A photoinitiator is a molecule that creates reactive species such as free radicals, cations, or anions when exposed to radiation - UV or visible. Synthetic photoinitiators are key components used in photopolymers. These polymers are further utilized to produce photo-curable coatings, adhesives, and dental restoratives.
Some small molecules in the atmosphere can also act as photoinitiators by decomposing to give free radicals, as is in the case of photochemical smog. For example, nitrogen dioxide is produced in large quantities by gasoline-burning internal combustion engines. NO2 in the troposphere gives smog its brown coloration and catalyzes production of toxic ground-level ozone. Molecular oxygen (O2) also serves as a photoinitiator in the stratosphere, breaking down into atomic oxygen and combining with O2 in order to form ozone in the ozone layer.
Photoinitators can create a reactive species by different pathways including photo-dissociation and electron transfer. As an example of dissociation, hydrogen peroxide can undergo homolytic cleavage, with the O-O bond cleaving to form two hydroxyl radicals. Certain azo compounds such as azobisisobutyronitrile can also photolytically cleave, forming two alkyl radicals and nitrogen gas. These free radicals can now promote other reactions, thus acting as photoinitiators. Peroxides, nitrogen dioxides, and molecular oxygen are key atmospheric photoinitiators.
A compound that goes through a photoreaction after absorbing the light and creating a reactive species is called as photoinitiator. Photoinitiators have the capacity to catalyze or initiate chemical reactions, which result in remarkable changes in the physical properties and solubility of various suitable formulations. Therefore, this compound is able to transform light’s physical energy into appropriate chemical energy in the form of reactive intermediates. Polycondesation and polymerization reactions are typically achieve these change. Radiation curing or Photopolymerization is a process that is started by light and photoinitiator. This process change a formulation of soluble liquid into insoluble and hard polymer network which is cross linked. Physically and chemically the cured coating has resistant qualities and it used both to decorate and protect substrates for example metal, plastic and wood.
Photoinitiator market- Drivers
Ideal photoinitiators are simple and cheap synthesis. Besides, controlled and easy operation and formulation, low toxicity, and speed are some of the factors which are increasing the growth of photoinitiator market. To control the imaging processes photoinitiator is assumed as a key compound. Lately, there are many new and innovative developments have witnessed, and these developments include the need for cheaper visible/UV sensitizers with improved speed, water soluble and polymeric & co-reactive structures with low rates of migration. Although, effective and new cationic systems are expensive, still they are able to attract remarkable commercial and academic interest.
- Photoinitiators and light products are odorless and with low toxic
- They have higher efficiency to manage between photoinitiations’ initiator channeling
- Radiation source’s emission spectrum have to match with the photoinitiors’ absoption spectra and has a high level of molar extinction coefficient
- Photoinitiators are easy to store and they have a better stability
All these factors are fuelling the growth of photoinitiator market during the projected period. Photo
Photoinitiator market- Restraints
The CQ element in photoinitiator can hamper the growth of the market. Toxicity, low efficiency of polymerization and compromise the esthetics of dental composite restoration are some of the disadvantages of CQ element of photoinitiator. This compromise of esthetics of dental composite restoration is because of effect of residual and un-reacted molecules of CQ.
Photoinitiator market- Regional Overview
Asia- Pacific region is expected to be the rapidly developing market for photoinitiator. The evolution of construction, automotive, electronics and electrical and paint & coating industries in Asia- Pacific region is expected to create a tremendous growth of photoinitiator market. Recession of economy in China is responsible for the shift of foreign investment in other countries of Southeast Asia which has also resulted into the growth of photoinitiator market across the globe. In North America, the market for photoinitiator is stable and fragmented due to which competition among key players have increased. This region is technology driven and this is one of the reason for the constant growth of the photoinitiator market in North America.
Photoinitiator market- Key Companies
Some of the key companies functioning in the photoinitiator market are Polynaisse, IGM Resins, Gurun, BASF, JKT, Lambson, Hongtai, Arkema, Tronly, DBC, Tronly, Eutec, Yangfan, Jiuri Chemical, NewSun and IHT
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development