Bio Decontamination Market
Bio Decontamination Market Analysis By Product & Service (Equipment, Services, Consumables), By End User (Pharma & Medical Device Companies, Life Sciences & Biotech Research Organizations, Hospitals & Healthcare Facilities), & By Region - Global Market Insights 2022-2027
Analysis of Bio Decontamination market covering 30 + countries including analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Bio Decontamination Market Outlook (2022-2027)
The global sales of bio decontamination equipment are currently valued at US$ 167 million and are predicted to increase at a CAGR of 4.5% to reach a market size of US$ 208.1 million by 2027.
Demand for bio decontamination services is expected to increase at a CAGR of 5% from 2022 to 2027.
Bio Decontamination Market Size (2022E)
US$ 167 Million
Forecasted Market Value (2027F)
US$ 208.1 Million
Global Market Growth Rate (2022-2027)
China Market Growth Rate (2022-2027)
Key Companies Profiled
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Revenue Analysis of Bio Decontamination (2017-2021) Vs. Market Forecasts (2022-2027)
According to the intended use of the space, cleanrooms, lab spaces, isolators, and biosafety workstations require a certain level of cleanliness and microbiological control. By using more conventional techniques, such as spraying and swiping an appropriate disinfectant onto a surface, decontamination can be done.
The biosecurity, Life Science, healthcare, experimental, food, IVF, and pharmaceutical industries all heavily rely on bio decontamination systems. One of the most affordable methods of virus decontamination is bio decontamination, resulting in it being frequently favoured over alternative techniques.
Expansion of the bio decontamination industry has been aided by the creation of innovative portable bio contamination equipment. In particular, hydrogen peroxide-based devices are strongly advised due to their material compatibility and safety. The market for bio contamination is expected to expand steadily during the forecast period because of the rise in hospital-acquired diseases and increased public awareness of virus prevention.
According to Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, over the next five years, the global bio decontamination market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% and reach US$ 208.1 million by 2027.
Which Industries are Supporting Sales Growth of Bio Decontamination?
“Sustained Need in Pharma & Biotech Industries”
Pharmaceutical firms use a wide range of bio decontamination tools, services, supplies, and extras, particularly when making parenteral (injectable) medications.
- According to the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries & Associations (EFPIA) global pharmaceutical product sales were valued at US$ 1,077,856 million in 2020.
- Also, the top 15 pharmaceutical companies spent US$ 133 billion on R&D in 2021, according to the Pharmaceutical Executive.
Demand for cutting-edge facilities outfitted with cutting-edge tools & machines and an effectively decontaminated environment (for effective and efficient manufacturing and research unit) is expected to rise in the coming years due to the rising R&D expenditure and the growing focus on the creation of new therapeutic and diagnosis and treatment products. This is regarded as a promising sign for the expansion of the bio decontamination market throughout the forecast period.
Additionally, the governments of several nations have established strict guidelines for the avoidance of virus contamination. The general tendency of outsourcing bio decontamination services to ensure effective decontamination is another factor supporting the market's expansion.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Where is Demand for Bio Decontamination Services High?
“Increased Chances of Acquiring Contagious Diseases in Hospitals”
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the ways healthcare facilities handle illnesses picked up in hospitals. Nosocomial-acquired illnesses that do not exist or incubate at the time you are admitted to a hospital are known as hospital-acquired infections (HAI).
Hospital infections or toxins are the primary cause of such infections. These infections include pneumonia acquired in hospitals, bloodstream infections linked to central lines, surgical site infections, pneumonia linked to ventilators, urinary tract infections linked to catheters, and infections with Clostridium difficile.
Immunosuppression, old age, prolonged hospital stays, several inherent illnesses, frequent visits to medical facilities, mechanical ventilation assistance, indwelling devices, recent invasive surgeries, and stays in critical care units are risk factors for HAI.
- The older population is at significant risk of catching infectious diseases due to their frequent hospital visits and weakened immune systems, according to a World Health Organization (WHO) report from October 2021.
As a result, the elderly population's weakened immune systems are predicted to increase their chances of contracting an infection, increasing the incidence of HAI and driving the growth of the bio decontamination market. HAIs are more likely to occur in people who have several underlying comorbidities, such as blood disorders, diabetes, cancer, and so on.
- Anemia among women of reproductive age was 29% in non-pregnant women and 38% in pregnant women, according to an article published in August 2021 with the title "Anemia among Women of Reproductive Age: An Overview of Global Burden, Trends, Determinants and Drivers of Progress in Low-Middle-Income Countries."
These individuals drive the market since they often visit hospitals and have increased infection risks. Demand for bio decontamination systems is therefore anticipated to have significant growth over the coming years as a result of the aforementioned factors.
Why is Demand for Bio Decontamination Services Less in Underdeveloped Nations?
“Budgetary Limitations of Healthcare Facilities & High Use of Manual Bio Decontamination Techniques”
Spraying, manually washing with formaldehyde or bleach, and wiping with an appropriate agent are a few of the usual manual bio decontamination techniques. Due to their cost savings, these technologies are still employed in several developing nations despite their drawbacks, such as difficulties with residual removal and issues guaranteeing coverage over the full area.
Furthermore, healthcare facilities and hospitals in some poor and underdeveloped nations still place less priority on bio decontamination since these nations place more emphasis on capital investments in medical equipment manufacturing and facility expansion. This is one of the primary aspects preventing the bio decontamination business in these nations from expanding.
What Makes North America a Profitable Regional Market for Bio Decontamination Product Suppliers?
“North American Governments Making High Investments in Healthcare Facilities”
Due to its strict standards governing patient safety, North America has a firm hold in the bio decontamination business. Expansion of the bio decontamination market in the region will also be aided by the increasing awareness campaigns that are being run about the benefits and necessity of bio decontamination.
Market growth is also anticipated to be aided by North America's robust healthcare sector expansion, rising hospital-acquired infection rates in the region, increasing geriatric population, increased government initiatives, and investments in healthcare facilities' hygiene.
During the forecast period, the Asia Pacific market is anticipated to increase at a promising rate. The Asia Pacific is expected to experience considerable growth in the bio decontamination market because of the rise in government support for healthcare infrastructure.
It is one of the top regions for exporters of pharmaceutical products, which gives a profitable opportunity for the industry's expansion. The region's bio decontamination market is also expected to rise in the next 5 years due to the advanced proliferation of hospitals and clinics.
Why are Sales of Biological Decontamination Services High in the U.S.?
“Need to Bring Down Rising Cases of Hospital-acquired Diseases”
- A patient in the United States contracts at least one infection every day while receiving hospital care, according to the "2020 HAI Progress Report Executive Summary" report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This statistic emphasizes the need for patient care practices to be improved in the nation's healthcare facilities. As a result, the prevalence of hospital-acquired diseases in the nation drives the demand for good hygiene maintenance, including regular hospital bed sheets and curtains replacement.
Given that frequent hospital admissions and prolonged hospital stays are anticipated to raise the prevalence of hospital-acquired infections. Since longer stays raise the risk of contracting infections, this is projected to fuel demand for biological decontamination services.
Which Asia Pacific Countries are Emerging as Profitable Markets for Bio Decontamination System Suppliers?
“High Production of Pharmaceutical Products in India, China, & Japan”
By 2027, several countries in the Asia Pacific region are anticipated to emerge as promising markets for bio decontamination due to an increase in pharmaceutical product production and export.
China, Japan, and India are accountable for the lion's share of the market expansion in this region.
- IBEF (India Brand Equity Foundation) reports that in April 2021, India's exports of pharmaceuticals and drugs totalled US$ 1.89 billion.
Increased development of hospitals and clinics is a result of the government's increasing support for the healthcare infrastructure. Thus, the above-mentioned factors boost sales growth of bio decontamination systems.
Will Hospitals & Healthcare Facilities Continue to Hold a Significant Market Share?
“Rising Cases of Nosocomial Infections Encouraging Strict Hospital Hygiene Care Management”
The market is anticipated to increase in the coming years due to factors such as rising nosocomial infections, these infections are commonly caused due to long hospital stays and are also known as hospital-acquired or healthcare-associated infections.
- In a large group of German hospitals, 1,136 patients were infected with a hospital-acquired multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), of whom 215 patients passed away, according to the report "Mortality Attributable to Hospital-Acquired Infections with Multidrug-Resistant Bacteria in a Large Group of German Hospitals" published in February 2020.
As a result, over the projected period, the high incidence and mortality rates linked to hospital-acquired infections are anticipated to fuel market expansion.
- According to the Healthcare-associated Infections Monitoring and Reporting report that was issued in January 2020, states that there are thought to be 220,000 hospital-acquired infections in Canada each year.
Therefore, a high prevalence of these illnesses is driving demand for effective hospital hygiene management, which is driving the target market growth in parallel.
- There were an estimated 653,000 hospital-acquired infections among the 13.8 million adult inpatients in National Health Service general and teaching hospitals in England, according to the report "Modelling the annual National Health Service (NHS) costs and outcomes attributable to healthcare-associated infections in England," published on January 2020. Of these patients, 22,800 died as a result of these infections.
The report discusses key developments in the bio decontamination industry as well as the inorganic and organic growth tactics resorted to by market players. Most companies are emphasizing organic growth strategies such as new product launches, product approvals, and acquiring patents and copyrights.
Mergers, alliances, and partnerships were examples of inorganic growth strategies that were observed in the market. These steps have made it possible for market participants to increase their customer base and revenue share.
With the growing demand for bio decontamination products and services in the worldwide market, market players can anticipate lucrative opportunities in the bio decontamination market over the coming years.
- The Ecolab Global Intelligence Center was developed in June 2022 by Ecolab so that professionals could analyse data from IoT-connected technologies to give real-time monitoring and quantifiable outcomes.
- The SteraMist Amazon Store, which offers the SteraPak Leading Disinfection System for various industries, was introduced by TOMI in December 2021. Expanding the sales channels will improve and streamline the customer's purchasing process.
- SteraPak, which employs iHP technology and provides a superior and reasonably priced substitute to electrostatic sprayers that have been recalled owing to safety concerns, was introduced in August 2021 by TOMI Environmental Solutions, Inc.
Bio Decontamination Industry Research Segments
By Product & Service :
By End User :
- Pharma & Medical Device Companies
- Life Sciences & Biotech Research Organizations
- Hospitals & Healthcare Facilities
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- FAQs -
Sales of bio decontamination services are expected to increase at 4.5% CAGR from 2022 to 2027.
The global bio decontamination market currently accounts for a valuation of US$ 167 million.
The global market for bio decontamination is projected to reach US$ 208.1 million by 2027.
The market for bio decontamination equipment in China is expected to expand at 4% CAGR.
Cherwell Laboratories, Fedegari Autoclavi S.p.A., JCE Biotechnology, STERIS PLC, Howorth Air Technology Limited, and TOMI Environmental Solutions, Inc are major companies in the bio decontamination market.