Low Calorie Biscuit: Market Outlook
The market for low calorie biscuits is expected to grow during the forecast period. The factors which is estimated to increase the market growth of low calorie biscuits are growing awareness among consumer regarding health and fitness, changing preference towards healthy snacks, mainly among the working professionals and millennials.
The high nutritional benefit of low calorie biscuits is estimated to surge the demand for products. Gaining popularity as a go-to snack, which can replace high-calorie snacks such as cookies, chocolate and cakes is anticipated to increase the demand for low calorie biscuits in the global market.
Demand for low calorie biscuits is increasing because of the active and hectic lifestyle of consumers who are looking for convenient eating options. Increasing demand for healthy snacks especially in developing economies such as China and India is increasing the demand for low calorie biscuits in the global market. A rising number of health and fitness enthusiasts are expecting to fuel the low calorie biscuit market.
Some of the factors which are expected to increase the acceptance of low calorie biscuits are economical price, easy availability, and nutritional benefits. To induce more consumers towards low calorie biscuits, manufacturers are producing biscuits in different flavors to enhance the taste.
For instance, Parle offers digestive biscuits with the flavor of oats and honey with the aroma of cinnamon. The increasing trend of non-GMO and natural products is expected to increase the demand for low calorie biscuits in the market. Changing preference of consumers towards natural food products due to increasing health awareness and food safety concerns.
Additionally, advanced distribution channels such as online grocery shopping from various apps and websites have been propelling the market growth for low calorie biscuits. Moreover, companies are using innovative promotional strategies such as social media campaigns to spread awareness about healthy food products that will surge the demand for low calorie biscuits.
Increasing Health Awareness and Changing Preference Convenient Healthy snack is Driving the Low Calorie Biscuit market.
Increasing health awareness has created a new trend towards low calorie biscuits, they are considered to be good source of nutrients with tasty flavors.
Some of the other attributes which lead to surge the demand for low calorie biscuits are change in the living standard, increasing health awareness, consumption of convenience snack, awareness of healthy and alternative ingredients, innovation in products, fortification of biscuits with healthy nutrients and many more.
Investment in standardization of quality, nutritional fortification present product, and improved technology has given a new way to the low calorie biscuits in the market.
Consumption of low calorie biscuits has raised in working professionals and millennials as there is a surge in awareness of health and fitness consciousness. Biscuits are the most consumed snacks around the globe but the amount of fat and carbohydrates present in them has given an opportunity to the manufacturers to introduce healthy biscuits such as organic biscuits, fortified biscuits, and digestive biscuits in the market.
Low calorie biscuits are made up of multiple grains such as oats, ragi and others are attracting the attention of consumers who wants to stay fit and ready to have ready-to-go food.
Know More Details About the Report
Low calorie Biscuits: Key players
Some of the key players operating in the global low calorie biscuits are as follows-
- Parle products Pvt. Ltd.
- Mondelez international Inc.
- ITC ltd., Britannia
- Tiffany (IFFCO)
- UNIBIC foods india pvt. Ltd.
- cosmic nutracos solution pvt. Ltd.
- Pladis (united biscuits)
- Nabisco biscuit company
and many more. Many big manufactures of low calorie biscuits are making strategic changes such as product innovation by introducing new product variants in the existing product line, merger & acquisition or opening their manufacturing facility in other country to gain larger market share.
- For instance, in 2016, Britannia a leading FMCG company has introduced a new biscuit to its low calorie biscuits portfolio segment, Nutrichoice digestive zero. Britannia Nutrichoice is a healthy biscuit which consists of power pack snack specially made for those who seek a healthy lifestyle. This new range includes Nutrichoice heavens with almonds, banana and cranberries, Nutrichoice essentials are diabetic friendly biscuit and Nutrichoice digestives have five graing oats, ragi, wheat, corn and rice.
- In 2018, Parle a home grown brand, has launched its digestive low calorie biscuit under the brand NutriChrunch. Due to increasing demand for healthy snack options among Indian population, Parle has launched healthy range of biscuit. This product range includes Nutrichrunch Honey & oats, and Nutrichrunch digestive.
- Mondelez international has announced to reduce calories from its biscuits and chocolate range to below 100 calories by 2021. The biscuit and cookies manufacturer plans to lower down the calories in product by kids and adults below 100 calories by next month.
- In 2021, Pladis plans to launch new product, new logo and ATL campaign. This new product offers light and crispy baked biscuits to consumer which is packed with chewy fruity filing, sultanas and finished with sprinkle of oats and bran to give a soft texture. This new product has two variants blueberry and strawberry it just contains 56 calories per slice and is high in fiber. It has not only launched new variants but also change its logo and packaging. The new product come along with the biggest logo. Along with a fresh new logo, the pack re-design sees the introduction of an impressive new color palette and eye catchy photo. All of this new introduction will give the brand a contemporary look and feel and help to achieve stand out on the shelves of supermarkets/hypermarket.
- In 2020, McVitie’s is reducing its sugar content in nine of its biscuits. This change comes with years of improvement in nutrition by Pladis across its product portfolio in order to help consumers to achieve a healthier lifestyles. The biscuits which are reformulated include McVitie’s rich tea, McVitie’s original digestive, McVitie’s original hobnobs, McVitie’s ginger nuts, McVitie’s chocolate hobnobs, etc. which make up over 50% of all McVitie’s sales in UK. This reformulated biscuit will have 9% less sugar and 5%less salt. This recipe has been made through careful re blancing of ingredients to reduce sugar and salt.
Low Calorie Biscuit: Regional Analysis
Europe holds the largest share of market in low calorie biscuits. The market is growing because of the factor, high demand for healthy and low calorie biscuit. Another key factor is the presence of major players such as United biscuits, Mondelez international holds an important share of low calorie biscuit in the European market. Increasing demand and innovation of new product range are also contribution to boost the market of low calorie biscuit.
Asia Pacific is estimated to see fast growth in low calorie biscuit during the forecast period. Increasing demand for healthy and convenient snack products is fueling the demand of low calorie biscuit market. Some of the big players in India such as Parle, ITC and Britannia holds the maximum share in biscuits market, wherein Britannia’s Nutrichoice holds the large share of low calorie biscuit category followed by sunfeast’s farmlite range.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the low calorie biscuits market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as application, product type, form, nature and sales channel.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Low calorie biscuits market Segments
- Low calorie biscuits market Dynamics
- Low calorie biscuits market Size
- Low calorie biscuits Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to low calorie biscuits market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in low calorie biscuits
- Technology related to Production/Processing of low calorie biscuits.
- Value Chain Analysis of the low calorie biscuits.
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the low calorie biscuits market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in low calorie biscuits market
- Competitive landscape of the low calorie biscuits market.
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective low calorie biscuits market performance
- Must-have information for low calorie biscuits market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Low Calorie Biscuits: Market segmentation
On the basis of source, the global low calorie biscuits market can be segmented as:
- Multi grain
On the basis of package, the global low calorie biscuit market can be segmented as:
On the basis of distribution channel, the global low calorie biscuit market can be segmented as:
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retail
NOTE: All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of FACT.MR.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.