On the go Food Packaging Market
On the go Food Packaging Market Analysis by Material (Polyethylene Terephthalate, High Density Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polystyrene), by Packaging Type (Bottles & Jars, Cans, Trays), by Thermoforming (Die Cutting, Injection Moulding), by Food Type & Regional Forecast 2022-2032
Analysis of On the go Food Packaging market covering 30 + countries including analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Global On the go Food Packaging Market Outlook
The global on-the-go food packaging market is estimated at USD 1,952 Million in 2022 and is forecast to surpass USD 3,760 Million by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 6.8% during 2022-2032.
Base Year Value (2021A)
USD 1,875 Million
Estimated Year Value (2022E)
USD 1,952 Million
Projected Year Value (2032F)
USD 3,760 Million
Global Growth Rate (2022-2032)
North America Market Share in 2021
North America Growth Rate (2022-2032)
Top 5 Companies Market Share in 2021
Key Companies Profiled
The global on-the-go food packaging market contributed by providing around ~1% of the total revenue generated by global food packaging market in 2021. The on-the-go food packaging business is estimated to provide an absolute $ opportunity of USD 1,808 Million during the assessment period of 2022-2032.
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
On the go Food Packaging Market Historical Overview (2017-2021) Vs. Forecast Outlook (2022-2032)
- North America on-the-go food packaging market have been generating maximum revenue for on-the-go food packaging manufacturers from past half-decade. Around 35.8% of overall market valuation for on-the-go food packaging was generated by American countries in 2021 which is forecast to surpass valuation of USD 1,594 Million by 2032 end, growing with 6.4% CAGR. On the go Food Packaging business in US is generated around 68.2% market share in 2021 and is projected to grow with exciting CAGR of 6.6% during 2022-2032.
- Increasing demand for on-the-go foods, coupled with proactive consumer lifestyles has driven the demand for effective packaging solutions in recent past. Thus, this market grew with CAGR of 4.2% with an absolute $ opportunity of USD 625 Million during 2017-2021.
- Food packaging made from polyethylene terephthalate held the maximum market share ~22.6% in 2021 and is expected to gain 140 BPS within the forecast period by contributing the market with share of ~24.3% by end of 2032 that is around USD 914 Million.
- Under packaging boxes available for food packaging, pouches & sachets segment is estimated to hold market share of ~26.9% in 2022 and is likely to provide an absolute $ opportunity of USD 746 Million by reaching a market valuation of USD 1,271 Million in 2032.
- Intelligent packaging is an emerging solution trend in food packaging where consumers are informed about the ingredients and nutrition content through smart devices. These packages are capable of informing consumers on the basis of color changes and making them aware of the contamination.
- Active packaging also aids in improving the shelf life of food by adding antimicrobial coating and regulating moisture within the container.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
How North America is projected to Witness Highest Growth for Market of On the go Food Packaging during the Forecast Period?
The North America on-the-go food packaging market is expected to provide maximum absolute $ opportunity to its manufacturers comprehended by the availability of strong supply chain networks of on-the-go food packaging manufacturers in this region.
By the end of this forecast period, the global sales of on-the-go food packaging products is estimated to register sales of over 7,350 thousand tons out of which ~28% is estimated to be consumed by North America itself.
Trend of new designs and innovative solutions for on-the-go food packaging are emerging across US. Thus, US on-the-go food packaging market is estimated at USD 487 Million in 2022 and is forecast to surpass market valuation of USD 1,151 Million by end of 2032, growing at an exciting rate of 6.5% during the forecast period.
In addition, North America on-the-go food packaging market is forecast to surpass USD 1,594 Million in 2032 out of which ~72.2% share is projected to be generated through US and Canada on-the-go food packaging markets during the same year.
How Polyethylene Terephthalate to Endure as the Most Demanded Material for Food Packaging?
Consumer level analysis along with specific questionnaire reveals that polyethylene terephthalate will remain a highly-used packaging material in the global on-the-go food packaging market throughout the forecast period.
Recently during 2018-2019, more than 1,750 thousand tons of on-the-go food packaging products were sold in the world were made of polyethylene terephthalate.
The report has also observed a growing use of high density polyethylene and aluminum as key on-the-go food packaging materials in the global packaging landscape.
Over the forecast period, on-the-go food packaging products made of aluminum and high density polyethylene will register robust volume CAGRs.
Comprehending the aforementioned factors, polyethylene terephthalate material for on-the-go food packaging is projected to grow at 6.6% CAGR during 2022-2032 and is estimated to value around USD 447 Million in 2022. This segment is projected to cover share around ~22.9% market valuation for on-the-go food packaging by 2022 and is forecast to surpass market value of USD 914 Million by 2032 end.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Rigid Boxes to Remain Top-sellers for On-the-go Food Packaging
Effective use of rigid containers to carry and serve on-the-go foods has driven their demand in the global on-the-go food packaging landscape. Thus, pouches & sachets type of food packaging is estimated at USD 525 Million in 2022 and is forecast to reach market valuation of USD 1,271 Million by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 6.9% over the forecast period of 2022-2032.
Key findings from the report also reveal that majority of on-the-go food packaging products will be used for convenience food applications. The application of on-the-go food packaging in dairy products food type is estimated to account for approximately ~40% of the overall global market volumes during the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape: Top Companies in On the go Food Packaging Market
The global on-the-go food packaging market is highly fragmented and competitive owing to the existence of many domestic and regional players. Various marketing strategies are adopted by key players such as mergers and acquisitions, expansions, collaborations and partnerships.
Also, new product development as a strategic approach is adopted by the leading companies to upscale their market presence among consumers. These strategies have resulted in the incorporation of advanced on-the-go food packaging.
Fact.MR has provided detailed information about price points of top manufacturers of on-the-go food packaging positioned across regions, sales growth, production capacity, and speculative technological expansion in the recently published report.
Global On the go Food Packaging Market Segments
By Material :
- Polyethylene Terephthalate
- High Density Polyethylene
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Low Density Polyethylene
By Packaging Type :
- Bottles & Jars
- Bags & Sacks
- Pouches & Sachets
- Others (Folding Cartons, etc.)
By Food Type :
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Meat & Seafood
- Dairy Products
- Other Application
By Thermoforming :
- Die Cutting
- Injection Moulding
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- FAQs -
The global value of on-the-go food packaging market is estimated to be worth over USD 1,952 Million in 2022.
Value of on-the-go food packaging market in 2032 is forecast to surpass USD 3,760 Million by 2032 end.
During 2017-2021, global on-the-go food packaging market grew at 4.2% CAGR.
Pouches & sachets on-the-go food packaging segment is estimated to provide an absolute $ opportunity of USD 746 Million during the forecast period (2022-2032).
North America topped the global on-the-go food packaging market by accounting around ~35.8% of its total market valuation in 2021.