- The sulfate-free shampoo market recorded a value CAGR of nearly 3% during the period, 2013 to 2018. Gains in the sulfate-free shampoo industry during this period were mainly driven by growing consumer awareness regarding impact of climate change on their skin and hair, in line with the introduction to sulfate-free products capable of combating the issues.
- Revenues from the sulfate-free shampoo market exceeded US$ 3,600 Mn in 2018, and is estimated to register a Y-o-Y growth at over 3.5% in 2019.
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to retain its supremacy in the sulfate-free shampoo market, driven by the region’s recovering economy and growing middle-class population with their rising GHDI.
- The sulfate-free shampoo market is expected to witness higher growth in APEJ, compared to other markets, with India at the forefront in terms of revenue.
What are key aspects driving growth of the sulfate-free shampoo market?
- Consumer awareness on irritation of surfactants-based shampoos to the scalp, and hair damage, continues to surge. This has significantly influenced the demand for sulfate-free shampoos among consumers, in light of their milder formulations and prevention of itchy scalp and dry hair, despite repeated use.
- Introduction of pre-formulated performance concentrates that facilitate the formulation and preparation of sulfate-free personal care products, has augured well for the sulfate-free shampoo industry players.
- In line with the demand for non-irritating personal care formulations, vendors in the sulfate-free shampoo market have launched novel blends with the claim of easing manufacturers’ efforts to accelerate their shift toward softer shampoo product variants.
- The “free-from” trend has witnessed pervasive popularity, extending beyond food & beverage products, to consumer goods and personal care. As the primarily considered inherent ingredient – sulfates – in shampoos have gradually been frowned upon by consumers in the recent past, demand for shampoos free from sulfates has gained a tremendous surge.
- Sulfate-free shampoo sales are also influenced by their comparatively competent attributes when it comes to effective hair care, such as prevention of scalp damage, split ends, and retention of the natural oils and color of the hair.
Know More Details About the Report
What are the key challenges that need to be addressed by the sulfate-free shampoo market players?
- Retaining the radical properties of the hair care products, while ridding the sulfates, has been one of the key concerns among the sulfate-free shampoo market players. These manufacturers are now eyeing the development of novel formulations, to save on cost, time, and resources for achieving the product development with improved performance.
- Development of the sulfate-free shampoos with high oil levels continues to remain one of the significant challenges among the industry players, against the backdrop of their viscosity, texture, stability, and foaming properties. This has further led the introduction of anionic surfactants, which are particularly suitable for foaming cleansing and high oil-containing formulations of hair care products.
Sulfate-free Shampoo Market – Competitive Landscape
- Solvay Novecare has recently launched its Miracare® SOFT S-525, a sulfate-free shampoo, but can be used for hair as well as a body wash. Solvay claims that its new product runs well with the current trend in the personal care industry toward softer products.
- REWOTERIC® AM C, a highly skin and hair compatible amphoteric surfactant, enables strong viscosifying and foaming properties, in addition to being preservative-free. Systematic tests have been carried out for the product, and it has been proved that this sulfate-free surfactant system is significantly beneficial to improve hair health.
- Herbal Essences entered into a strategic partnership with Environmental Working Group, for launching its new sulfate-free shampoo products, namely, Birch Bark extract and Honey & Vit B. These products have been launched under the EWG guidance for deeming their safety and environmental friendly nature.
Key players operating in the sulfate-free shampoo market include Loreal S.A, Avlon Industries, Inc., Hindustan Unilever Ltd., Procter & Gamble, AG Hair, Pravana, Johnson and Johnson, Sephora USA Inc., Nexxus, Christina Moss Naturals, Bio Veda Action Research Co., Vogue International LLC, Natura Supply Co., Aura Vedic, Himalaya Herbals, California Baby, Patanjali Ayurveda, MamaEarth, Babo Botanicals, Sundial Brands LLC, Leonor Greyl USA, and Giovanni Cosmetics Inc.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Liquid Shampoos Remain the Preferred Variant
Liquid shampoos have been sought-after among consumers, primarily in light of their ease of use and convenience.
Liquid shampoos account for over 70% of sales of sulfate-free shampoos worldwide, with sales in 2018 estimated at revenues worth over US$ 2,800 Mn. However, dry shampoo or “shampoo bars” according to the latest trend have been gaining palpable momentum across the globe.
These dry variants rid the requirement of bottle packaging and prevent spillovers and relevant issues, which in turn has led them into witnessing widespread acceptance among travel enthusiasts in particular. The economic nature of these shampoo bars has further driven their sales in the developing and underdeveloped nations, where price remains the most important aspect for consumers.
The environmental benefits of shampoo bars in terms of being plastic-free, bio-degradable, naturally conditioning, and super-concentrated, continue to drive their popularity.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Insights and forecasts of the sulfate-free shampoo market offered in this report are backed by a robust research methodology. The research approach followed involves comprehensive primary and secondary researches.
Analysts developing this report have carried out extensive face-to-face and telephonic interviews with leading sulfate-free shampoo industry players to gain first-hand information and derive appropriate insights.
Exhaustive secondary researches have been conducted to gain more intelligence into the trends, growth determinants, impediments, and opportunities, for key players operating in the sulfate-free shampoo market. Information obtained through primary interview have been used to validate the insights gained from secondary researches, and the data collected overall has been finally validated from our in-house industry experts.
This report serves as an authentic source of intelligence for the sulfate-free market players, who can leverage the information in the report for making the factual and triumphant decisions for the future trajectory of their businesses in the sulfate-free shampoo market.
Fact.MR recently published a report that offers a comprehensive assessment of the sulfate-free shampoo market for the forecast period between 2019 and 2027.
The report provides holistic insights into current and future prospects of the sulfate-free shampoo market, along with the analysis of micro- and macro-economic aspects that have a significant influence on growth of the sulfate-free shampoo market. In addition, the report also offers analysis on most important dynamics and key trends in the sulfate-free shampoo market.
Chapter 1 – Executive Summary>
The report commences with an executive summary, wherein a concise of key finds and key statistics have been included, along with the analysis on demand and supply side trends in the sulfate-free shampoo market. An opportunity assessment for the sulfate-free shampoo industry players has also been offered in this chapter.
Chapter 2 – Sulfate free Shampoo Market Overview>
The second chapter gives an overview of the sulfate-free shampoo market, which involves a concise introduction to the market landscape and an accurate definition of the target product – sulfate-free shampoo. A taxonomy table included in this chapter methodically highlights key segments identified in the report.
Chapter 3 – Key Market Trends>
This chapter gives a brief assessment on key trends gaining traction in the sulfate-free shampoo market, and their impact on its growth. Intelligence on the product innovation efforts of the industry players, and the developmental trends witnessed in the sulfate-free shampoo market landscape have also been included in this chapter.
Chapter 4 – Sulfate-free Shampoo Market Background>
The report succeeds with the intelligence on the sulfate-free shampoo market’s background, with the analysis on key areas, namely, per capita expenditure on personal care products, number of product launches, and hair care industry associated claims, value chain and social sentiment analysis.
In addition, this chapter also includes in-depth assessment on the consumer buying behavior, market dynamics, macro-economic factors, value chain and forecast factors and their relevance and impact.
Chapter 5 – Key Success Factors>
Key success factors for the industry players and overall growth of the sulfate-free shampoo market have also been analyzed in the report. These success factors include product adoption and their usage analysis, product USPs and their features, and the promotional strategies of leading and emerging players in the sulfate-free shampoo market.
Chapter 6 – Sulfate-free Shampoo Market Pricing Analysis>
This chapter offers pricing analysis of the sulfate-free shampoo manufacturers, based on region, pricing breakup, and the global average pricing analysis benchmark.
Chapter 7 - Sulfate-free Shampoo Market Analysis and Forecast>
The report then proceeds with an exhaustive analysis and forecast of the sulfate-free shampoo market. A segmental assessment has been offered on the sulfate-free shampoo market, based on product type, nature, buyer type, distribution channel, price, consumer orientation, packaging type, and functionality.
Chapter 8 – North America Sulfate-free Shampoo Market>
The eight chapter of the report offers an all-inclusive study of the sulfate-free shampoo market in North America. Country level analysis on the North America sulfate-free shampoo market include, the US and Canada. Assessment on key segments in the North America sulfate-free shampoo market has also been offered in this chapter.
Chapter 9 – Latin America Sulfate-free Shampoo Market>
This chapter offers an exhaustive assessment on the sulfate-free shampoo market in Latin America, along with a country-level analysis including Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and Rest of Latin America.
Chapter 10 – Europe Sulfate-free Shampoo Market>
This chapter offers an in-depth study of the sulfate-free shampoo market in Europe. Assessment of prospects regarding the market segments has been delivered for key regional countries including EU-4, the U.K., BENELUX, Nordics, Eastern Europe and Rest of Europe.
Chapter 11 – Japan Sulfate-free Shampoo Market>
This chapter offers analysis of the sulfate-free shampoo market in Japan, and covers important market numbers such as volume and revenue, market share, and Y-o-Y growth of the market in the country.
Chapter 12 – APEJ Sulfate-free Shampoo Market>
The sulfate-free shampoo market in Asia-Pacific excluding Japan has been analyzed in this chapter. Key countries assessed under the APEJ sulfate-free shampoo market include Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN Countries, South Korea, India, and Greater China.
Chapter 13 – MEA Sulfate-free Shampoo Market>
This chapter offers an all-inclusive study of the sulfate-free shampoo market in the Middle East & Africa (MEA). Country level analysis on the MEA sulfate-free shampoo market include, GCC countries, North Africa, South Africa, Turkey and Rest of the MEA.
Assessment on key segments in the North America sulfate-free shampoo market has also been offered in this chapter.
Chapter 14 – Sulfate-free Shampoo Market Competitive Assessment>
This concluding chapter of the report offers comprehensive assessment on the sulfate-free shampoo market’s competitive structure, along with a dashboard view of key companies identified and analyzed in the report. Company share analysis, and occupancy of these market players based on region have also been highlighted in this chapter.
Chapter 15 – Company Profiles>
Key companies operating in the sulfate-free shampoo market, as identified in this report, include Loreal S.A., Avlon Industries, Inc., Hindustan Unilever Ltd., Procter & Gamble, AG Hair, Johnson and Johnson, Sephora USA Inc., and Bio Veda Action Research Co.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
The Rise of Intelligent Packaging
Personalized, Connected and Sustainable
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.