Panthenol Market in Numbers
- The panthenol market is estimated to be valued at ~US$ 220 million in 2019. Increasing demand for ‘value-added’ cosmetic ingredients that has been visibly growing over the recent past, is likely to remain the key factor boosting pantheol consumption.
- Prominently driven by the consistent expansion of the cosmetic and personal care industry, the growth of panthenol market is projected to register the CAGR of ~5% during the period 2019-2029.
- East Asia accounted for 30% revenue share in 2018, and continues to maintain lead in the panthenol market.
- High growth opportunities are expected to emerge in East Asia as well, in the view of improved purchasing power and expanding customer base of premium products.
- Emerging trends in the cosmetic industry, such as ‘medicinally’ active and ‘cosmetically’ functional products, are likely to prepare a strong ground for panthenol market growth.
The global panthenol market shows a high level of consolidation, with leading players, such as BASF SE, Royal DSM, Yifan Pharmaceuticals, and Xinfa Pharmaceutical, collectively accounting for 50-60% market share.
Recognizing a notable increase in the demand for panthenol across a number of end-use industries, key manufacturers are constantly focusing on expanding their manufacturing facilities and production capacities.
These key strategies are further intensified when Xinfa Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. completed the construction of new panthenol production plant in 2018, with a capacity of 3000 tons/year. Such a strategic move is likely to influence other market players to follow suit and increase their panthenol production capacities, as the demand for cosmetic products rises.
Innovations have also been forthcoming with the tectonic shifts in consumer behavior, coupled with the thriving trend of premiumization. Leading panthenol market players, such as BASF SE, are targeted towards new product developments for advanced applications that would be sold at high value across industries, including cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and food & beverages. It is highly likely that the market challengers will strategically follow the leaders in panthenol landscape, over the years to come.
Strong collaboration of industry stakeholders and leading market players is compelling key panthenol manufacturers to adopt a dual approach while designing their developmental strategies.
In addition to product portfolio expansion through multiple innovations, these manufacturers are focusing on partnerships and acquisitions, involving other stakeholders, for enhanced geographical footprint and expanded customer base.
Know More Details About the Report
Key Factors Shaping the Panthenol Market
- Use of panthenol has been significantly confined to personal care industry as an active ingredient for sophisticated cosmetic products, particularly for skincare and hair care.
- With growing proclivity of modern consumers for personal grooming, the demand for cosmetics and personal care products has been continuously on an upward swing, thereby fueling demand for panthenol.
- Resonating with the flourishing clean-label trend, the FDA–approved panthenol will continue to witness strong demand from end-use industries, including cosmetic & personal care, and food & beverages.
- Panthenol continues to garner traction as a viable ingredient in a number of food & beverage products for its high nutritional value. Growing demand for dietary supplements and fortified food products is weighing on the same scale as the rising adoption of panthenol in F&B industry.
- Looking at the increasing awareness about the health benefits of panthenol-based products and improved spending on premium food and personal care products, it is highly likely that the panthenol market will continue to see a progressive outlook in developing countries.
- The growth of E-commerce has been instrumental in creating new growth opportunities in the panthenol market, and the accelerated penetration of online sales channels is significantly contributing to the growth of panthenol market.
- Sensing the possible applicability of panthenol in cosmeceuticals, manufacturers are attempting the untapped potential of panthenol, by focusing on R&D activities, which is expected to be a significant booster to the panthenol demand in the global market.
Key Challenges Facing Panthenol Market Players
- Although the application scope of panthenol continues to ascend at a significant rate, threats of substitutes prevail in the market. Cosmetic manufacturers continue to adopt alternatives of panthenol such as propylene glycol and sorbitol for their relatively low cost which help reduce the overall cost of end products.
- Several stringent regulations have been imposed in countries like China regarding the production of panthenol, against the backdrop of difficulty in waste water handling, driving the price of panthenol to record high in recent times. This has added to the reluctance of end-use industries to incorporate panthenol in their products.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Panthenol – Making the Inroads into the Tattoo Industry and Beard Care Products
Significant attributes such as improving the appearance of skin, healing effect for the structure and function of living tissue, and deep penetrating moisturizing properties are paving way for panthenol application in tattoo industry. Many tattoo artists continue to recommend panthenol-based creams as an effective post-tattooing moisturizing cream, which is likely to open new avenues of growth of panthenol market.
Considering the nature of the product, panthenol manufactures are also focusing on capitalizing on rapidly growing male grooming market. Panthenol is now being widely used in various grooming products for men, especially in beard care and shaving goods.
Thorough analysis and comprehensive insights provided in the Fact.MR report on global panthenol market is a result of a two-step research process that involves primary and secondary resources. In the secondary phase, trade journals, company annual and financial reports, white papers, and industry associated publications related to panthenol market have been referred by the analysts in order to gain information and market size data.
The information was then validated through interviews and discussions with key manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, along with C-level executives, key opinion leaders, regional officers, and marketing managers of companies in the supply chain of panthenol.
Findings from these research processes were used to determine an accurate and detailed forecast of global panthenol market for the period 2019-2029.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
A recent report published by Fact.MR on panthenol market offers an in-depth analysis and growth perspective of the market for the period between 2019 and 2029. The report includes drivers, restraints, trends, opportunities, and challenges in the panthenol market. Fact.MR assesses the panthenol market at both macroscopic and microscopic levels to determine various aspects and nuances influencing the future development of the market. In addition to a detailed taxonomy, the report profiles a number of players in the panthenol market, wherein, product portfolio and development strategies of the players have been detailed.
Chapter 1 - Executive Summary
The report begins with an executive summary that includes summary of different key findings and forecast statistics of the panthenol market along with viewpoints of the analysts and key market characteristics.
Chapter 2 - Market Overview
This chapter of the report provides a brief introduction and concrete definition of the targeted product – panthenol. The panthenol market information has been classified into three broader categories and presented in the form of a taxonomy table.
Chapter 3 - Key Market Trends
The chapter covers the comprehensive analysis of various trends impacting the current outlook of the panthenol market. It also includes development trends to define the growth prospects of the panthenol market.
Chapter 4 - Market Background
The chapter provides basic market details of panthenol along with multiple sections explaining the global outlook of chemical industry, beauty & personal care industry, cosmetics industry, and emollients market. It also offers growth and development patterns in the panthenol market including key dynamics, macroeconomic factors, forecast factors, and value chain analysis.
Chapter 5 - Global Panthenol Market Demand Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast, 2019-2029
Under the chapter, the report provides historical statistics of the panthenol market in terms of volume (tons) for the period between 2014 and 2018, and their impact on the current and future statistics of the market. Y-o-Y growth trends analysis of the panthenol market has also been detailed in this chapter.
Chapter 6 - Global Panthenol Market - Pricing Analysis
The chapter offers a global pricing analysis of the panthenol market including regional pricing analysis and pricing break-up followed by global average pricing analysis benchmark.
Chapter – 7 Global Panthenol Market Demand (US$ Mn) Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast, 2019-2029
The chapter details historical value of the panthenol market for the period, 2014-2018. It is followed by current and future market value projections for the period between 2019 and 2029 along with Y-o-Y growth trend analysis and absolute dollar opportunity assessment.
Chapter 8 - Global Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029, by Type
This chapter provides the segment-wise analysis of panthenol market based on type. On the basis of type, the panthenol market is segmented into D-Panthenol and DL-Panthenol. Market attractiveness analysis by type of panthenol has also been provided in the chapter.
Chapter 9 - Global Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029, by Application
In this chapter, the report offers a comprehensive segmental analysis of panthenol market based on application which is classified into personal care, baby care, pharmaceuticals & dietary supplements, animal feed, food & beverages, and others.
Chapter 10 - Global Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029, by Region
The chapter covers a comprehensive analysis of the panthenol market for the historical period (2014-2018) and the forecast period (2019-2029). The report has categorized panthenol market into three broader segments including type, application, and region. It also covers market value, market share, and Y-o-Y growth comparison of all segments across different geographical regions.
Chapter 11 - North America Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
The chapter details key drivers, trends, opportunities and challenges prevailing in the panthenol market in North America. It also provides all-inclusive insights into the current scenario of North America panthenol market in the U.S. and Canada.
Chapter 12 - Latin America Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
The chapter provides an accurate forecast of the panthenol market in Latin America, and details exclusive insights into the regional market. Key countries assessed in the Latin America panthenol market are Brazil, Mexico, and rest of Latin America.
Chapter 13 - Europe Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
The chapter focuses on wide-ranging factors influencing the growth of panthenol market in Europe. It also includes market share analysis and market attractiveness analysis on the basis of country, type and application.
Chapter 14 - South Asia & Oceania Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
The chapter offer various drivers, latest trends, and challenges in the panthenol market in South Asia & Oceania. Extensive analysis of all the key countries in the region as well as the present and future scenario of the panthenol market in these countries have been provided in this chapter.
Chapter 15 - East Asia Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
Under the chapter, the report focuses on the new developments and opportunities present in the East Asia panthenol market. Detailed insights into market performance across different countries in East Asia are also provided in the chapter.
Chapter 16 - Middle East & Africa Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
The chapter covers important factors impacting the growth of the panthenol market in Middle East & Africa (MEA). Pricing analysis, historical market size, volume trend analysis by market taxonomy, current market size, and volume forecast of the panthenol market in the region have been included in this chapter.
Chapter 17 - Developing Countries Panthenol Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
In this chapter, the report focuses on several factors shaping the growth of the panthenol market in developing countries such as China, India, and Brazil. Market share analysis and elaborative insights on performance of all key segments of panthenol market in these countries have been provided in this chapter.
Chapter 18 - Market Structure Analysis
The chapter offers market analysis by tier of companies operating in the panthenol market. It is followed by market concentration and market share analysis of the top players.
Chapter 19 - Competition Analysis
The chapter provides a dashboard view of the competitive landscape of panthenol market along with competition benchmark. It profiles various companies, wherein, description, product offerings, key financial and development strategies, and regional presence of each key player in the heat pump market have been detailed.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.