Dental Lasers Market – Key Insights
- The global dental lasers market grew at an impressive CAGR of 7.6% during the 2012-2016 period on the back of increasing number of edentulous population and adults who have immediate dental needs.
- Rise in adoption of cosmetic dentistry and advanced dental care services are likely to impact the growth of dentals lasers market, which is estimated to expand at 9.0% in 2019 through 2018.
- Dental lasers market in North America is projected to surpass a value of US$ 250 million by 2022-end, growing at a highly significant CAGR of 10% over the forecast period.
- North America will also remain the most attractive market for dental lasers during the 2027-2022 period. According to CDC, approximately 27% U.S. adults suffer from tooth decay, while 46% of adults aged 30 and above suffer from gum diseases. Prevalence of gum-related diseases is foreseen to boost the adoption of dental lasers in the region.
What is Driving the Growth of Dental Lasers Market?
- Expensive cosmetic dentistry procedures such as dental lasers have been gaining momentum in the recent years on the account of high purchasing capabilities among population across both developed and developing nations. This is expected to directly translate into the growth of dental lasers market.
- Growing geriatric demographic along with edentulous cases remains a key factor driving the dental lasers market at the global level. Among world’s elderly population, 20-80% is edentulous and 60-80% has immediate dental needs.
- The dental lasers market is likely to earn high traction in the foreseeable future, due to rising incidences of periodontal diseases such as bleeding in gums and untreated tooth decay. Nearly 47% of adults aged 30 years and above are observed to be affected by at least one form of periodontal diseases, while the the percentage of adults who are devoid of natural teeth was around 30% for those aged 65-75 years, as reported by CDC.
- With government initiatives to spread awareness about oral health and rising consumer concerns regarding dental hygiene, the trend of oral treatment has transformed from traditional methods to advanced treatment. Increase in demand for painless laser technology and minimally invasive procedure that reduce the usage of drills and avoid anesthesia are likely to create lucrative opportunities for key manufactures of dental lasers.
- Owing to advances in technology, laser dentistry and cosmetic dentistry have not only overcome the drawbacks of conventional methods but also found surging applications in extraction of tooth, reconstruction and fabrication of dental prosthetic connections, and others. These advances are anticipated to open new avenues for growth of global dental lasers market.
- Globally, high spending on healthcare on the back of stable economic growth and increasing disposable income will continue to complement the overall growth of dental lasers market.
What are the Challenges Deterring the Expansion of Dental Lasers Market?
- Advanced dental treatments and care services are generally associated with high cost which may have a negative impact on the growth of global dental lasers market.
- Easy availability of alternative products and lack of technical expert in handling the devices are expected to influence a passive growth of the dental lasers market.
- Depending on affected area and preexisting surrounding tissue or components including tooth and gums, many procedures may prevent the use of dental lasers. In addition, these lasers can’t be used on teeth that already have some types of fillings, especially metal amalgam. These are deemed to be restraining factors of the dental lasers market.
Dental Lasers Market – Competitive Landscape
- In February 2019, AMD Lasers introduced the latest addition to its line of soft-tissue lasers, Picasso Clario®. The new Clario® package is designed specifically for dental hygienists, including a streamlined navigation for relevant treatments.
- In January 2019, BIOLASE, Inc., a key player in dental lasers market, announced a joint product promotion with dental instrument manufacturer Hu-Friedy at two major dental meetings in 2019. The new partnership is aimed at addressing soft tissue management at the earliest stages. They will feature a cross-promotion that offers exclusive deals and product samples for complementary lines of products.
- In October 2018, Convergent dental announced ‘The Next Generation of Solea’; Solea® is the world’s first computer-aided, CO2 all-tissue laser system. According to the company, the latest advancements provides a quantum leap of performance at all levels along with improved ergonomics, software upgrades, better accessibility, and lower footprint.
Other leading players operating in the dental lasers market include Elexxion, LUMENIS, A.R.C. Laser, Danaher, IPG Photonics, Dentsply Sirona, and Ivoclar Vivadent AG.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
FDA Approvals to Enhance the Sales of Dental Lasers
Increase in approvals of dental lasers by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other related agencies has been creating a lot of enthusiasm in the global market of dental lasers. In the past few years, leading manufacturers of dental lasers have won a number of regulatory approvals, enabling them to launch a range of products.
Based on product type, yttrium aluminum garnet lasers will contribute the largest share to the dental lasers market, accounting for over half of the total revenue share. The yttrium aluminum garnet lasers segment is estimated to cross a value of US$ 360 million by 2022-end, growing at a robust CAGR of 10.4% during the forecast period.
The Fact.MR report on dental lasers market is a result of a thorough and exhaustive research methodology. The actionable and detailed insights into global dental lasers market are obtained through a two-step research process involving both primary and secondary resources.
The secondary research was conducted by particularly studying trade journals, paid resources, and other associated publications relevant to dental lasers market. The primary research, on the other hand, involved interviewing industry experts. Results from these processes were triangulated to determine the accurate and complete forecast of dental lasers market for the period 2017-2022.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.