Kids Toothbrush Market
Kids Toothbrush Market Analysis By Product Type (Electric, Non-electric), By Target Age Group (Infants (Ages 4 Weeks to 1 Year), Toddlers (Ages 12 Months to 24 Months), Pre-Schoolers (Ages 2 to 5 Years), School-aged Children (Ages 6 to 13 Years)), By Sales Channel (Offline Stores, Online Stores) and Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Kids Toothbrush Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Kids Toothbrush Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
This latest Fact.MR research study places worldwide sales of kids’ toothbrushes at US$ 3.13 billion in 2023 and estimates them to reach US$ 6.57 billion by the end of 2033. Over the next ten years, the global kids toothbrush market is poised to exhibit expansion at a healthy 7.7% CAGR, which is 2.4% higher than its historical CAGR of 5.3% from 2018 to 2022.
Boring toothbrushes are for adults and a glance at the search for kids’ toothbrushes only proves to be a testament to the aforementioned statement. Increasing popularity of Cocomelon toothbrushes, Spiderman toothbrushes, and Paw Patrol toothbrushes shows how influential the kids toothbrush industry is and how companies manufacturing toothbrushes for children with just a little research on kids could create innovative products.
- In 2020, Aquawhite, a leading provider of oral care for kids, announced the launch of a new range of oral care products. The new ranges are based on Peppa Pig and Hello Kitty characters to make the oral care experience of kids more fun and immersive. Featured toothbrushes from this range had ultra-soft bristles that are safe for kids’ delicate gums.
Surging focus on oral hygiene and rising awareness regarding dental issues in kids are key prospects that are projected to boost demand for kids’ toothbrushes over the coming years. The growing availability of novel kids’ toothbrushes and the rapidly increasing global population are also anticipated to favour kids’ toothbrush sales in the future.
- In September 2022, Suri, a toothbrush manufacturer based in London, announced the launch of its new Sustainable Sonic Toothbrush. The brush head of this product is made from completely recyclable plant-based materials and an aluminum body.
Factors such as local supply, pricing trends, product standards, safety regulations, and new developments that augment market growth at present and in the future have been elaborately mentioned and discussed in this latest kids’ toothbrush industry survey by skilled analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Kids Toothbrush Market Size (2023)
US$ 3.13 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 6.57 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Germany Market Value (2033)
US$ 775.95 Million
China Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
United States Market Value (2033F)
US$ 1.2 Billion
United Kingdom Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
India Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
How Can Start-ups Increase their Footprints in the Kids’ Toothbrush Space?
“Innovation – The Mantra for Creation of Successful New Kids’ Toothbrush Companies”
Making kids brush their teeth regularly is a battle that parents have fought for years and there’s always been room for more innovation as to how the world can get more kids accustomed to the brushing activity. Toothbrushes with carvings of their favorite cartoons are just not enough to entice modern-day kids and this is where kids’ toothbrush manufacturing start-ups are shining bright with innovations that probably didn’t even cross anyone’s mind before they were launched.
- In 2021, Willo, a New York-based dental start-up working on enhancing the brushing experience, announced the launch of a new oral care robot device for kids. The device aimed to help children reach all their teeth and give a clean brush, which is what cannot be promised through the traditional approach of brushing.
- In 2019, Japanese giants, Kyocera and Lion Corp. collaboratively worked together as part of Sony’s start-up initiative to develop a unique toothbrush that plays music when used. The product was called Possi and was capable of transmitting music directly to the user through vibrations created by electric signals.
New children’s toothbrush suppliers can mimic such innovations or craft their innovative strategies and products to make a mark in the global children’s toothbrush market in the future. Know more about start-ups and how they can alter the industry from this Fact.MR research analysis.
Which Countries are Remunerative Markets in APAC?
“China, India – Prime Markets for Kids’ Toothbrush Suppliers in Asia Pacific”
Increasing urbanization and the launch of dental health awareness initiatives by governments in most Asian countries are prime prospects that are anticipated to influence the sales of kids’ toothbrushes across the region over the coming years. The rising per capita disposable income of people in countries such as India and China is also predicted to favor demand for kids’ toothbrushes throughout the forecast period.
Availability of cheap manufacturing facilities and low-cost raw materials is another aspect that is estimated to attract kids’ toothbrush manufacturers to China and India going forward.
- Children’s toothbrush demand in India is forecasted to rise at an astronomical 9.3% CAGR from 2023 to 2033 and secure a value of US$ 729.91 million by the end of 2033.
What Can Kids’ Toothbrush Companies Do to Unleash the United States Market Potential?
“Influencer Marketing and Character Licensing – Key to Unbridling Market Growth”
The influence of celebrities and social media personalities is unprecedented in the United States and this is where a major opportunity lies for kids’ toothbrush companies who want to take their business to the next level. Kids’ toothbrush suppliers can also focus on character licensing of children’s favorite characters to create unique products and improve their sales in the country.
- Kids’ toothbrush sales in the United States are estimated to rake in a valuation of US$ 1.2 billion by the end of 2033 while rising at a high 8% CAGR throughout the forecast period.
Electric toothbrushes are gaining massive popularity in the United States recently and this trend is projected to influentially alter the demand outlook for kids’ toothbrushes in the future. Infant electric toothbrushes, pediatric electric toothbrushes, and electric toothbrush accessories are projected to witness high sales going forward.
- In November 2022, quip, an oral care company founded in 2015, announced the launch of its new rechargeable electric toothbrush. The company had claimed that the product can retain charge for up to three months and comes with a replaceable brush head.
Which Trends are Influencing Kids’ Toothbrush Demand in European Countries?
“Rising Awareness of Preventive Dental Care and Sustainability”
Awareness regarding preventive dental and oral care has been increasing rapidly among Europeans in recent years and this is a key factor that is estimated to benefit demand for children’s toothbrushes throughout the forecast period. European countries have been focusing on improving sustainability to reduce their carbon footprint and this is also a key trend that kids’ toothbrush vendors could focus on and capitalize on going forward.
- Shipments of kids’ toothbrushes in Germany are projected to rise at a healthy 7.3% CAGR across the forecast period to attain a revenue value of US$ 775.95 million by 2033-end.
Dental health is an integral part of the education system in most European countries, which makes European parents more likely to purchase kids’ toothbrushes and drive revenue generation in the kids toothbrush market over the next ten years. The United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and France are estimated to be markets of crucial importance in the European region.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Sales of Which Type of Toothbrushes are Soaring across the World?
“Manual Toothbrushes Still More Popular Than Electric Toothbrushes”
The kids toothbrush market is segmented on the bases of product type and further classified as electric and non-electric.
Non-electric toothbrushes account for a dominant share in the global marketplace at present as they have done since the inception of toothbrush as a concept and are slated to continue to do so through 2033. The increasing popularity of electric toothbrushes in the modern digital world is projected to slightly hurt sales of manual toothbrushes by the end of the forecast period.
- Non-electric kids’ toothbrush shipments are estimated to increase at a healthy 7.1% CAGR over the next ten years.
Surging awareness regarding the benefits and usability of electric toothbrushes is projected to notably augment children’s electric toothbrush shipments over the next ten years and beyond. Increasing adoption of electric toothbrushes by disabled children will also contribute to the high share of electric toothbrushes going forward.
Which Sales Channel is Responsible for a Lion’s Share of Revenue Generation?
“Online Stores Magnanimously Contribute to Global Market Revenue”
Based on sales channel, the kids’ toothbrush market is segmented into offline stores and online stores.
Increasing penetration of the Internet and e-Commerce around the world is a prime prospect that is favoring sales of kids’ toothbrushes through online channels. Adoption of hectic lifestyles and the convenient nature of online shopping are also anticipated to favor kids’ toothbrush demand in online stores throughout the forecast period and beyond.
- Kids’ toothbrush sales via online stores are extrapolated to rise at a robust 7.8% CAGR from 2023 to 2033.
Leading kids’ toothbrush manufacturers are focusing on strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations to expand their business scope and bolster their position in the global competitive landscape.
- In September 2021, Sunstar, a world-renowned oral care organization, announced the acquisition of Playbrush, a digital oral hygiene start-up founded in 2015. This acquisition strengthened Sunstar’s position in the global marketplace and allowed Playbrush’s offerings to reach a more expansive audience.
Kids’ toothbrush companies are also launching new products and expanding their product portfolio to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors.
- In February 2022, BURST Oral Care, an e-Commerce company founded in 2017, announced the launch of its new sonic toothbrush featuring the designs of CoComelon star JJ himself. The product was a limited edition launch and came with exclusive CoComelon video content.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments Covered in Kids Toothbrush Industry Research
By Product Type :
By Target Age Group :
- Infants (Ages 4 Weeks to 1 Year)
- Toddlers (Ages 12 Months to 24 Months)
- Pre-Schoolers (Ages 2 to 5 Years)
- School-aged Children (Ages 6 to 13 Years)
By Sales Channel :
- Offline Stores
- Departmental Stores
- Drug Stores & Pharmacies
- Other Sales Channels
- Online Stores
- E-Commerce Platforms
- Company/Brand Websites
- Offline Stores
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global kids toothbrush market holds a value of US$ 3.13 billion in 2023.
Worldwide sales of kids’ toothbrushes are expected to reach US$ 6.57 billion by 2033-end.
Shipments of kids’ toothbrushes are predicted to rise at 7.7% CAGR from 2023 to 2033.
Expanding at a CAGR of 8%, kids’ toothbrush demand in the United States is expected to reach US$ 1.2 billion by 2033-end.
Amway, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Chicco, Clinica, Oriflame, and Johnson & Johnson are leading kids’ toothbrush suppliers.
Sales of kids’ toothbrushes in India are predicted to surge at 9.3% CAGR and reach US$ 729.91 million by 2033-end.