Increasing Demand for CEMS (Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems) to Support the Demand for Thermal Energy Flow Meters
Thermal Energy Flow Meter Market: Introduction
A thermal energy flow meter uses the thermal properties of a fluid to measure the movement of the fluid in a duct or pipe. In a thermal energy flow meter, a measured volume of heat is applied to the heater of the sensor. A certain amount of this energy is lost during the flow process and as the flow rises, more energy is lost. The quantity of energy lost from the sensor is dependent on the thermal properties of the fluid and sensor design. The thermal pressure properties of a fluid can differ with temperature and pressure, although these variations are typically insignificant in most of the applications. Thermal energy flow meters can be used to estimate the mass flow of the fluid on account of the fact that thermal flow measurement is not dependent on the temperature or pressure of the fluid.
However, in most applications, the properties of a fluid can be dependent on its composition. For these applications, the different composition of a fluid during real operation may disturb the thermal flow dimension. Consequently, it is significant for a thermal energy flow meter provider to know the composition of the fluid so that the suitable standardization factor can be handled to decide the flow rate precisely. Attributing to this limitation, thermal energy flow meters are commonly applied to measure the flow of unadulterated gases. Manufacturers can provide appropriate standardization information for other gas combinations, but the precision of a thermal energy flow meter is dependent on the real gas mixture being identical as the gas mixture used for standardization purposes. In another sense, the precision of a thermal energy flow meter standardized for a provided gas combination will deteriorate if the actual flowing gas has a different composition.
Thermal Energy Flow Meter Market: Dynamics
Increase in the use of CEMS, coupled with the development of technologically-advanced thermal flow meters, is expected to support the market demand. Also, the increasing demand from end-use industries such as oil and gas, power, pharmaceutical and textile, water and waste, pulp and paper, metals and mining, chemical, food and beverage is likely to spur the demand for thermal energy flow meters in the coming years.
From a regional perspective, the thermal energy flow meter market has been divided into nine region such as Middle East, Western Europe, Latin America, Eastern Europe, SEAPAC, China, Japan, North America and India. North America and Western Europe are estimated to grow at significant CAGRs over the forecast period.
Thermal Energy Flow Meter Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the thermal energy flow meter market has been segmented into:
- Insertion thermal energy flow meter
- Portable thermal energy flow meter
- Inline thermal energy flow meter
On the basis of application, the thermal energy flow meter market has been segmented into:
- Residential thermal energy flow meter
- Commercial (water & waste treatment, chemical & petroleum, paper and pulp industries, food & beverages) thermal energy flow meter
On the basis of component, the thermal energy flow meter market has been segmented into:
- Services thermal energy flow meter
- Devices thermal energy flow meter
- Thermal energy metering thermal energy flow meter
- Heat cost allocation thermal energy flow meter
- Hot and cold sanitary water metering thermal energy flow meter
- Wirelessly connected data collection tools and technologies thermal energy flow meter
- Sensors thermal energy flow meter
Thermal Energy Flow Meter Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants/vendors identified in the thermal energy flow meter market are:
- ABB Ltd.
- Shenitech LLC
- Landis+ Gyr AG
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- Emerson Electric Co.
- GE Electric Co.
- Sierra Instruments Inc.
- Enercare Connections Inc.
- Kamstrup Group
- Fluid Components LLC
- Sage Metering
- Elster Water
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development