Interesterified Fats Market Overview
Interesterified fats were introduced as a suitable replacement for Trans fats. Interesterified fats have been chemically or enzymatically altered to improve their texture, nutritional profile, melting point & shelf stability. They’re produced by combining stearic acid, found in chocolate and considered a relatively safe saturated fat, with vegetable oils containing unsaturated fat. Interesterified fats are developed to take the place of trans fats in commercially produced baked goods & snack foods. Interesterified fats are used in a wide range of food products and were introduced as a replacement for trans fats, which are known to be detrimental to cardiovascular health.
Considering these factor, Interesterified fats market is expected to register a single-digit compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2018 to 2028. The Interesterified fats market across the globe has grown significantly owing to the increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD), which remains one of the biggest public health concerns, is expected to increase the manufacturing and sales of Interesterified fats globally. Governmental support for a holistic approach to health products also lay a positive impact on Interesterified fats market.
Interesterified Fats Market Dynamics
Increasing Instance of cardiovascular disease: Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) remains one of the biggest public health concerns and have been officially deemed to cause a significant number of deaths across the globe and people are refraining from consuming food products with a high content of trans-fats. Food manufacturers are including interesterified fats in their products to cater to the demands of health-conscious consumers. This is fueling global market revenue growth significantly.
Growing demand for interesterified fats in the bakery industry: The bakery industry has been witnessing significant growth over the last few years, and there is a steady increase in demand for fats with better taste, texture, and shelf life. Manufacturers in the oils and fats industry are upping their product portfolio to include interesterified fats. This will boost the application of interesterified fats in the bakery sector.
Regulations pertaining to the elimination of trans-fatty acids from food products: With increasing awareness around the ill effects of consuming fatty food products, food safety authorities around the globe are implementing stringent rules and regulations limiting the use of trans-fats in food production. For Instance, in 2015, the FDA gave food manufacturers three years to stop using trans-fat completely, although they can apply for an exemption if necessary. To replace trans-fat, food producers are increasingly turning to interesterified fat. This will be triggering global demand for interesterified fats in the food and beverages sector.
Global Interesterified Fats Market Segmentation
The global market for interesterified fats is segmented on the basis of the interesterification process, application & region.
- By Product Type, Interesterified Fats are segmented as
- Palm Oil
- Soy Oil
- Groundnut Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Rapeseed Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Cottonseed Oil
- By Interesterification Process, Interesterified Fats are segmented as
- Chemical interesterified fats
- Enzymatic interesterified fats
- By Application, Interesterified Fats are segmented as
- Food & Beverage Industry (Bakery products, Dairy products, and Ice cream, Chocolate & Confectionery, Bread and Cereals, Others)
- Personal care & Cosmetics
Global Interesterified Fats Market Player
Among all the regional markets, North America is estimated to dominate the interesterified fats market in terms of revenue share, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific. Interesterified fats markets in Europe are expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. Consumption of interesterified fats is relatively high among consumers in the Europe region, which is expected to drive the interesterified fats market growth in the near future. The Asia Pacific and Latin America are expected to register higher growth in terms of value over the forecast period
Global Interesterified Fats Market Player
Some of the prominent players operating in the global interesterified market include Bunge Ltd., Archer-Daniels-Midland Co., Ventura Foods, Adams Group, Cargill Incorporated, Wilmar International Limited, Intercontinental Specialty Fats Sdn. Bhd, 3F Industries Limited, Oleo-Fats Inc., De Wit Specialty Oils, IOI Corporation Berhad, Liberty Oil Mills Ltd., Fuji Oil Holdings Inc., Mewah International Inc. and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Interesterified Fats Market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to Interesterified Fats Market segments such as geographies, nature and end-use industries.
The Interesterified Fats Market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Interesterified Fats Market Segments
- Interesterified Fats Market Dynamics
- Interesterified Fats Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis for Interesterified Fats Market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments of Olestra. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation of Olestra.
- Historical, current and projected market size of Olestra in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development