Endoscopic Clips Market
Endoscopic Clips Market Analysis, By Application (Endoscopic Marking, Hemostasis, Others), By End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Clinics), and Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Endoscopic Clips Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Endoscopic Clips Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
The global endoscopic clips market is valued at US$ 487.5 million in 2023 and is forecasted to secure a revenue of US$ 997.2 million by 2033-end. Worldwide endoscopic clip sales are estimated to increase at 7.4% CAGR across the forecast period (2023 to 2033).
Increasing burden of digestive diseases and gastrointestinal disorders in people across the world is a prime factor that is projected to bolster demand for endoscopic clips in the future. Some of these diseases are colorectal cancers, gastroesophageal reflux disease, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
- As per statistics listed on the verywellhealth website, nearly 20% of the people in the United States are affected by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Government initiatives to promote healthcare infrastructure development and improve awareness regarding gastrointestinal and digestive disorders are also anticipated to promote endoscopic clip shipments over the coming years. The rising patient preference for minimally invasive surgeries and the growing availability of novel and advanced endoscopy surgical instruments also benefit market development through 2033.
Rising number of endoscopies being performed, growing incidence of obesity, expanding geriatric population, and technological advancements in medical equipment development and manufacturing are other factors that influence the evolution of the industry in the future. On the contrary, side effects associated with the use of endoscopic clips such as rectal bleeding and abdominal pain are expected to foil overall endoscopic clip demand over the coming years.
Stringent regulatory mandates governing product standards are also anticipated to prove to be a major challenge for endoscopic clip suppliers around the world. Endoscopic clip start-ups can also penetrate the marketplace by creating innovative products since the marketplace is competitive without many dominant endoscopic clip companies.
Endoscopic Clips Market Size (2023)
US$ 487.5 Million
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 997.2 Million
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Market Share of Endoscopic Marking (2033F)
North America Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
What’s Governing the Sales of Endoscopic Clips?
“Surging Popularity of Minimally Invasive Procedures”
In recent years, the demand for minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures has increased exponentially and this is projected to bolster demand for products such as endoscopic clips, colonoscopy clips, ultrasound clips, and other medical supplies. Faster recovery time and less hospitalization time are key benefits associated with minimally invasive procedures that are expected to boost their demand in the future.
Low procedural costs and better access to lesions are prime benefits of endoscopic clips that are estimated to bolster their demand over the coming years.
- Global demand for minimally invasive surgeries is forecasted to rise at 5.2% CAGR and attain a revenue value of US$ 10.5 million by the end of 2032.
“Growing Incidence of Gastrointestinal (GI) Bleeding Disorders”
The world has witnessed a notable increase in the prevalence of gastrointestinal health complications such as colorectal cancers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroesophageal hemorrhages, inflammatory bowel disease, etc., which is predicted to crucially influence sales of endoscopic clips across the forecast period. Endoscopic clips and endoscopy play a crucial role in the treatment and management of the aforementioned conditions, which is projected to benefit market growth in the long run.
- As per statistics listed on the World Cancer Research Fund International website, nearly 1.9 million cases of colorectal cancer were recorded in 2020 around the world and it is known as the third most common cancer.
An all-inclusive account of industry-governing prospects such as new developments, global demand, local supply, pricing trends, and safety regulations has been discussed extensively in this latest endoscopic clips market research report by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Why are Endoscopic Clip Suppliers Investing in Japan?
“Expanding Senescent Population to Offer Moneymaking Opportunities”
More than 30% of the Japanese population is over the age of 60 and this makes it a highly opportune healthcare market in the Asia Pacific region. The prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders is projected to rise on the back of the surging geriatric population in the country and substantially influence shipments of endoscopic clips throughout the forecast period.
Surging focus on early detection of diseases, increasing incidence of chronic diseases, rising investments in healthcare infrastructure development, and growing adoption of novel endoscopy procedures are other aspects that are estimated to guide demand for endoscopic clips in Japan over the next ten years.
- As per an article published on the Nippon website, around one in ten people suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in Japan.
Will European Countries Offer Remunerative Opportunities for Market Players?
“Poor Lifestyle Choices and Rising Prevalence of Obesity to Promote Endoscopic Clip Demand”
European countries have been recording an increase in the incidence of digestive disorders and diseases owing to poor eating habits, the adoption of sedentary lifestyles, and the growing prevalence of obesity. Increasing alcohol consumption is also a key factor that is resulted in the high incidence of digestive cancers among Europeans and promulgating the sales of endoscopic clips.
- In October 2022, a study on the burden of digestive diseases in Europe was published in the United European Gastroenterology Journal, which highlights the growing incidence of several digestive disorders across Europe. The report depicted that more than 300 million Europeans were suffering from some sort of digestive or gastrointestinal issues.
Rising focus on healthcare infrastructure development, growing investments in medical R&D, and surging adoption of minimally invasive procedures are other key prospects that could favor market growth in European countries such as Germany, the United Kingdom, France, etc. over the next ten years.
How Will Sales of Endoscopic Clips Fare in the United States?
“Favorable Reimbursement Policies and Presence of Developed Healthcare Infrastructure Supplement Demand”
Demand for endoscopic clips is projected to be significant in the United States and leading in the North American region across the forecast period. The presence of developed healthcare infrastructure, the surging incidence of gastrointestinal disorders, increasing preference for minimally invasive surgical procedures, and attractive reimbursement and insurance policies are key factors that promulgate shipments of endoscopic clips going forward.
Increasing investments in medical R&D from the public, as well as private sectors, are also expected to uplift market development in the future. The rapid adoption of novel and advanced endoscopic procedures is another key prospect that could benefit demand for medical equipment such as padlock endoscopic clips, ultrasound clips, hemostatic clips, etc. over the coming years.
Growing obesity and the adoption of sedentary lifestyles are also expected to play a crucial role in sculpting the demand for endoscopic clips going forward. Initiatives to promote awareness regarding gastrointestinal (GI) disorders in the country are also projected to favor market growth in the long run.
- In September 2022, the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), established in 1897, announced the launch of a new awareness campaign for bowel symptoms called Trust Your Gut. AGA also revealed new data that showed around 40% of Americans have disrupted their regular routines due to uncomfortable bowel symptoms, while 1 in 3 people stated that they would only talk about bowel symptoms if their doctor brought it up first.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
For What Purpose are Endoscopic Clips Most Widely Used?
“Endoscopic Clips Widely Used for Hemostasis”
Based on application, the market for endoscopic clips is segmented into endoscopic marking, hemostasis, and others.
Hemostasis is the process of formation of a blood clot at the vessel injury to stop the bleeding and prevent further blood loss. Hemostatic clips are used to stop bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract and are usually used to cure bleeding ulcers. Hemostatic clips provide excellent mucosal adherence and hence are the preferred choice for gastrointestinal applications of all sorts.
Surging prevalence of several gastrointestinal bleeding disorders is a prime factor that is projected to boost sales of hemostatic clips throughout the forecast period.
- Shipments of endoscopic clips for hemostasis are forecasted to rise at 7.5% CAGR over the next ten years.
Another notable application of endoscopic clips is endoscopic marking, which is used to precisely mark an area before any surgical procedure to minimize errors and bleeding. A rising focus on patient safety is anticipated to contribute to high endoscopic clip demand for endoscopic marking in the future.
- Endoscopic clips as endoscopic markers are estimated to account for nearly 1/3 of the global market share by the end of 2033.
Leading endoscopic clip manufacturers are focusing on launching new products with advanced capabilities that are estimated to promote their sales potential and drive revenue generation over the coming years.
- In March 2022, MicroPort Urocare Medical Technology (Jiaxing) Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of MicroPort Scientific Corporation dedicated to the production and sales of diagnostic and treatment devices for gastrointestinal interventions, urology, etc., announced that it had received marketing approval for its Ruyi Clip. China’s National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) approved the single-use hemostatic clip device and opened up commercialization opportunities for the company.
- In January 2022, Cook Medical, an American manufacturer of medical devices, unveiled its Instinct Plus Endoscopic Clipping Device with better functionality and extended indications.
- In July 2020, Olympus, a leading name in the endoscopy marketplace, announced the commercial availability of its EZ Clip endotherapy device, which is a rotatable and reloadable hemostasis clip designed to control bleeding and defect closure in gastrointestinal procedures.
Key Segments of Endoscopic Clips Industry Research
By Application :
- Endoscopic Marking
- Mucosal/Sub-mucosal Defects
- Bleeding Ulcers
- Bleeding Arteries
- Polypectomy Sites
By End User :
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global endoscopic clips market is valued at US$ 487.5 million in 2023.
Sales of endoscopic clips are expected to reach US$ 997.2 million by 2033-end, increasing at 7.4% CAGR.
Worldwide endoscopic clip shipments for hemostasis applications are set to rise at 7.5% CAGR over the next ten years.
Rising prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders and high demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures are key market drivers.
Ovesco Endoscopy AG, Cook Medical, Olympus Corporation, and Medtronic are leading endoscopic clip suppliers.