Natural & Organic Mouthwashes to Comprise Almost 1/3rd of Global Market Demand: Fact.MR
Published : 15 Sep 2021 Industry: Consumer Goods
According to recent statistic published by Fact.MR, the global mouthwash market is poised to reach US$ 8.49 Bn in 2021, expected to surge at a CAGR of over 6% through 2031, reaching a value of US$ 16 Bn by the end of the forecast period. Rising prevalence of oral health problems is one of the principal growth drivers.
Historically, from 2016-2020, mouthwash sales expanded at over 4% CAGR to close in at over US$ 8 Bn. The COVID-19 pandemic provided further impetus to mouthwash sales, attributed to a decline in dental surgeries in favor of addressing patients suffering from SARS.
Dental caries of primary teeth affect about 530 million children, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Hence, players such as Procter & Gamble and Colgate-Palmolive Company have launched campaigns to raise dental hygiene awareness among both children and adults, resulting in increased demand for mouthwash. Because traditional mouthwashes might contain toxic components such as alcohol, poloxamer 407, and sodium saccharin, customers are turning to natural and organic mouthwashes.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Global mouthwash industry to expand nearly 2x from 2021 to 2031
- Antiseptic mouthwash sales to incline at a CAGR of 6% until 2031
- Cosmetic mouthwash likely to account for more than 35% market demand in 2026
- By type, natural & organic mouthwash to be popular, capturing nearly 1/3rd of the revenue
- U.S is expected to hold more than 25% of the market for mouthwashes
- India to be an opportunistic market, surging at a CAGR of 7% until 2031
- 45% of the European mouthwash demand to be generated in the U.K
“As oral health problems continue to surge, manufacturers are increasingly deploying advanced disinfectant solutions, prompting high amounts of research and development to formulate new products,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent mouthwash manufacturers are emphasizing on extensive research & development initiatives so as to introduce products containing highly effective disinfectants. Besides, strategies such as capacity expansion, acquisitions and partnerships are also relied upon. Some key developments are as follows:
- In November 2020, Unilever Research Laboratories discovered that rinsing for 30 seconds with mouthwash containing CPC Technology reduces the viral load of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, by 99.9%.
- Likewise, in December 2020, Procter & Gamble unveiled its HDPE recyclable toothpaste tubes across North America for its Crest, Oral-B and Blend-a-Mend toothpaste brands, which reinforces the company’s commitment to sustainability
More Insights Available
Fact.MR's, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the mouthwash market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics from 2021 to 2031.
The study divulges essential insights on the market based on product type (therapeutic, cosmetic, antiseptic and other products), nature (conventional and natural & organic) and sales channel (modern trade, departmental stores, convenience stores, drug stores, online stores and other sales channels) across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East & Africa).
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Consumer Products
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned consumer products team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs.
With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the chemical industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Shambhu Nath Jha
Sr. Consultant - Consumer Products