Market Outlook for Branched Chain Amino Acid Supplements Market
Branched chain amino acids are amino acids composed of amino acids leucine, isoleucine and valine amino acids. Basically, all amino acids are building blocks of proteins and branched chain amino acid supplements specifically help in building and training of the muscles and are especially applicable for athletes. The importance of the branched chain amino acids supplements was popularized in 1980 and is still significant in the sports nutrition industry today. The rise in the overall health supplements market is also indirectly leading to the growth of the branched chain amino acid supplements market. However, the side-effects and other disturbances in the body metabolism due to continuous intake are major obstacles to the growth of the branched chain amino acid supplements market. Currently, strategic efforts in the research and development sector to improve and better the quality of the products is trending in the branched chain amino acid supplements market.
Branched Chain Amino Acid Supplements Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
The health supplements trend has spread robustly amongst the consumers across the globe. To cater to the demand of this growing knowledgeable consumer base, manufacturers have expanded the business for the branched chain amino acid supplements market. The target audience which has boosted the growth of the branched chain amino acid supplements are mainly youngsters, who are quickly becoming acquainted with the health trends and are exploring various resources to satiate their demands. Other factors like the introduction of flavors in the products and developing branched chain amino acid supplements from alternative resources to make it clean label and vegan are on the rise in the branched chain amino acid supplements market. These trends are mainly prominent in Europe and North American regions and presence of key manufacturers is also concentrated in these regions. Macro-economic factors like increasing usage of dopes and drugs in the sports industry is leading to a strict quality control of branched chain amino acid supplements during the manufacturing processes and the market has evolved to include clearer quality information on the product labels.
Global Branched Chain Amino Acid Supplements Market: Segmentation
The branched chain amino acid supplements market is segmented on the basis of flavor, form and distribution channel.
On the basis of form, the branched chain amino acid supplements market is segmented as-
On the basis of flavor, the branched chain amino acid supplements market is segmented as-
- By Fruits
- Fruit punch
On the basis of distribution channel, the branched chain amino acid supplements market is segmented as-
- Store Based Retailing
- Pharmacy Stores
- Discount Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Independent Small Grocery
- Online Retailer
Global Branched Chain Amino Acid Supplements Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global branched chain amino acid supplements market are Scivation, Now Foods, Barbell Nutritions, Athens Labs Ltd., Quality Nutrition Technology (QNT), Optimum Nutrition, Inc, NutraBio Labs, Inc., NutriMed, CD Sport International, Biothrive Sciences, Betancourt Nutrition and LinusPro Nutrition ApS among others.
Product launches is a prominent strategy followed by the manufacturers in the branched chain amino acid supplements market. Other trends such as the rise in the marketing of alternative and vegan sources for the branched chain amino acid supplements are also indirectly supporting the growth of the market.
Global Branched Chain Amino Acid Supplements Market: Key Trends
In December 2015, the company Betancourt Nutrition, which is a manufacturer of sports nutrition and bodybuilding supplements, launched the product BCAA Plus which contains amino acids such as sustamine and taurine which aid in better absorption of water. These branched chain amino acid supplements are especially developed to elevate hydration after rigorous exercises.
In February 2016, the company Taiyo GmbH entered into partnership with BioFabrik based in Germany for the production and sales of grass protein which has since been marketed as a vegan branched chain amino acid supplement which has 30% extra level of amino acids as compared to other branched chain amino acid supplements developed from dairy sources.
Opportunities for Branched Chain Amino Acid Supplements Market Participants
Growing consumer awareness amongst the consumers in the Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America presents a good opportunity for the expansion of the branched chain amino acid supplements market. Also, there is a need for the expansion of retail outlets offering the branched chain amino acid supplements ensuring that the product is well within the reach of consumers who are looking for health supplements in the market.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development