Powdered Infant Nutritional Premix Products to Expand at 6% Value CAGR: Fact.MR Study
Published : 17 Sep 2021 Industry: Food & Beverage
The global infant nutritional premix market is expected to post significant gains, surging at a value CAGR worth 6.1% across the 2021-2031 forecast period. According to the report, the market will likely be valued at US$ 370 Mn by 2031-end. Rapid influx of working mothers in urban areas has led to heightened demand for convenient and nutritional baby food.
Historically, sales of infant nutritional premixes expanded at a CAGR of 4% to be valued at US$ 203 Mn. As of 2021, the market is poised to surpass US$ 215 Mn. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, sales further inclined, attributed to apprehensions concerning possible transmission of the disease via breastfeeding. The increased emphasis on social distancing protocols necessitated no-contact feeding of infants, thereby raising market demand.
Future market growth prospects are expected to be largely influenced by the inadequacy in breastfeeding by mothers across developing nations. As per the World Health Organization, about 44% of infants aged 0-6 months are exclusively breastfed. Moreover, undernutrition has led to the death of 2.7 million children worldwide as of 2020. Therefore, governments are providing affordable infant care, including nutritional premixes, expected to spur future demand.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Global infant nutritional premixes market to add 1.8x value by 2031 compared to 2021
- By form, powdered infant nutritional premixes to grow at nearly 6% CAGR until 2031
- Vitamin based infant nutritional premixes to account for over 32% market share
- Infant nutritional premixes for bone growth expected to surge 1.8x across the forecast period
- Nucleotide infused premixes to surge at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2031 to 2031
- U.S to be an opportunistic market, yielding over 36% market revenue
- China to exhibit a robust 10% value CAGR through 2031
“Increased prevalence of fast paced lifestyles combined with inadequate access to infant care is prompting enhanced sales of infant nutritional premixes across the developing and developed world,” comments a Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent players are embracing innovative approaches such as ground-breaking marketing tactics, technological advancements, mergers, and acquisitions.
- In September 2021, Koninklijke DSM NV announced its strategic decision to simplify its operating structure by reorganizing its health, nutrition & bioscience activities into three distinct groups, each with clear opportunities to benefit health of the people and planet
- In July 2020, Redox announced the partnership with JKP Nutrition to supply custom vitamin and mineral infant nutritional Premixes to the Australian and New Zealand markets.
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the infant nutritional premix market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics from 2021 to 2031.
The study divulges essential insights on the market based on form (powder and liquid), ingredient (vitamins, minerals, nucleotides, amino acids and others) and function (bone health, immunity, digestion, vision health, brain health & memory and others) across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
About the Food and Beverages Industry at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Industrial team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the food and beverage across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Sr. Consultant – Food and Beverages