Pet owners attracted by Natural Ingredients in Pet Jerky Treat Market
With the pet lovers and owners inclining towards safe and natural ingredients, the pet jerky treat market is expected to transform significantly. The major pet jerky treat market players including Dogswell, a leading pet food brand are focused towards providing safe pet jerky treat to the pets with the goodness of natural and functional ingredients. With grain-free, novel-protein, US-sourced treats, and natural and functional ingredients types of pet jerky treat for the human companions, pet jerky treat market participants are catering to the changing needs of the pet owners.
Omaha Steaks, an American steaks retailer, introduced a new line pet jerky treat for dogs. The demand for dog food and treats in America has been rising significantly over the decades owing to the increasing American households to be a home for dogs. Understanding the dominance projected by the North American region on the pet jerky treat market, the launch of these new products in the pet jerky treat range is sure to open new doors of opportunities in the future. With the new pet jerky treat range, the company works towards catering to the needs of great flavor and healthy pet jerky treat.
Pet Jerky Treat Market: Introduction
Jerky meat is cured meat which has been preserved by cutting the meat into long, thin strips, and then drying it. Jerky meat can be preserved by methods such as dry curing, lethality treatment, and others. Meat for pet jerky treat is sourced from chicken, beef, duck, lamb, and pork, and is made with an additional combination of various vegetable products such as sweet potatoes and dry fruits. Pet jerky treats are preferred by pet owners, as they are rich in protein, and contain low levels of fat, hence making them ideal for supplementing the daily protein requirement of pets such as cats and dogs. Furthermore, pet jerky treats such as chicken jerky treats are typically gluten-free. Gluten is a composite of glutelins and storage protein. Gluten can cause skin problems, digestive disease, and allergy in dogs. Alongside the nutritional profile, jerky treats are ready to serve, and do not require any other preparation, thus providing convenience to pet owners. All these factors have resulted in the inclusion of pet jerky treats in the product portfolios of key players. However, according to the Food and Drug Administration, over 3,600 dogs suffered from diseases and over 500 died in the U.S from 2007 to 2013 by eating jerky treats, which caused a setback in the global jerky treat market, as no prominent cause of the illness was detected by the FDA, but they warned to avoid jerky treats manufactured in China. Hence, key players are manufacturing their products in the U.S. and Europe, and labelling the origin of their products with the respective regions, as they have stringent government rules and regulations to adhere to for the production of cured meat, which results in a sense of assurance among pet owners. Moreover, there is an increasing shift among pet owners opting for natural diets for their pets, which is expected to drive the growth of the global pet jerky treat market over the forecast period.
Pet Jerky Treat Market Segmentation
The pet jerky treat market is classified on the basis of source, pet type, distribution channel, and region.
On the basis of source, the pet jerky treat market is segmented into chicken, duck, lamb, beef, pork, and others.
On the basis of pet type, the pet jerky treat market is segmented into dogs and cats.
On the basis of distribution channel, the pet jerky treat market is segmented into hypermarkets/supermarkets, pet stores, departmental/ convenience stores, online retail, and other retail channels.
Global Pet Jerky Treat Market Drivers and Restraints
The demand for nutritional food for pets, long shelf life, and increasing number of pet lovers, globally, are powering the growth of the pet jerky treat products market. Moreover, pet jerky treats act as a good appetizer for pets, and the availability of various specialty products such as organic jerky treats, grain-free, etc., coupled with the increasing demographics of pet owners are expected to stimulate the growth of the global jerky treat market. However, a major restraint of the pet jerky treat market is the illness and deaths of pets associated with jerky treats, which has resulted in some hesitation among pet owners in buying jerky treats.
Pet Jerky Treat Market Regional Outlook
On the basis of geography, the pet jerky treat market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, CIS, Russia, Japan, and Asia Pacific excluding Japan. In the global pet jerky treat market, Europe and North America dominate the market value share, as these regions have a high population of pets, coupled with high disposable income, followed by APEJ and then Japan. APEJ is expected to lead the market in terms of growth over the forecast period, as there has been an increased penetration of pet food in the region, while Japan and MEA are anticipated to experience substantial growth.
Pet Jerky Treat Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the pet jerky treat market are Mars, Inc., Nestlé S.A. (Purina), Big Heart Pet, Inc, Dogswell, TDBBS, LLC, Rocco & Roxie Supply Co., Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc., and other regional players.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Pet Jerky Treat Market Segments
- Global Pet Jerky Treat Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013-2017
- Global Pet Jerky Treat Market Size & Forecast, 2018 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Pet Jerky Treat Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Global Jerky Treat Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for the global pet jerky treat market includes:
- North America Pet Jerky Treat Market
- Latin America Pet Jerky Treat Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Europe Pet Jerky Treat Market
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep., etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia Pet Jerky Treat Market
- Japan Pet Jerky Treat Market
- APEJ Pet Jerky Treat Market
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa Pet Jerky Treat Market
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprints
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development