Bunker Rakes Market
Bunker Rakes Market Analysis By Type (Attachments, Machines), By Rake Head Width (< 18 Inches, 18 to 24 Inches, 25 to 30 Inches, 31 to 36 Inches, > 36 Inches), By Application (Residential, Commercial, Public Gardens) and Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Bunker Rake Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Bunker Rakes Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
Global sales of bunker rakes are estimated at US$ 156.56 million in 2023 and are predicted to climb to US$ 272.54 million by the end of 2033. The global bunker rakes market is forecasted by Fact.MR to exhibit expansion at 5.7% CAGR over the next ten years.
Bunker rakes are extensively deployed to condition and keep sand traps in golf courses in perfect condition. Surging popularity of golf as a sport and an increasing number of people taking up golf as a leisure activity are estimated to be prominent drivers for market growth across the forecast period.
Growing popularity of backyard gardening and an increasing number of people involved in gardening activities around the world are also predicted to favour demand for garden bunker rakes over the coming years. Mechanical bunker rakes are estimated to be preferred over bunker rake machines owing to their simple mode of operation and affordability.
Plastic bunker rakes and wooden bunker rakes are currently witnessing high demand in the global marketplace. The rising focus on sustainability and reduction in the use of plastics in different industries is projected to impact shipments of plastic bunker rakes across the forecast period.
- In 2019, Standard Golf, a leading supplier of farm equipment and golf products, announced the launch of the first-of-its-kind 2-in-1 bunker rake called the Chief. It consists of a smooth side for rolling the bunker’s vertical face, and the other side having ridges for scraping the trap’s bottom. This bunker rake exerts a more consistent finish compared to its traditional counterparts. Although the Chief is designed for improving the bunker play of golfers, it can also be deployed for effective application on greens and fairways.
New bunker rake companies can focus on improving the design of bunker rakes to make them more ergonomic and improve their functionality by creating products that could replace other gardening or lawn management equipment. Bunker rake start-ups can also focus on collaborating with golf equipment companies to improve their sales potential and boost revenue generation capacity.
A detailed account of market factors such as new developments, product standards, local supply, pricing trends, and safety regulations have been mentioned in this latest bunker rakes market study by skilled analysts at Fact.MR.
Bunker Rakes Market Size (2023)
US$ 156.56 Million
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 272.54 Million
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
United States Market Value (2033F)
US$ 98.66 Million
United Kingdom Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Germany Market Value (2033F)
US$ 24.8 Million
China Market Value (2023)
US$ 51.51 Million
India Market Growth Rate (2018 to 2022)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Which Sport is Influentially Driving Bunker Rake Demand?
“Golf to Crucially Augment Market Growth”
The popularity of golf as a sport and leisure activity has been increasing noticeably around the world, which is projected to favor sales of bunker rakes in the future. The number of people playing golf in developing countries is growing at a rapid pace as more gold courses are being constructed in countries such as India, China, and Brazil.
- As per an article listed on Golf Educate, there were nearly 66.6 million golf players in the world in 2021, which depicted how popular the sport has become on a global scale.
More detailed insights regarding how golf is shaping up the demand for bunker rakes have been mentioned in this latest bunker rakes research survey by the skilled analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Why is the United States as a Highly Bankable Market for Bunker Rake Manufacturers?
“Rapidly Rising Number of People Playing Golf”
The United States is one of the most prominent countries in the world where golf as a sport has been gaining massive popularity recently. The presence of multiple golf courses, the growing involvement of people in outdoor leisure activities, and increasing sales of golf equipment are other aspects that could uplift sales of golf course bunker rakes over the next ten years.
- As per the statistics listed by National Golf Foundation (NGF), around 41.1 million Americans over the age of 6 played on-course and off-course golf in the year 2022. More than 20 million people had shown interest in playing golf, which shows how lucrative the future of gold is in the United States.
Golf still has room to grow in popularity in the country over the coming years, which is projected to further bolster shipments of bunker rakes. Major universities in the United States are also investing in the development of new golf courses and this could bolster bunker rake product demand over the coming years.
- Bunker rake sales in the United States are predicted to account for a value of US$ 98.66 million by 2033-end and are estimated to rise at a modest 6% CAGR over the next ten years.
Which European Countries are Investment-worthy Markets?
“Scotland, Ireland, United Kingdom – Prime Markets in Europe”
Europe is home to the country where golf originated, which is why the sport is highly popular in many countries in this region. Scotland is the place of origin for golf and is one of the most prominent markets for bunker rake companies in this region.
The presence of several golf courses and an increasing number of people playing golf in countries such as Germany, France, Ireland, and the United Kingdom are also slated to favor market growth in the future.
- Sales of bunker rakes in Germany are projected to rise at 6.4% CAGR across the forecast period to secure a revenue value of US$ 24.25 million by the end of 2033.
What Makes Asian Countries a Focal Point for Bunker Rake Vendors?
“Surging Focus on Golf Tourism Driving Bunker Rake Demand in the Region”
Governments of Asian countries are focusing on golf tourism to leverage their tourism strategies and boost economic growth, which in turn, is projected to bolster bunker rake shipments over the next ten years and beyond. The surging popularity of the night golfing trend in Japan is also projected to provide lucrative business opportunities for bunker rake suppliers over the coming years.
China, India, and South Korea are estimated to be other key markets in this region.
- Demand for bunker rakes in China is forecasted to increase at 6.1% CAGR over the next ten years and accumulate a revenue of US$ 51.51 million by 2033-end.
Rising per capita disposable income, the establishment of new golf courses, and the organization of new gold tournaments and championships in the APAC region are also forecasted to boost sales of golf course bunker rakes throughout the forecast period. Development of luxury resorts and luxury housing is also anticipated to promulgate demand for garden bunker rakes, lawn bunker rakes, and other types of manual bunker rakes over the coming years.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Which Bunker Rake Products Will Lead Market Expansion?
“Attachments to Witness High Sales Over Coming Years”
Based on type, the bunker rakes market is segmented into attachments and machines.
Bunker rake attachments have been witnessing robust sales as compared to machines and are projected to maintain a similar stance throughout the forecast period. The frequent launch of innovative new attachments to improve the multi-functionality of equipment is a key prospect fostering demand for attachments in the global marketplace.
- Bunker rake attachment sales are extrapolated to increase at 5.8% CAGR through 2033.
Bunker Rakes of What Head Width are Most Popular?
“Rakes of 18 to 24 Inch Width Account for Leading Market Share”
Based on rake head width, the bunker rakes market is segmented into < 18 inches, 18 to 24 inches, 25 to 30 inches, 31 to 36 inches, and > 36 inches.
Rake head width of 18 to 24 inches is preferred widely by commercial as well as residential consumers owing to its ease of use and accessibility. The size is perfectly suitable for many users and hence accounts for a prominent share of the global industry.
- Shipments of bunker rakes with 18 to 24-inch rake head width are anticipated to rise at 6.9% CAGR from 2023 to 2033.
Top manufacturers of bunker rakes are focusing on launching novel products to expand their business scope and gain a competitive edge over other market players.
- John Deere, with its introduction of a 1200H bunker rake, continues to aid golf courses and sports arenas by facilitating relevant maintenance operations. This new bunker rake offers the advantage of hydrostatic transmission, which enables excellent pushing and pulling power for imparting a trouble-free, premium finish to golf courses. This bunker rake also comprises operator-friendly features such as wide running boards and an adjustable seat.
- Momentus Sports’ new, revolutionary innovation – The Bunker Wizard™ was launched back in 2020 and has been relaunched in February 2023. The new equipment is considered to be a disruptive development in the global bunker rake market. The stainless steel construction ensures durability and reliability of the equipment, which creates a rooster-tail of sand and eliminates troughs & furrows that are common nuisances entailed by the use of bunker rakes. This new solution to smoothen sand in bunkers could possibly render bunker rakes obsolete in the future.
A detailed account of all developments has been exclusively discussed in this latest bunker rakes market research report by skilled analysts at Fact.MR.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Bunker Rakes Industry Research
By Type :
By Rake Head Width :
- < 18 Inches
- 18 to 24 Inches
- 25 to 30 Inches
- 31 to 36 Inches
- > 36 Inches
By Application :
- Golf Course
- Public Gardens
- Sports Turfs
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global bunker rakes market accounts for a valuation of US$ 156.56 million in 2023.
Worldwide demand for bunker rakes is set to rake in a revenue of US$ 272.54 million by the end of 2033.
Shipments of bunker rakes are predicted to increase at 5.7% CAGR over the next ten years.
Sales of bunker rakes in Germany are estimated to increase at 6.4% over the next ten years and reach US$ 24.25 million by 2033-end.
By the end of 2033, bunker rake sales in the United States are projected to reach US$ 98.66 million.