- The fabric conditioners market registered a value CAGR of nearly 2.5% during the period 2013 to 2018. The fabric conditioners industry is focusing on offering superior performance products to expand their customer base.
- Worldwide sales of fabric conditioners exceeded revenues worth US$ 9,000 Mn in 2018, and is expected to record a CAGR of 3% through 2027.
- Europe will remain the leading market for fabric conditioners, with sales estimated at over US$ 3,200 Mn in 2018. Key market players in the region are focusing on encapsulating enzymes in fabric conditioners and detergents, for making them reusable.
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to remain a high-growth market for fabric conditioners, with sales projected to record a Y-o-Y growth at over 4% in 2019 over 2018.
What are Key Growth Determinants of the Fabric Conditioners Market?
- Consumer demand for innovative and superior quality products has been encouraging vendors to launch fabric conditioners with unique packaging, technology, and quality at competitive prices.
- Growing focus of the fabric conditioners industry on portfolio extension by including novel products, to gain a competitive edge, continues to remain a key growth influencer.
- Increasing awareness on water pollution and environmental issues, linked with the laundry care products, has been providing an impetus to the development of eco-friendly fabric conditioners, and encouraging manufacturers to take green initiatives.
- Demand for fabric conditioners remains significantly upheld by commercial end-users, who have directed their focus toward providing softness and elasticity retention, while eliminating problems associated with fraying and squashing the fabric.
- Development of coconut oil-based fabric conditioners is being viewed by manufacturers as a more environment-friendly, hygienic, and economically feasible solution compared to the conventional product formulations. Lower cost and enhanced properties of these fabric conditioners is expected to drive their sales, in turn favoring the market growth.
Know More Details About the Report
What are Key Challenges Faced by the Fabric Conditioners Market Players?
- Respiratory problems and skin irritation associated with key ingredient of fabric conditioners, quaternary ammonium compounds (‘quats’ or QAC) that are used to prevent static, has been one of the major concerns among manufacturers.
- A key concern associated with regular use of fabric conditioners is the build-up of fatty films, which makes the fabric less absorbent. In addition, use of fabric conditioners has been associated with stain spots and waxy accumulations on clothes. These concerns have been limiting the adoption of fabric conditioners.
Fabric Conditioners Market – Competitive Landscape
- Blended by perfume experts, the Honeysuckle & Sandalwood fabric conditioner, launched by Comfort, offers long-lasting fragrance, and super softness, while maintaining the shine and color of clothes. Aroma of rich sandalwood sweetened with honeysuckle, along with delicious hints of exotic frangipani and vanilla, are key ingredients of Comfort’s Honeysuckle & Sandalwood fabric conditioner.
- Procter & Gamble Co. launched its first plant-based range of Downy fabric conditioners, designed and developed for protecting clothes against damage during wash. With this product, the company aims at encouraging consumers to incorporate plant-based products in their daily chores. These fabric conditioners are produced by using post-consumer recycled content (25%), and have been claimed to be 100% recyclable.
- Unilever PLC, the U.K.-based leading company in the FMCG industry, operating through home care, beauty & personal care, and food & refreshment products. Overall revenues of Unilever PLC closed in on US$ 57 Bn in 2018. Unilever PLC has gained popularity as one of the largest producers of laundry care products, thereby contributing to the fabric conditioners industry to a significant extent.
- Headquartered at Germany, Henkel AG & Co. KgaA has been a leading manufacturer and supplier of home and laundry care products. It has significantly contributed to the laundry and home care industry by offering fabric conditioners, softeners, detergents, kitchen & bath cleaners, scouring agents, and all-purpose cleaners. The revenues of the Henkel AG & Co, KgaA exceeded US$ 22 Bn in 2018.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, based in the U.K., has been one of the largest manufacturer of home, hygiene, and health products. Overall revenues of the company in 2018 crossed US$ 16 Bn. Identified as one of the prominent companies in the laundry care industry, Reckitt has launched various products including stain removals, fabric washing products, fabric conditioners and detergents.
- The U.S.-based manufacturer and supplier of consumer products, Colgate-Palmolive Company operates via two main segments, namely, home, personal & oral care and pet nutrition. Laundry care products are also among major offerings of the company, including high-performance detergents and fabric conditioners. Total turnover of the Colgate-Palmolive company in 2018 surpassed US$ 15 Bn.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Liquid Fabric Softeners Remain the Preferred Category
Liquid fabric conditioners have gained high popularity as most effective solutions for eliminating odors and reducing the static in clothing. Sales of liquid fabric conditioners have remained robust, despite their relatively greater cost, with revenues estimated at over US$ 4,200 Mn in 2018. Alternative uses of liquid fabric conditioners, including removal of hard water stains, and preventing static shocks, are further expected to favor their sales in the near future.
A key trend that has been gaining utter traction in the fabric conditioners market is growing adoption of dryer sheets. Greater affordability of dryer sheets in combating the static cling, while providing softness and fragrance to clothes, has been driving their demand among consumers.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Intelligence and insights on the fabric conditioners market offered in this report are derived by using a robust, reliable research methodology. The methodology involves extensive primary interviews with leading industry players and opinion leaders, along with exhaustive secondary researches wherein insights are gained from credible databases.
Information obtained from the primary interviews is further used for validating the insights gained from secondary researches. This report serves as an authentic information source for its readers, enabling them to make factual decisions for future growth of their businesses in the fabric conditioners market.
This study of Fact.MR offers a comprehensive assessment of the fabric conditioners market, along with a long-term forecast for the period between 2019 and 2027. Imperative dynamics of the fabric conditioners market have been analyzed, along with micro- and macro-economic aspects impacting the market growth. Popular trends influencing fabric conditioner sales have also been highlighted in the study.
Chapter 1 – Executive Summary
This chapter offers a summary of key findings on the fabric conditioners market, along with the historical and forecast statistics. Demand side trends, and supply side trends in the fabric conditioners market have been analyzed for the readers to get a better view of the market prospects.
Chapter 2 – Overview
This chapter offers a concise introduction to the fabric conditioners market, along with a definition of the target product. Research scope of the study has been detailed, and size of the fabric conditioners market in terms of value as well as volume has been rendered.
Chapter 3 – Key Indicators Assessment
The study succeeds by highlighting the role of the cleaning and hygiene industry, and an overview of the household care market. An introduction to the laundry care market has also been given in this chapter, along with an analysis on key segments associated with the laundry care industry. Per capita expenditure on laundry care, the number of products launched, social sentiment analysis, and the consumer survey analysis of the laundry care products have been scrutinized.
Fabric conditioners is one of the imperative segment in the laundry care industry, and the study focuses on the prospects and outlook of the fabric conditioners market in the upcoming years. Recent developments in the fabric conditioners market, macro-economic factors, Porter’s Five Factors Analysis, government regulations, and pricing and brand value analysis of the fabric conditioners market have been assessed in this chapter.
Chapter 4 – Pricing Analysis
This chapter offers a detailed pricing assessment of the fabric conditioners market, along with key aspects impacting the pricing strategies of key players in the fabric conditioners market. In addition, analysis of the global price point index, global pricing based on regions and form of the fabric conditioners have also been included in this chapter.
Chapter 5 – Fabric Conditioners Market Analysis and Forecast
The fabric conditioners market has been categorized into form, nature, sales channel, and region. The market size and forecast of all these market segments and their sub-segments have been delivered in this chapter. Revenue and volume comparison, Y-o-Y growth comparison, and market share comparison based on value as well as volume, for all the market segments identified have been offered in the report.
Chapter 6 – North America Fabric Conditioners Market
This chapter gives a detailed assessment of the fabric conditioners market in North America. Key trends affecting growth of the North America fabric conditioners market, along with a country-level assessment has also been provided in this chapter.
Chapter 7 – Latin America Fabric Conditioners Market
This chapter gives a succinct introduction to the fabric conditioners market in Latin America, along with an in-depth analysis and forecast of the market. Key countries assessed under the Latin America fabric conditioners market include Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, and the Rest of Latin America.
Chapter 8 – Europe Fabric Conditioners Market
This chapter gives a detailed assessment of the fabric conditioners market in Europe. Key trends affecting growth of the Europe fabric conditioners market, along with a country-level assessment has also been provided in this chapter.
Chapter 9 – Japan Fabric Conditioners Market
The fabric conditioners market in Japan has been analyzed in detail in this chapter. The market size, in terms of value and volume, for each and every segment under the Japan fabric conditioners market has been provided, along with an analysis on key trends affecting growth of the market.
Chapter 10 – APEJ Fabric Conditioners Market
This chapter gives a succinct introduction to the fabric conditioners market in Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), along with an in-depth analysis and forecast of the market. Key countries assessed under the APEJ fabric conditioners market include Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN countries, South Korea, India, Greater China, and Rest of the APEJ.
Chapter 11 – MEA Fabric Conditioners Market
This chapter gives a detailed assessment of the fabric conditioners market in Middle East & Africa (MEA). Key trends affecting growth of the MEA fabric conditioners market, along with a country-level assessment has also been provided in this chapter.
Chapter 12 – Competitive Assessment
This concluding chapter of the study provides a thorough assessment of the fabric conditioners market structure, along with a dashboard view of key players operating in the fabric conditioners market. Company share analysis, recent developments made by these players, analysis on their product portfolio and company portfolio have also been delivered in this chapter. Occupancy of the market players across regions has been tracked and portrayed with the aid of an intensity map.
Chapter 13 – Company Profiles
Key players operating in the fabric conditioners market, as profiled in the report, include Unilever PLC, Colgate-Palmolive Co., Procter & Gamble, Marico, Godrej Consumer Products Ltd., Henkel AG & Co. KgaA, Wipro Consumer care & lighting, Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, AlEn USA LLC, Caldrea, Inc., Church & Dwight Co., Inc., and LG Household and Healthcare.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.