Low Fat Protein Snacks: Market Outlook
The low fat protein snacks are best suitable for health enthusiasts and fitness freaks due to their less fat and more protein content. Having low fat protein snacks can reduce the occurrence of conditions such as obesity and heart diseases for the snacks loving consumers.
Fat consumption gives 9 calories per gram while protein consumption gives 4 calories per gram. This, in turn, can lead to a surge in the low fat protein snacks market in the forecast period 2021-2031.
As protein is considered a building block for the human body. Consumption of low fat protein snacks can increase the nutrition value of the consumers.
The other available products that are considered less healthy than the low fat protein snacks still have a large market. Although the rise of demand for healthy products has boosted the low fat protein snacks market.
Providing Different Flavors to Consumers Rises the Market Demand for the Low Fat Protein Snacks
Consumers have a wide variety of taste and preference for any food item. These tastes and preferences are different based on the region, culture and choices and even the age of the consumer.
To stay ahead of the competition the numerous manufacturers have been coming up with different varieties and flavours in the low fat protein snacks market. For instance,
- Core Power, which is a high protein milkshake from The Coca-Cola Company in 2020 launched a Strawberry flavoured milkshake for its US consumers
Manufacturers and companies providing a variety of flavours to their customers can in turn boost the low fat protein snacks market in the forecast period.
Know More Details About the Report
Low-Fat Protein Snacks Market Have Seen a Rise in the Baked Products
The baked products consumption has risen as it is considered healthier than its regular counterparts. In the low-fat calorie snacks market, various key players have launched baked products with different flavors. For instance,
- In 2020, Frito-Lay, a subsidiary of PepsiCo Inc. launched new flavours such as Lime and Jalapeño of its Ruffles Chips which are baked chips
Awareness of the Consumers Related To the Claims and Clean Labels Has Created a Firm Regularization in the Low Fat Protein Snacks Market
The manufacturers of the low-fat protein snacks now clearly mention the claims on the product’s packaging it has made such as Halal, Kosher, Non-GMO, Paleo Friendly, Vegan or others.
The claims and clean labels support the salability of the low fat protein snacks products as there are consumers who now make a conscious decision while purchasing a product. Some companies only provide products that are healthy and beneficial to eat in comparison with other products in the market. For instance,
- Enjoy Life Foods, whose parent organisation is Mondelez International, provide only products that have products that focus on ingredient-conscious consumers. They also provide products for the low fat protein markets too
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Snack Bars Represents a Strong Hold in the Low Fat Protein Snacks Market
Snacks bars are consumed by many consumers all over the globe. Snacks bars with different flavors and different ingredients have made it a popular product among consumers. Manufacturers in the Snacks Bars segment of the low fat protein snacks have brought in new varieties and added new ingredients to attract the consumer end. For instance,
- Kind LLC, a food manufacturing company that holds a substantial share with its Snack Bars in the low fat protein snacks. In 2016, included in their extension Nuts & Spices and Fruit and Nut Lines, Dark Chocolate Almond and Mint
This shows that the companies such as Kind LLC are continuously focusing on providing different varieties in their product portfolio which in turn has surged the demand of the low fat protein snacks market.
Use of Foods Containing High Protein to Innovate New Products Has Surged in the Low Fat Protein Snacks Market
Some food items contain high amount of protein. Now manufacturers of the low fat protein snacks market have started to innovate with those snacks food items that have high protein content and low fat content. There are new varieties of bars, chips, vegan yogurts, and others. For instance,
- In 2020, Hunter Foods, a Dubai based company launched new products such as Hunter’s Gourmet Hand Cooked Potato Chips – Pesto Parmesan – Gold Edition which has Protein 5.6 gm and Trans Fat 0 gm (average per 100 gm). The other such products were Hunter’s Gourmet Baked PretzOs with black seeds and Hunter’s Gourmet Hand Cooked Potato Chips Gold Edition, Shawarma
The innovative products being launched have led to the rise of the low fat protein snacks market.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Low Fat Protein Snacks Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global low fat protein snacks are
- Jack Link's Beef Jerky
- Newon Foods
- General Mills Sales Inc.
- Met-Rx, Inc.
- Premier Protein
- The Coca-Cola Company
- PepsiCo Inc.
- Mondelez International
- Warrell Corporation
- Laboratoire PYC
- Kind LLC
- Hunter Foods LLC
- Sponser Sport Foods Ltd
To stay ahead of the competition numerous companies have started to innovate their products offerings. For instance,
- In 2019, General Mills launched new bars named EPIC Provisions Rise & Grind morning-inspired bars, LÄRABAR plant-based Protein bars, and Nature Valley Wafer Bars that were launched following the new consumer trends such as plant-based protein products.
Low Fat Protein Snacks Market: Regional Analysis
In North America, the US and European countries like France, UK are having a large market for the low fat protein snacks market due to a huge demand of the low fat protein snacks products and the presence of companies originating from such countries.
The players of the low fat protein snacks market in the MEA have made numerous innovation with their products which have led to a surge in the market not only in the MEA but globally too. For example, Hunter Foods LLC has a good hold over the low fat protein snacks market in the Asian Region.
Various companies have started to expand their regional presence to multiple places. For instance,
- In 2020, Premier Protein, a US-based company expanded to the UK market by launching its products in retail chains such as convenience stores.
This shows that there is a rise in the demand for the low fat protein snacks products which in turn is increasing the low fat protein snacks market in the forecast period 2021-2031.
The low fat protein snacks market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size.
The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the low fat protein snacks market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, type, packaging type and distribution channel.
Have a report related query? Speak to us directly
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Low fat protein snacks market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The low Fat Protein Snacks market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases).
The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the low Fat Protein Snacks market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Low Fat Protein Snacks market report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the Low Fat Protein Snacks market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the Low Fat Protein Snacks market
Low Fat Protein Snacks: Market Segmentation
Based on nature the low fat protein snacks can be segmented as:
Based on form the low fat protein snacks can be segmented as:
Based on the flavour the low fat protein snacks can be segmented as:
- Others (Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, Cheese, etc.)
Based on additional labels the low fat protein snacks can be segmented as:
- Gluten Free
- Low Calorie
- Others (High Fibre, Lactose Free, etc.)
Based on additional labels the low fat protein snacks can be segmented as:
- Plastic Bottles
- Tetra Packs
Based on distribution channels the low fat protein snacks can be segmented as:
- Speciality Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Online Retail
- Other Retail Channels
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in FACT.MR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.