Isomalto-oligosaccharide Market in Numbers
- The isomalto-oligosaccharide market is estimated to witness an incremental opportunity of US$ 590 Mn between 2019 and 2029. Demand for isomalto-oligosaccharide (IMO) is set to grow unabated, as ingredients with functional and nutritional benefits gain higher interest of food manufacturers.
- The IMO market is projected to register an impressive CAGR of ~7% through 2029.
- United States will remain the leading market for IMO, as the ingredient gains traction as the holy grail for functional food manufacturers, who focus on the uptake of growing consumer preference for fiber-rich diet.
- South Asia is expected to remain the high-growth market for IMO, as consumer awareness on clean-label ingredients grows abreast rising demand for low-carb, high-fiber and high-protein foods and beverages in the region.
The isomalto-oligosaccharide market will continue to witness the consolidation of four leading players, namely, Shandong Bailong Group Co., Ltd., Baolingbao Biology, Co. Ltd, Anhui Elite Industrial Co., Ltd., and BioNeutra Global Corporation - collectively accounting for ~70% market share.
The sugar-, fat-, and calorie-reduction is a growing trend in the food & beverage industry, which has led manufacturers to focus more on new product developments and innovation. Leading players are consolidating their market position further through strategic acquisitions and collaborations.
For instance, in 2018, BioNeutra Global Corporation, a functional and health F&B ingredient manufacturer entered into a partnership with the nutritional division of LEHVOSS UK, Gee Lawson, to launch a novel isomalto-oligosaccharide product - VitaFiber(TM) IMO in Europe. In addition, key companies in IMO market are making significant investment in R&D activities, to improve the performance and functionality of IMO in animal feed.
The mid-level players, such as Shandong Tianjiao Biotech Co., Ltd., and Shijiazhuang Huachen Starch Sugar Production Co., Ltd., are eyeing geographical expansions to tap latent opportunities in developing markets. Growing focus of the market entrants on understanding consumer attitudes, knowledge, perceptions and behaviors, is likely to complement their permeation in the IMO market worldwide.
Key Factors Shaping Growth of the Isomalto-oligosaccharide Market
- Growing production of functional foods in response to shifting customer preference for personal health and well-being has been favoring application of IMO as a key ingredient in an array of products. This falls in line with the increasing traction for nutrition-rich processed food.
- Prebiotics continue to gain high popularity as beneficial for human gut health and immune system, in turn rubbing off on the demand for IMO. Sensing the potential growth in this aspect, F&B producers are substantially leveraging the functionality of isomalto-oligosaccharide as low carb sweetener.
- High traction of fiber-rich ingredients in line with the growing health & wellness trend, has meant that consumer spending on health food products is witnessing a rise, devoid of the cost. IMO manufacturers are expected to significantly benefit from growing preference for healthy food.
- Sales of isomalto-oligosaccharide continue to gain momentum on account of the onward and upward demand for clean label ingredients in dietary supplements, and bakery & confectionery products. As food manufacturers continue to adopt ‘clean-label’ as the new norm, to attract a wider pool of consumers, demand for IMO will gain an uptick in the foreseeable future.
- Increasing awareness about the consequences of unhealthy eating has led to a significant shift in consumer preference for trans-fat products in recent years. Sensing the potential lucrativeness of low trans-fat products, food manufacturers are increasingly adopting low fat and low calorie prebiotics and sweeteners in offerings, thereby creating a significant demand for IMO.
Key Challenges in the Isomalto-oligosaccharide Market
- Pervasive permeation of probiotics as health supplements, backed by successful marketing activities, has overshadowed the prebiotics landscape, tugging sales of IMO as a consequence.
- High dose of isomalto oligosaccharide has been associated with adverse health impacts. The FDA recommends a maximum of 30 grams per day consumption of IMO. This is expected to pose a negative influence on growth of the IMO market.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Food & Beverage Industry – A Vital Revenue Pocket for IMO Producers
There has been a significant surge in the demand for functional foods in recent years, which in turn has favored development and adoption of plant-based, functional ingredients. IMO has gained a notable traction as a key functional ingredient among food producers, in light of its compatibility with the clean-label trend, and reduced sugar and fat content.
The study finds that food & beverage industry accounts for ~60% sales of IMO worldwide. Growing consumer awareness about prebiotics and associated health outcomes, will have a notable influence on sales of IMO in the foreseeable future.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Isomalto-oligosaccharide Market – Research Methodology
An accurate methodology and holistic approach lay the foundation of the valuable insights mentioned in the isomalto-oligosaccharide market.
The Fact.MR study presents detailed information pertaining to the growth projections of isomalto-oligosaccharide industry and a systematic breakdown of the determinants that are shaping the growth of the market.
An in-depth primary and secondary research has been performed to include incisive insights into the forecast analysis of isomalto-oligosaccharide market. The report on isomalto-oligosaccharide market has also gone through pre-publish validation tunnels to guarantee the uniqueness of the key insights and information presented in the report.
- FAQs -
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.