in the dental care industry, attributing to the cost-efficiency and application versatility in dental care products with specific properties, such as texture, flavor, and color. Owing to their manufactural advantages, the sales of synthetic oral health ingredients were nearly 3x higher than the sales of bio-based oral health ingredients.
Nonetheless, consumers are despising chemical-based products for their negative impacts on health. Moreover, the green dentistry trend is emerging as an important catalyst in growing popularity of oral healthcare products with bio-based oral health ingredients.
Dental healthcare professionals, including dentists and orthodontists, are recommending chemical-free oral care products. This is forcing manufacturers to adopt natural or bio-based oral health ingredients and adopt a clean label with a full ingredients list to boost sales.
Scope of the Report
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
A robust research methodology used during the course of the Fact.MR report to analyze growth of the global oral health ingredients market to provide readers with exclusive and actionable market insights. This section explains the secondary and primary research approaches used to derive the oral health ingredients market growth prospects. This study is backed by a two-step research process which is inclusive of various primary and secondary resources.
The information featured in the oral health ingredients market report is acquired through in-depth secondary and primary market research on the oral health ingredients market. The primary research methodology involves interactions with industry leaders and experts of oral health ingredients industry.
Secondary research provides valuable data about the oral health ingredients market which is acquired through diverse resources such as trade journals, press releases, company annual reports, paid resources, and other publications relevant to oral health ingredients.
Qualitative conclusions about the growth of the oral health ingredients market can be reached after studying industry-validated information about the oral health ingredients market.
- FAQs -
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.