Low Calorie Hard Candy Market
Low Calorie Hard Candy Market Analysis Report By Nature (Organic, Conventional), By Flavour (Orange, Lemon, Watermelon, Carmel), By Package (Pouch, Tub, Packets), By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Specialty Stores) By Region - Global Insights 2021 To 2031
Low Calorie Hard Candy: Market Outlook
Low calorie hard candy market is estimated to witness an increase in demand. There is a surge in demand of low calorie hard candy because of rising concern of weight gain among kids, youngsters and adults.
The study conducted by Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), stated that among every 5 children one is having obesity which has helped in the emergence of low calorie products. Moreover, government is encouraging many health initiatives to lower down junk food and high calorie. These factors anticipated to boost the low calorie hard candy market.
Sugar is one of the key basis of calorie in food. Now consumers are shifting their preference from high calorie food to healthy and low calorie food. The demand for low calorie hard candy are increasing due to its low sugar content and high nutrition value.
Candy market is growing and that, in turn, has improved the market for low calorie hard candy growth. Better flavors, appearance, and texture has further fueled the demand for low-calorie hard candy.
Low calorie hard candy contains low sugar and added nutrition. Low calorie hard candy is in great demand because consumers are going for low calorie hard candy which will reduce the craving for sweets. Consumer prefer to intake 50 calorie instead of consuming 200 calorie chocolates.
Candies are the most preferred confectionery in the world. Different types of candies are consumed across the world such as hard candy, lollipops, chewing gum, gummies, and many more.
The increasing number of confectionaries is one of the key reasons that is fueling the low-calorie hard candy market. Innovation in product and increasing target audience base are the key drivers that are predicted to fuel the low-calorie hard candy market during the forecast period.
Non-chocolate candies are having high growth due to the development in candy flavors. Most of the manufacturers are focusing on innovating products focusing on organic food culture around the world.
Moreover, stringent government regulation on the amount of sugar content in food products, vegan, GMO-free, clean-label ingredients, sugar-free, and other ingredients are used while producing candies, is likely to contribute to the growth in low calorie hard candy market.
Increasing Number of Confectioneries and Growing Awareness of Sugar Free Diet Has Driven the Low Calorie Hard Candy Market
Hard candy is made by sugar and may cause many health issues. Manufacturers are keeping in mind the shifting trend of consumers towards low calorie hard candy, they have started using natural sweetener in the candy. Stevia a sugar substitute derived from the leaves of stevia rebaudiana.
The compounds steviol glycosides are 30 to 150 times sweeter than sugar. The natural ingredients have become important for low calorie hard candy, as it is calorie free, which helps in controlling the weight and contains antioxidant which reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer. Apart from this it is consider safe for teeth as they do not ferment when in contact with oral bacteria and cause cavities and erosion.
Low calorie hard candy is available in various flavors such as fruits, chocolate, milk and nuts. The main target customers for low calorie hard candy is mostly health conscious youngster or adults, fitness conscious and children.
Increasing urbanization and changing lifestyle of consumer are further aiding to growth of low calorie hard candy market. The increasing demand for food items contain low cholesterol and fat, and growing trend of low fat convenient food in developing nations has induce the market players in the hard candy confectionary industry to launch new products in low calorie hard candy which will cater consumer local flavors as well.
Important investment made in promotional activities, social media marketing and advertising campaigns are expected to boost the demand for low calorie hard candy during forecast period.
Low Calorie Hard Candy: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global low calorie hard candy are as follows-
- Mondelez international
- Perfetti van melle
- Surya food
- DS food
- DeMet’s Candy Co.
- Ferrara Candy Co.
and many more. Many candy manufacturers are doing strategic expansion, merger and acquisition, introduction of new products in order to fulfil the demand for low calorie candy to gain maximum market shares.
- For instance, in 2020, Cargill launched first manufacturing plant in Asia, as the demand is increasing in the Asian market. Cargill has partnered with local manufacturer in western India to meet the growing demand. This manufacturing unit is expected to begin its operation from mid-2021.
- In 2017, Cloetta opened its first online store in China through Alibaba’s platform to take the advantage of country’s rising online market.
- In 2017, Hershey is focusing on new concept and innovation. Hershey is launching a new stand-up packaging because lay down package in shelfs are not noticed or gain attraction of consumers. West Hershey plant which is the largest candy factory in North America, is innovating in packaging in different design and style. They are reinventing the self-check queue, innovating digital commerce, expanding manufacturing plants and going on social media.
- In 2019, Parle a home grown brand announced the re-launch of Rol-a- cola hard candy which was discontinued in 2006.
- In 2019, Lotte has introduced a hard candy with lemon flavour in Vietnam with brand sukusuku. Producer had kept in mind the health and nutritional benefit for children. This new launch is not only good in taste but it also contains essential nutrients for children growth.
Low Calorie Hard Candy Market: Regional Analysis
North America leads the global low calorie hard candy market. An important factor inducing the sale of low calorie hard candy is increasing awareness of adverse effect consumption of sugar in United State.
Growing obesity among adults and children is key driver for low calorie hard candy expansion in the region. Sugar is the main contributor in rising the obesity issue. As per National centre for health and statistics of United States, incidence of obesity was 42.4% from 2017 to 2018.
Thus people are trying to cut down on sugar intake and prefer sugar free and low calorie hard candy. Moreover, the presence of key manufacturer Hersey and TruJoy increase its availability.
Asia Pacific is witnessing vital growth in low calorie hard candy industry and it is growing with fast pace. As per the report of WHO, in 2017 August, there is a drastic increase in diabetes type 2. Projected 96 million people have diabetes in the region, and 90% of them have type2, which can be prevent by reducing the consumption of sugar. Thus the market for sugar free and low calorie hard candy is estimated to record a significant chance of growth in the region.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the low calorie hard candy market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as application, product type, form, nature and sales channel.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- low calorie hard candy market Segments
- low calorie hard candy market Dynamics
- low calorie hard candy market Size
- low fat product Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to low calorie hard candy market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in low calorie hard candy market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of low calorie hard candy.
- Value Chain Analysis of the low calorie hard candy
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the low fat product market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in low calorie hard candy market
- Competitive landscape of the low calorie hard candy market.
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective low calorie hard candy market performance
- Must-have information for low calorie hard candy market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Low Calorie Hard Candy: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global low calorie hard candy market can be segmented as:
On the basis of flavour, the global low calorie hard candy market can be segmented as:
On the basis of package, the global low calorie hard candy market can be segmented as:
On the basis of distribution channel, the global low calorie hard candy market can be segmented as:
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retail
NOTE: All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of FACT.MR.