May 03, 2021
Demand for Shoulder Camera Bags to Remain High through 2031: Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
Demand for camera bags has been rising steadily over the years, with requirement from both, professional and non-professional photographers increasing. With surge in demand for shoulder bags, backpacks, and sling camera bags, manufacturers are expected to increase their customer base further over the coming years. Polyester and leather camera bags are expected to be the most popular across regions.
According to a new report by Fact.MR, the camera bag market will ascend at over 3% CAGR through 2031, with North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific creating new avenues for the growth of key industry players.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- High demand for shoulder bags likely to be witnessed.
- Growing demand for polyester and leather bags to aid industry growth.
- Low- and medium-priced camera bags to spur the growth
- Advancements in both, online and offline distribution channels to favor industry players.
- The United States to lead North America is the sales of camera bags.
- Germany remains at the forefront of the market for camera bags in Europe.
- The market in Asia Pacific to register the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- China, India, the United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, and a few other countries to maintain positive industry outlook.
“With growing inclination of people towards photography, manufacturers of camera bags are bringing in a wider variety of products made from various materials such as polyester, nylon, leather, and others.” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Photographers Accounting for Most Sales
With increase in sales of cameras, especially for photography by professionals, demand for different types of camera bags such as backpacks, slings, cases, and others is surging steadily. As stated in a report titled “27-4021 Photographers”, published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, photography is a highly lucrative global industry, while there is approximately 41,600 photography related employment opportunities in the United States alone. According to the report, the percentage of employment related to professional, scientific, and technical services is 2.99% in the United States, while the number of employment in professional photography is nearly 5,770 in California. This represents high demand for camera bags from photographers.
Who is Winning in this Space?
The global camera bag market offers a strictly competitive environment to its key players. In order to sail through the cut-throat competition, they are focusing on the quality and quantity of products.
- The Vitec Group Plc recently launched its new range of camera bags such as Gitzo, Lowerpro, Manfrotto, National Geographic, and Sachtler.
- Think Tank Photo, Inc. launched its new range of Think Tank Rolling Cases, Think Tank Shoulder Camera Bags, and others, a couple of years back.
More Valuable Insights
In its latest report, Fact.MR offers an unbiased analysis of the camera bag market, providing historical data for the period of 2016-2020 and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of type (shoulder bags, backpacks, sling bags, cases, and others), material (polyester, leather, cotton, nylon, and others), price (low, medium, and high), end use (professional photographers and non-professional photographers), and distribution channel (online [e-Commerce websites and company websites] and offline [specialty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, and others]), across seven major regions of the world (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and MEA).
About the Consumer Goods Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Consumer Goods team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analysed the Consumer Goods industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Shambhu Nath Jha
Sr. Consultant – Retail & Consumer Goods
E-mail: [email protected]