Ammonium Phosphatide Market
Ammonium Phosphatide Market Analysis By Application (Bakery, Confectionary), By Origin (Natural, Synthetic), By Function (Emulsifier, Thickener, Gelling Agent, Stabilizer), By Region - Global Forecast 2018-2028
Analysis of Ammonium Phosphatide Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Global Ammonium Phosphatide Market Outlook
- In June 2007, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a GRAS notification allowing its use as an emulsifier in vegetable fat coatings and chocolates. Ammonium phosphatide market has picked up pace ever since, witnessing healthy growth at 4% CAGR during 2013-2017
- In 2018, the ammonium phosphatide market exceeded US$ 38.5 million, and it is likely to grow consistently at 6.1% per annum during 2018-2028
- Europe will continue to be the largest market for ammonium phosphatide, as chocolate and confectionery manufacturers in leading European countries, such as Germany, as well as Eastern European countries are rapidly replacing lecithin with ammonium phosphatide as an emulsifier
- South Asia is likely to emerge as the fastest growing market for ammonium phosphatide with a mounting number of food additive manufacturers investing in developing Asian countries, such as India and Indonesia
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
What’s Driving the Ammonium Phosphatide Market?
- Being a non-GMO and allergen-free emulsifier, ammonium phosphatide is gaining popularity in chocolate manufacturing as a sustainable alternative for lecithin in chocolate manufacturing. Ammonium phosphatides are outperforming and replacing lecithin in giving chocolate manufacturers more control over chocolate’s plastic viscosity and improving consistency of the end-product
- Though chocolate industry is one of the leading industrial customers for ammonium phosphatide market players, increasing applications of ammonium phosphatide in ice cream coatings is supporting market growth
- Owing to its neutral and odorless flavor profile, ammonium phosphatide is likely to witness increasing demand as a food additive in various food applications, as it does not have a negative impact on the flavor of end-products
- Ammonium phosphatides prove to be cost-saving and energy-efficient food additives for confectioners, as other emulsifiers, such as lecithin, consume more cocoa butter and other food ingredients and add to the manufacturing costs
- Growing consumer preferences for food products with low-calorie and low-fat ingredients will bolster applications of ammonium phosphatide as a healthy food additive in various food manufacturing sectors
- Favorable regulatory framework can boost applications of ammonium phosphatide in the food industry, as the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) Panel recently re-evaluated the safety of consuming ammonium phosphatides (E 442) as a food additive at permitted use levels without creating any safety concerns
What Challenges are Stakeholders Facing?
- Business strategies of the ammonium phosphatide market players mainly depend on trends in the chocolate industry, and uncertainties associated with the global demand for confectioneries and chocolates can impact growth of the ammonium phosphatide market
- Increasing concerns about health and weight control are encouraging consumers to adopt healthy dietary habits, which is creating an aversion to high-fat products, such as chocolates and confectioneries, among health-conscious consumers. This is likely to restrict the applications range and create challenges for manufacturers in ammonium phosphatide market.
Ammonium Phosphatide Market: The Competitive Landscape
- In October 2018, Palsgaard A/S – a leading manufacturer in the ammonium phosphatide market – announced that it has collaborated with four new distribution partners – ATOM FZCO, Alawsaj General Trading Co. Ltd, Brenntag Saudi Arabia, and Gusto – to carry the full portfolio of Palsgaard emulsifiers and stabilizers in the Middle East. The company aims to improve its presence in leading Middle Eastern countries, such as Qatar, Oman, Yemen, Kuwait, Bahrain, Iraq, and United Arab Emirates, with the help of its new distribution partners.
- In October 2018, Lasenor Emul, S.L. – another leading player in the ammonium phosphatide market – announced that it has launched its new organic soya lecithin product – Verolec Organic. The company also declared that the new organic soya lecithin is originated in the U.S. with USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) Organic Certification. This may make a significant impact on the competitive landscape of the ammonium phosphatide market.
- In March 2018, Puratos NV – a leading manufacturer of ingredients for the chocolate, patisserie, and bakery sectors – announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire PMG Premium Mühlen Gruppe GmbH & Co.’s Plange Bakery Ingredient Business. With this acquisition, Puratos aims to add Plange Bakery Ingredients’ famous products to its portfolio and establish a strong presence in the European market for baked goods and bakery ingredients.
- In December 2018, Kerry Group Plc – a public food company based in Ireland – announced that it has reached agreement to acquire Southeastern Mills North American coatings and seasonings business (SEM) and Ariake USA, the North American Business of Ariake Japan Co. for €325 million. The company declared that it aims to strengthen its foodservice positioning and technology portfolio in sync with its growth strategies.
Leading stakeholders, including manufacturers and suppliers, in the ammonium phosphatide market featured in the Fact.MR market report include Palsgaard A/S, Fine Organics Industries Private Ltd, and Lasenor Emul, S.L.
Other key players from the related ingredient markets include BASF SE, Cargill Inc., Puratos NV, DowDuPont Inc., Ivanhoe Industries Inc., Lonza Group Plc, Kerry Group Plc, Stephan Company, and Oleon NV.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Ammonium Phosphatide Emerging as a Sustainable Emulsifier in Confectionary Industry
Though ammonium phosphatides as food additives find their place in the recipes of various food products, such as bakery, dairy products, and ice cream, confectioneries remain their top application. Confectioners are more inclined towards using ammonium phosphatides over lecithin in various products, including chocolates, micro sweets, cocoa butter, and other cocoa products.
Manufacturers in the ammonium phosphatide market are aiming to capitalize on increasing growth of the chocolate and confectionery industry, as ammonium phosphatide is widely used as a non-allergen and non-GMO emulsifier in chocolate and confectionery manufacturing.
Confectioners and chocolate manufacturers hold a significant share in growth of the ammonium phosphatide market worldwide. Thereby, leading manufacturers in the ammonium phosphatide market are developing strategies to target confectioners and chocolate manufacturers to improve profitable sales of ammonium phosphatide as emulsifiers.
Methodology Used to Compile the Report
A systematic approach is adopted to study growth of the ammonium phosphatide market between 2013 and 2028. A robust research methodology is implemented to reach the most accurate predictions about how the ammonium phosphatide market will grow through 2028.
Primary and secondary research methodologies include the analysis of industry validated information about production and sales of ammonium phosphatide and the data acquired from leading stakeholders, including manufacturers, distributers, and suppliers, in the ammonium phosphatide market. Fact.MR ensures to provide readers with reliable information and actionable insights about growth prospects of the ammonium phosphatide market.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Ammonium Phosphatide Market
By Application :
- Cocoa Butter
- Cocoa Products
- Micro Sweets
- Ice Creams
- Fillings and Coatings
By Origin :
By Function :
- Gelling Agent
By Regions :
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
- FAQs -
Europe is expected to be the most dominant region in the global market for Ammonium Phosphatide
Ammonium Phosphatide Market is Expected to Grow at 4.5% CAGR