Global AMOLED Displays Market: Overview
In recent years, adoption of smartphones and wearable devices has improved, which in turn, is driving the growth of the AMOLED displays market. AMOLED displays, these days, come with HD displays that offer clearer images. Active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) is an energy-efficient and rapidly-developing lighting technology in the display industry. The flexible AMOLED displays are widely used in the manufacturing of mobile phones and wearables devices as they utilize less energy and are cost-effective as compared to other displays. AMOLED displays also offer crystal clear images, which makes them useful for consumer electronic devices. AMOLED displays are most commonly used in the manufacturing of gaming devices and OLED TVs as they offer better image quality than LED displays. AMOLED displays are presently being used in various consumer electronics segments, especially smartphones. Growing use of consumer and commercial products, such as smartphones, smart watches, cameras and TVs, etc., is expected to drive the growth of the AMOLED displays market in the coming years. Materials used in the manufacturing of AMOLED displays are degradable are comply with EPA regulations & policies. The degradable materials used in the production of AMOLED displays are creating growth opportunities for AMOLED displays across different verticals. Environmental regulatory agencies in various countries have accepted these degradable materials used in the production of AMOLED displays across the globe.
AMOLED displays are energy efficient and consume low power, which is creating growth opportunities in the AMOLED displays market. Also, declining prices of AMOLED displays and higher adoption of these displays in the production of TVs, cameras and wearable devices are the primary factors boosting the growth of AMOLED displays market.
Global AMOLED Displays Market: Dynamics
AMOLED displays are energy efficient and consume less power compared to LED, LCD and fluorescent lamps, which is expected to boost the growth of AMOLED displays market.
One of the factors restraining the growth of AMOLED displays is the higher production cost of AMOLED displays due to their complex nature of manufacturing. Also, poor quality of screen displays and shorter lifespan of AMOLED displays are the other factors that can hamper the growth of the AMOLED displays market.
Global AMOLED Displays Market: Segmentation
The AMOLED displays market can be segmented on the basis of display type, material type, application and region. On the basis of display type, the AMOLED displays market can be segmented into conventional, transparent, 3D and flexible displays. On the basis of material type, the AMOLED displays market can be segmented into polymer, glass and others. On the basis of application, the AMOLED displays market can be segmented into consumer electronics, retail, automotive, healthcare, industrial and others.
By Display Type
By Material Type
- Consumer Electronics
Global AMOLED Displays Market: Competition Landscape
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global AMOLED Displays market include LG Electronics, Samsung Electronics, AU Optronics, Panasonic Corporation, Sony Corporation, Dresden Microdisplay, Novaled AG, Beijing Opto-Electronics, EverDisplay Optronics, Sharp Corporation, BOE Display, etc.
Global AMOLED Displays Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the AMOLED displays market and will be followed by North America and Europe. The market in the Asia Pacific is expected to witness high growth in the AMOLED displays market due to the presence of prominent AMOLED display vendors in countries, such as China, Korea and Japan, etc. Growth in the usage of AMOLED displays in consumer electronics sector is expected to boost the AMOLED displays market in the North America region. Also, vendors in Europe are focusing on the adoption of a variety of AMOLED displays in various verticals, which is creating potential growth opportunities for AMOLED displays in this region. Latin America & MEA is projected to contribute a significant share to the global AMOLED displays market over the forecast period.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Global AMOLED Displays Market Segments
- Global AMOLED Displays Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Global AMOLED Displays Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for AMOLED Displays Market
- Global AMOLED Displays Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in AMOLED Displays Market
- AMOLED Displays Technology
- Value Chain of AMOLED Displays
- Global AMOLED Displays Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis of Global AMOLED Displays Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of LatAm
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep., etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development