Mining Pipes Market
Mining Pipes Market By Material (Steel Mining Pipes, Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic Mining Pipes), By Use (Below 100 Psi Mining Pipes, 100 - 200 Psi Mining Pipes), By Pipe Size (Below 100 Mm Mining Pipes, 100-500 Mm Mining Pipes), By Mining Type (Underground Mining, Open Surface Mining), By Application (Mining Pipes For Dust Suppression, Mining Pipes For Heap Leaching) - Global Market Insights 2018 To 2028
Fact.MR’s mining pipes industry analysis reveals that global demand enjoyed year-on-year (YoY) growth of 5.5% in 2021, to total a valuation of around US$ 6 Bn. HDPE mining pipes displayed positive growth of 7% to total a market valuation of around US$ 4 Bn, while steel mining pipes was up 2.5% to top US$ 1.3 Bn.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Key Market Insights Covered in Mining Pipes Industry Survey:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2016-2031)
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Market Share Analysis
- Assessment of Unit Shipments, Installation, and Assembly Prices
- New Installations / Sales including Retrofit
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Mining Pipes and How to Navigate
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
Revenue Analysis of Mining Pipes from 2016 to 2020 Compared to Demand Outlook for 2021 to 2031
As per Fact.MR - a market research and competitive intelligence provider, from 2016 – 2020, the mining pipes market has shown a moderate growth rate of around 0.4% owing to the unprecedented outbreak of Covid-19 that severely impacted the supply chain and hindered the demand trajectory. However, it is presumed that the market will portray healthy growth of nearly 6.5% during 2021-2031.
Innovations in material have led to reduced diameter, compact design, and improved flexibility and fluid flow in pipes. Overall weight reduction has helped in easy transportation of fluid and installation.
Intensifying energy consumption across the globe has given significant opportunities for the exploitation of numerous minerals, including coal, petroleum, and natural gas. Moreover, rising industrialization across the globe is likely to boost demand for raw materials, including coal, copper, iron, nickel, etc.
The swelling mining industry is an evident sign for the market, which is presumed to augment use of mining pipes over the coming years.
- Demand for steel mining pipes is expected to increase at a CAGR of 4% over the forecast period and to be valued at US$ 1.9 Bn.
- Stainless steel mining pipes are expected to garner an absolute $ opportunity of nearly US$ 250 Mn over the forecast period.
- Alloy steel mining pipes are estimated to account for 28% market share by 2031-end and gain 100 BPS in market share.
- Sales of fiberglass mining pipes are projected to grow 1.5X during the forecast period, while demand for carbon fibre reinforced plastic mining pipes is projected to grow 1X.
- Aramid fibre reinforced plastic pipes are projected to account for over 75% market share over the next ten years.
- HDPE mining pipes are expected to garner an absolute $ opportunity of nearly US$ 4.6 Bn owing to rising use in the mining and oil & gas industry.
- Demand for below 100 psi mining pipes is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.5% and be valued at US$ 1.3 Bn by 2031.
- Demand for below 100 mm mining pipes is expected to rise at a CAGR of 7% and be valued at US$ 55 Mn by the end of the forecast period.
Will Surging Investments and Increasing Infrastructure Augment Demand for Mining Pipes?
Foreign institutional investors are investing in private sector mining companies, seeing huge growth potential and decent return on investment. Increasing investments from private equity firms and asset management companies in steel companies and mining equipment manufacturers show that demand is expected to upsurge.
For instance, under the Invest India program, the country auctioned total 19 coal blocks in 2020 for commercial mining, which have a combined capacity of around 51 MPTA. Total expected revenue from all these mines are around US$ 0.9 Bn.\
In addition, around 67 more mines are likely to be auctioned in 2021. With increase in foreign direct investments, the mining industry is likely to prosper and thereby drive demand for mining pipes.
Conventional industries are notable consumers of minerals, and demand for these minerals is expected to increase during the forecast period. Minerals are a leading raw material for industries. The manufacturing sector accounts for the most share in mineral utilization, such as the telecom industry, construction industry, maritime industry, etc., and provide the most number of jobs as well.
Post pandemic, mineral demand is expected to rise due to increase in expenditure by governments on infrastructure. Construction and infrastructure development will boost demand over the coming years.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
What are the Restraints Mining Pipe Manufacturers Face?
Political instability largely impacts several countries. Trade wars are normally done by large countries to lessen imports from any particular economy. Recently, the U.S. reduced imports from China, which is giving an advantage to many other countries.
Many countries increase taxes on particular materials to decrease imports of those materials. Trade war between two countries disrupts supply chain management and hinders the economy of both countries. This leads to a fall in consumption, stockpiling of previous output, increase in domestic prices, and reduction of mining activity.
Moreover, political instability heavily impacts permission grants to new mining projects and delays ongoing projects for political benefits. In addition, militancy, outbreaks of violence, and protests that have emerged regarding establishment of mining sites have severely impacted the mining business. This, in turn, is problematic for pipeline projects, exploration, expansion, and extraction of minerals.
Which Regions Offer Large Opportunities for Mining Pipe Suppliers?
The market in East Asia is expected to incline at a CAGR of 7.4% over the assessment period and corner a significant market share of nearly 28%.
In 2021, demand for mining pipes hiked at 5.4% on a y-o-y basis, whereas, East Asia is likely to register growth at 6.5% on a y-o-y basis. However South Asia & Oceania is presumed to be a lucrative region owing to several mines coupled with numerous government initiatives towards industrialization.
China is set to be the most prominent and dominating market in terms of demand for mining pipes throughout the evaluation period. HDPE mining pipes are likely to augment demand in the view of their numerous advantages over conventional steel pipes.
Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East & Africa collectively account for nearly 33% of global revenue, including Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Germany, Russia, Norway, the U.K, Poland, GCC countries, Turkey, and South Africa. These countries are expected to foresee a moderate growth rate during the assessment period.
East Asia, South Asia & Oceania, and North America will account for nearly 67% of global revenue, including the U.S, Canada, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and Thailand.
Why are Mining Pipe Producers Eyeing China?
China is one of the most dominating countries across the globe in the mining sector, and is not expected to witness a slowdown over the decade. Despite Covid-19, economy pullback, and a trade war with the United States, China has produced more than 50% of the world’s steel and added more than US$ 1.2 Bn GVA in 2020 from mining pipes
China also accounts for a significant amount of production of numerous rare earth metals. For instance, in 2019, the country has produced 90% of rare earth metals.
In addition to the aforementioned vital factors, China is also equipped with top mining companies that are likely to augment demand for mining pipes in an inclined phase. Robust manufacturing capabilities with a blend of easy and economical availability of raw materials and skilled man power will propel the market for mining pipes in China over the evaluation period.
How is Mining Pipe Demand Shaping across Established & Emerging Markets?
Japan: Japan is likely to corner minimal global revenue share owing to lowest on-shore mineral resources. Japan has very minute deposits of conventional commodities such as iron, coal, oil, and minerals, which potentially restricts market expansion in the country for mining pipes.
India: India is a mineral-rich country and produces job opportunities for more than 700,000 individuals, contributing almost 2.5% to the GDP and nearly 10% - 11% of total industrial sector GDP. The country is equipped with some giant mining companies that will drive demand for mining pipes over the coming years.
Australia: In Australia, mining is one of the most prominent industries and is responsible for more than 10% GDP. The country is one of the biggest exporters of iron ore, bauxite, coal, alumina, and many other minerals.
Africa: Africa accounts for 11.7 miles of mining land and owns one of the largest mineral industries on a global scale. Mineral exploration still contributes a significant part to the economy and aids growth of the region. Africa is the largest producer of diamond and platinum group metals.
U.S: The mining industry in the United States is comparatively bigger than most other industries, employing more than 670,000 employees and registering gross output of nearly US$ 650 Bn. Owing to this, demand for mining pipes is presumed to be linear over the evaluation period.
Interested to Procure The Data
Why are HDPE Mining Pipes Seeing High Demand across the Globe?
HDPE mining pipes are gaining momentum steadily and expected to corner more than 76% of global revenue share by 2031. Applicability across multitude avenues of mining owing to numerous advantages and unique characteristics over conventional steel pipes will supplement the growth trajectory.
HDPE mining pipes are well-suited to deploy on rugged terrains, changing environments, and extreme weather conditions. HDPE pipes are free from corrosion and restrict chemical reaction between the surface of the pipe and fluid flowing through it.
Leak-free joints, abrasion resistance, and long life and flexibility give these an upper hand over other materials.
Will Demand for Steel Mining Pipes Increase?
Economically available steel pipes leads to their high usage in the industry. Demand for steel pipes is set to rise at a moderate CAGR of 3.6% over the evaluation period. Initial capex of steel pipes is less than HDPE or PE pipes, but the longevity of steel pipes is less due to corrosion and less abrasion resistance.
Steel pipes are heavy and cannot be transported easily. Demand is increasing as economies are reviving after the pandemic outbreak. Steel and many other commodity prices are at all-time highs due to the construction sector boost and high infrastructure spending by many governments. Steel pipes have a unique advantage of high resale value over other types of polymer-based pipes.
Most players involved stainless steel mining pipe manufacturing considered in the report are primarily leaned towards capacity expansion and strengthening their sales and distribution networks.
- On 6 June 2021, Sumitomo Metal announced plans to spend US$ 424 Mn to boost production capacity for cathode materials. This will be useful for manufacturing secondary batteries and will extensively be utilized for electric vehicles.
- On 21 April 2021, Nippon Steel launched “ZAM®-EX”, a highly corrosion-resistant coated steel sheet that can be useful for various end-use industries.
- In 2019, Tenaris acquired a leading position in the Saudi steel pipe industry. Due to this, the company was able to expand its geographical coverage in the Middle East.
- EEE PEW In 2018, the 12-meter production line for clad pipes was considerably extended and optimized for production expansion in the Erndtebrück unit. Moreover, new machines and advanced measuring equipment was also introduced to the production facility to manufacture clad pipes according to customer demand.
- On 8 June 2021, Vallourec developed a new advancement in its pipeline solution. Vallourec and World Oil organized a live seminar for showcasing Intelligent Pipe Solutions, which will be useful for monitoring oil wells from the inside.
Mining Pipes Market Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
|Units for Value US$ Mn|
Key Regions Covered
Key Countries Covered
Key Market Segments Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Available upon Request
Market Segments Covered in Mining Pipes Industry Research
- Steel Mining Pipes
- Stainless Steel Mining Pipes
- Carbon Steel Mining Pipes
- Alloy Steel Mining Pipes
- Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic Mining Pipes
- Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic Mining Pipes
- Aramid Reinforced Plastic Mining Pipes
- High Density Polyethylene Mining Pipes
- Steel Mining Pipes
By End Use
- Below 100 Psi Mining Pipes
- 100 - 200 Psi Mining Pipes
- Above 200 Psi Mining Pipes
By Pipe Size
- Below 100 mm Mining Pipes
- 100-500 mm Mining Pipes
- 500 - 1000 mm Mining Pipes
- Above 1000 mm Mining Pipes
By Mining Type
- Underground Mining
- Open Surface Mining
- Placer Mining
- In-situ Mining
- Mining Pipes for Dust Suppression
- Mining Pipes for Heap Leaching
- Mining Pipes for Pit Dewatering
- Mining Pipes for Water Transportation
- Mining Pipes for Process Slurry
- Mining Pipes for Solution Mining
- Mining Pipes for Processing Water
- Mining Pipes for Mine Dewatering
- Mining Pipes for Tailing Transportation
- FAQs -
The global mining pipes market is worth more than US$ 6 Bn at present.
Sales of mining pipes are projected to increase at a CAGR of over 6.5% during 2021 - 2031.
Value sales of PE pipes for mining increased at a CAGR of 0.4% during 2016 - 2020.
Demand for HDPE mining pipes is soaring owing to their efficiency, which has led to a shift in preference.
Growing industrialization and expanding demand for metals across multitude avenues stands as the core driver for the market.
Top 5 manufacturers of mining pipes account for around 25% share in the market, as per ratings on the basis of market share, market reach, clientele, etc.
Top 5 countries driving demand for mining pipes are the U.S., Germany, China, Australia, and India.
North America accounted for over 18% of global mining pipe demand in 2020.
The European market for mining pipes is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2021 - 2031.
The United States, Germany, and China are major producers of mining pipes.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.